Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a Good Day - This is not a feel good thread

Banned Read only
    I'm glad you made out relatively ok. Never turn your back on a coward. Situational awareness is a must. Heal well

Isha,
    Thank you for sharing, I literally cried as I read this. I am so glad that you are ok and that there were "people" there to come to your aid. Small minded cowards like that do pray on what the consider an easy target and three to one are never good odds. I'll be honest these days I do carry something with me even when in drab.
    Oh my god girl I am so very glad that you are ok and that you are here to tell the story.
    You take care
    Love
    Victoria D
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Sorry to hear that you had to go through such a harrowing experience, Isha, and in the middle of town, on a Sunday, and in broad daylight to boot. But on the flip side, had this happened in some desolate, dark alley the outcome could have been much different, so there is a silver lining here. I am also encouraged by the fact that despite this severe blow to your ego, physical being, and otherwise sunny optimism, you choose to see the glass as being half full and put more weight on the actions of these Good Samaritans as opposed to the cowardly thugs who assaulted you when you reflected back on this incident. As the German philosopher Nietzsche once put it "That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger", and you are living proof of that dictum.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but with you living in Ottawa at the epicenter of "Harperland" and the institutionalized "meanness" that our country has been subjected to over the last several years - along with strong Federal governmental push-back on the expansion of LGBT rights - somehow I can't help but think that this mindset was a contributing factor in these punks giving themselves "permission" to single you out for their transphobic attack.

o. k. i couldnt let this go, just finished shoveling snow and it didnt help,
    since the events started in the restaurant and they seemed to be there waiting when you left it came across as more of a hate crime when i thought more about it...
    but they were eating with you and had to pay for theyre meals, since they dont seem to be the most advanced people about i doubt that they thought ahead to pay CASH and may have left a paper trail.....once you pinch one im sure youll find the deserving offender.....

just didnt think it would be so hard for you to find since you wouldnt have to rely on video footage....just a thought....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

A reality check for all of who venture out - it's not a question of "if" but "when" - the potential for hate is among us all, be careful and vigilant: Isha so glad you are still posting.....................Debra

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but with you living in Ottawa at the epicenter of "Harperland" and the institutionalized "meanness" that our country has been subjected to over the last several years - along with strong Federal governmental push-back on the expansion of LGBT rights - somehow I can't help but think that this mindset was a contributing factor in these punks giving themselves "permission" to single you out for their transphobic attack.
    It's never said in so many words, but the effect is that it legitimizes the thought process that anyone who looks different from me, acts different from me, worships different from me, believes different from me, is from a place that is different from me, etc. is automatically suspect and worthy of any bile that I can muster against them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sorry for your injuries, Isha. But, happy they weren't worse.

This is a good wake up call for u and the rest of us. As a man, I'm used to going in some tough areas without worrying. But, when dressed we need to think more like GG's. Not only mite we be mistaken for women in questionable locations? We mite be made by drunken, high, toughs who along with their cowardly buddies, mite enjoy beating up a "queer"!

When out late at nite, don't walk off in the dark alone! Be aware of others within sight at all times, even behind u. This happened to me once. But, it won't again!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Isha

That's awful - so glad you weren't too badly hurt. Here's wishing you a speedy physical recovery, and the full return of your confidence to go out dressed again..

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Oh my Isha, so very sorry this happend and it's ashame there are people who just feel it's necessary to bully someone they don't agree with. This is true for most anything, I'm so glad your ok, and you are right while it should give us all pause when we go out it's best to always be aware no matter what. There are just mean people out there.
    Hope your better soon.
    Hugs Leigh

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am happy that you did not get hurt more. Stupid people suck! I agree with your thoughts. Crappy things can happen at any time, not just when we are dressed.

Reading your post saddened me Isha. Firstly of course, that someone I think of as a friend, someone who can be inspirational had to gothrough what you did. Now, we all know that you are not - how shall I put it - a pushover. Nevertheless, I'm relieved that in that awful situation, good sense prevailed. Sometimes, the odds are to great.

All of that said, I hope you heal soon, and please, give my (love, hugs - whatever is appropriate to your wonderful wife.

With you, Amanda
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Isha;

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles this weekend both physically as well as mentally. Your courage and strength for posting again shows us all the incredible depth in character you have.

This also comes as a wake up call or reality check for all of us. It's so easy to fall into a sense of comfort with ourselves and we don't have the naturally engrained that mothers impart to their daughters as they grow up. We all too easily fall into our own pink fog sense of security and this is a clear example that we always have to be on guard and aware of our surroundings.

Take care of yourself... The physical scars will heal soon... The emotional scars will take a bit longer but we all know you are one tough chick.

Be well... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Wow Isha, that is a bit scary, I'm glad no permanent damage was done and you will recover, quickly I hope. I thank you for the reality check. Was it after dark when you were returning to your car?

Should you have turned to keep an eye on the d-bags. It seems that your could only attach from behind, back shooters. I'm glad some came to your defense, the whole world is a@@holes!

Hugs, Bria

Aspiring Member
    Horrible just horrible. I shutter to think what might have happened if those passer bys didn't show up when they did. Scary stuff but a needed wake up call for us all. No matter how many times you go out successfully, it only takes one time for things to go downhill very fast. Usually when you least expect it. If I ever make it out again I am sure this story will be in the back of, or front of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    So here I sit nursing a thrown back (went out when I fell) and few bruised ribs and various bruises not to mention a bruised ego and feeling stupid for putting myself in such a situation.
    It was not your fault. No part of it was your fault. Do not accept any part of the blame. It was 100% on the people who did it.

I'm very sorry to hear what happened. I hope you heal quickly.

xxx,
    Jennie

My goodness Isha, just echoing sentiments left already, but gosh: "glad you're alright" just doesn't seem to cut it. I hope there was video surveillance so these thugs get taken down. Anyway, good luck and God speed towards your eventual recovery. Maybe the sentiment is safety in numbers when possible.... but I know that's tough for many. We all love you!

Best,

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I am glad you were not more seriously hurt. It's mind-boggling that people like this exist, those with lives so shallow they somehow find hate and terror a worthwhile activity. I like to think karma has a way of catching up with scum like that ...

I'm sorry that happened, wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Good on those who helped you though

Truly disgraceful. As you say, absolute cowards. I doubt that any words will speed the physical recovery or diminish the pain. What I hope is that the combined disgust of those who write strengthens your resolve not to be cowed by such brutish behaviour. Good wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Sounds like you handled these guys well, but left your 6 unguarded
    at the wrong time. ...
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Isha - I'm so sorry about this horrible experience, but sharing it just proves your commitment to helping our community and I can't thank you enough!

Kristyn's point is a good one for everyone to keep in mind. I studied martial arts for 15ish years and one of the best rules for safety in public is NEVER give your back to the opponent. I know it's so much easier to say than to do, but please keep that in mind everyone if you go out. If something awful happens, you're so much better off if you're facing the bad guys.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

Well, glad you're not hurt worse. If you ever face them in court, maybe ask the judge to offer them the opportunity to face you one on one as their punishment? You know, just to highlight the fact that their macho attitude is just a way of covering their lack of courage. Kicking, it's always kicking with these worms. You, on the other hand, never seem to be short of courage. ( all kinds! )
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Isha, Very sad to hear such happens above the USA border, too. Glad you have no broken bones, or skull. Those morons were attacking one who took bullets in war, saving another patriot, for their country! We can always say what we would do in such a situation, but we really never know, until in one. It always anger amd frustrates me so much, when i hear of people who have served the country over seas in war, come back, only to be beaten or killed by homeland thugs. The thugs get all the news, too often, and the many helpful decent people are too often overlooked. Thankfully, there are still decent folks willing to move out of their comfort zones, to assist others. I agree with others who have said to report this crime. Let's get them booked before they go after you or others.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 02-17-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Dear Isha, I'm really sorry this happened to you, you seem so nice and are a valued member here. Hopefully we will all learn from your unfortunate experience. Realizing one can never be to careful is very important. Hope you get better soon and continue on your adventures more cautiously. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Isha, I'd first like to say that I'm extremely glad that you weren't more seriously injured! Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm thankful that some people are still decent enough to stand up for someone else in need. The respect and compassion that was shown by those who came to your aide is something this world could really use a lot more of!
    ...not to hijack the thread, but I have to say that it saddens me that some people can't just live and let live. I'm not saying that everyone needs to agree or support everything others do, but why resort to violence, threats, slurs, etc. Against someone who is just trying to live life and does no harm? ...It's things like this that keep me from presenting as Jessica in the outside world.
    I commend your bravery for being authentic to yourself, but please be careful!

Hugs!!!

I echo what everyone e has said in that I'm glad your ok. It does make me think twice about going out dressed as I am yet to do. So many of us see you here and I think I speak for the group in saying you bring a lot to the group. Heal quickly- Joss