Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a Good Day - This is not a feel good thread

This is just awful, Isha. So lucky you weren't hurt worse and that decent people came to your rescue. A sobering reminder to everyone.

It may be easier said than done but I want to echo what Mikell said about reporting this to the police who can follow any paper trail they left behind.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Isha, Very sad to hear such happens above the USA border, too.
    Above the USA border? Really? I am increasingly more and more cynical as far as the myth of my Canada's niceness.
    Do not pretend for a second that there are any fewer weak and prejudiced minds and attitudes per capita in Canada. And I believe it is getting worse, not better. For the sake of ISIS protection laws are being voted in to further reduce out civil liberties. And my recent interactions with, and recent stories about Ottawa cops, not en femme, don't give me much confidence in fair treatment from them.
    There is a thirty-year old copy of a book called "Defendo" on our bathroom reading stand.
    Most of the book deals with avoiding dangerous situations.
    Sadly, the world is far more backward than we think and we alone must be increasingly aware of and responsible for our own safety.
    Last edited by ophelia; 02-18-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Fixed quote box

Isha, I am sorry to hear about your attack. I hope you make a full recovery. Thou there is really nothing I can do for you, know that you are in my prayers. I’m as guilty as most thinking like a guy, not thinking of being attacked. I am going to buy some spray today. The restaurant probably has video of them. Love Jean

I am very sorry for your difficult and painful experience.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Isha,
    Thank you for sharing your story! It really struck me and brought serious thoughts to other post I have read here. Your story had my blood going and I wish I had been there as a male to kick some butt! That is significant in itself! Many of us have been asked if we really stand up for T rights. I will now! Your story really made me think and I'll still try to go out occasionally! Thank you for sharing!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Isha,

I'm really sorry that happened. I'm glad you're basically OK physically and hope you'll heal quickly emotionally as well. I also urge you to report this; it was a hate crime.

Responding to another person:

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but with you living in Ottawa at the epicenter of "Harperland"
    I think you are reading too much into it. I live in Ottawa and it's extremely LGBT-friendly. By and large, Ottawa voters do not support Harper and even those that do tend to support a conservative economic and foreign policy platform rather than the mean-spirited social conservative agenda you find in the remnants of Reform.

The sad fact is that even in a largely tolerant and accepting community like Ottawa, there are always some haters and they can make life horrible for the people on the edges of society.

Isha, I am really sorry you had to expierence that.
    And thank you for your courage in sharing it with all of us.
    I`m sure it will be on everyones mind while out enfemme. and make us all a bit more conciouse of our surroundings.
    Thus preventing it from happening to another sister mabey.
    Tonya,
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    ... it's not a question of "if" but "when" -
    no Debra, it is not 'when'. Encountering a troglodyte who wants to embarrass may be a 'when' but a beating is not. A-holes like this are looking for a fight regardless of presentation but as long as they outnumber.

Banned Read only
    There are dirt bags galore. Too many! They are cowards and travel in groups. I don't know the laws of every state. but, Washington State is pretty good with recognizing every person Second Amendment rights!

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this Isha and I hope you are ok x
    Unfortunately in this day and age we still get our fair share of idiots who can't seem to leave well enough alone.
    I haven't been out myself yet but if I did I would have a friend with me at all times to be safe and probably best to go to busier places where you just blend in with everyone else.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

They are lower than cowards, doing that to a sweet decent lady.

Not much to add to what the other girls have said, how sickening. When I read stories like this the male ego inside me just wants to beat those idiots senseless (and I'm pretty sure the rage inside of me would make that very probable), but that would make me no better than them. Thank you for the dose of reality and let's hope that stories like this continue to be fewer and fewer. Isha, you will be in my thoughts, that's for sure.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Hell-o Isha,
    Since reading this thread this morning, I been thinking about your
    situation off and on all day.
    I know you said these three had made some pretty vial comments, and I don't blame you
    for making the comment about taking one of them to the hospital with you.
    I'm just wondering if there was any attempt at all on your part to diffuse the whole thing with
    words, or if your immediate thought was to go into fight mode.
    I'm not sure what the hate crime laws are up there, but in the states they are varied from state to state,
    and hard to interpret, let alone enforce. Regardless of what type of crime was committed, this still is a crime!
    It doesn't sound as if you are interested in pressing the matter, I think you said "what is to be gained ?"
    Think about the "Butterfly Effect", you could possibly be saving someone else from having to go through such
    a horrible experience. I realize it would become a public affair if this were to end up in courtroom, but you seem
    to me to be one that could go through with it.
    Please discuss this with your wife, and consider reporting this.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Thanks for posting Isha. Your frightening experience is a reality check to take care. It is easy with over confidence to slip into bad safety habbits. Heal quickly.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    OMG Isha....

Bet the hurt to your pride is almost as bad as the physical...

At least a few valuable lessons can be learned. (And I'm sure I'm only stating the bleeding obvious!)

1. Safety in numbers... A group may attract verbal abuse but the threat of physical abuse is reduced.

2. Time spent in reconnaissance is rarely wasted... Plan parking, infile and exile routes, possible ambush sites, etc

3. The best training, experience or confidence is no match for multiple attackers, or even one suitabley drunk or drugged. (And that does not take into consideration heels, skirts, restrictive clothing...) As you show, the chance of even token retaliation rarely presents.

4. Escape is best, embryo position tightly held is the only position to adopt if cornered or downed... (And I'm sure you know how lucky you were. Single punches can kill!)

I'm sure those of us that regularly venture into the vanilla world lull ourselves into a false sense of security. Your recount serves well to remind us all that the potential exists for all of us to suffer a similar fate.

Get well soon...

Hugs,

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Dear Isha, I am so sorry that you had to endure this horrendous act of hatred and violence. You are wonderful and STRONG, and your body and mind will heal. My thoughts and support are with you, Hugs, Holly

I wish you a speedy recovery

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Horror, this is unacceptable in a civilized society!

Isha, you are one of the sweetest girls on the forum, and are always positive. I hope and pray that you dont lose any of that innocence and sweetness from this. We ALL LOVE YOU!!

Isha, I am so sorry that you were attached. I believe that you should report it in an attempt to help others. Given they may have paid with a credit card at the restaurant they may be trackable. Finally, your ego should not be bruised. 3-1 and they did not even have the guts to take you from the front. I'd be pissed, but my ego would not be bruised.

really sorry to hear isha
    if you believe in karma as i do they will get what is coming to them
    hope you recover soon x

Like everyone here I am sorry to hear this happened to you Isha. I do hope you recover quickly.

I cant add a lot to what has already been said.

I do hope you eventually manage to meet the guys who came to your aid.

I am sure they deserve a nice thank you drink for the kindness they have shown you.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Wow, that's a bummer. So glad you weren't seriously hurt, it could have been much worse. I'm not passable, but I get out a few times a month. I'm a big believer in safety in numbers! Stick with your friends the next time! I'd still file a police report.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I am amazed and saddened by these events. I would really like it if there were no evil in the world, but there is.
    Thank you for sharing them. It's not just the good parts of life that enrich our experiences. The sharing brings us all closer.

Hope you mend quickly Isha, Sometimes no matter what you do things go awry. I have learned that no matter how safe you think you are, you aren't. One thing we learn when presented with an animal that is redirecting or acting as fear aggressive, is back away, keep watching them. These guys were basically acting as a pack mentality and in real life are probably more fearful alone,

I always park as close as I can when I go out. I am always looking. I keep a hand in my pocket or purse (they don't know what is in there) and if offered I always allow someone to walk me out. I am 6 feet tall 185 pounds, you would think I would be less a target, but it isn't true.I learned albeit not as hard as you did.

You can always tell stupid. You can't tell them much but you can tell. You ask what good does it do to report it? It may save someone else just because it will increase awareness by the police of the potential in the area. Yeah it's a one in a million shot but maybe, just maybe that one will come in.

Feel better soon
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,