Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Not a Good Day - This is not a feel good thread

Isha, my heart goes out to you. It is very difficult to read a first hand account of an assault, especially from such a positive and loving person. Wishing you a speedy recovery in body and spirit!

Banned Read only
    Isha,
    You are the last person something like this should happen to, I know it was always your wife's fear and I'm so sorry it's happened to such a good and caring person !
    You greet and make so many newcomers feel safe on the forum, you have fought for rites with the military possibly at your own expense and you have trained to defend your country to protect mindless thugs amongst them, Then they turn and mindlessly attack you !
    I can understand your reluctance to involve the law , the only downside is will that little group keep on doing it to others ? How far will they go next time if no one comes to the rescue ! Maybe you should rethink that one Isha, perhaps you shouldn't put it down to a bad experience because others may suffer at their hands again !
    I know it's easy to sit at a keyboard and say these things we weren't there and don't have the scrapes and bruises to show for it !
    Please get well soon and take care Isha !

Isha, this is so frightening, I am so glad you are ok. I admire your resolve to be who you are, you are such an inspiration to me.
    Get well and take care of yourself

-Claire
    - Claire

Isha. I doubt if any of those guys would have attacked or verbalized at you, had he been alone. The "mob", or "gang" mentality, PLUS ALCOHOL, can make a group of MEN into MONSTERS, all too often, when a TRIGGER presents his or herself, or, like an unlocked car. Maybe these hooligans will sober up, and maybe one of them will sometime regret what they did. Groups of young men and alcohol, will sometimes do terrible things, as we all know. I did my share of regretable, evil things with a gang of guys as a teen. I hope these misled young men, have a wake up call, and change their thinking, and if jail is it, so be it. You sound like a very intelligent person, who gets the facts, and I know you know all this. Just adding a thought.

The forum cries with you. I am hoping that this ordeal does not cause problems between you and your wife now that one of her worst fears about cding has materialized. Much peace, mel

Thank you for posting your thoughts Isha. I am thankful to read that while the beating bruised your body and your ego, it has not dimmed your spirit.

The contrarian view:
    With nothing solid to go by, it appears unlikely that the thugs will be apprehended. If they are, you risk putting your wife and yourself in harms way by pressing charges in a case which would probably net very little gain. The noble thing would seem to be to pursue justice, but at what cost? Who would really be harmed the most by taking this to court?

Looking at the risk/reward analysis of whether or not to file a report seems to show that filing involves some amount of risk, with little tangible reward whereas not filing provides much greater reward and very little risk.

Heal quickly my friend.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Sorry to see one of my Sisters hurt hunn I hope you heal pretty quickly and karma will catch up to those scum of earth. I will definitely take your advice and be very aware of future outings. I will be praying for your quick recovery.. God bless you hunn...

Platinum Member
    As you have experienced more concretely than most of us, going out en femme can expose you to danger. It's interesting to observe that the outcome may have been different if you had made couple of different choices, such taking tansit or accepting the ride to your car. But as you observed, muggings happen. These cowards sought you out....perceiving vulnerability. They might have fixated on another target if you hadn't been there at that moment.

And in the same moment that you'd experienced the worst of human nature, you also experienced the best of it.

My take away isn't fear of being presenting as TG In publi. It does reinforce the necessity of maintaining situational awareness even in relatively benign environments.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Isha this is so sickening. I add my hope for a quick recovery.
    Tender hugs

Isha so glad to hear you are healing. Sorry this had to happen to you. Alcohol plus the numeric superiority made these punks very brave. You said it yourself you turned your back to a threat. Girls this is a lesson to all of us who happen to step outside the house, never turn your back to a potential threat. We all must be aware of our surroundings. When walking keep your head up and eyes moving.

Isha I am so glad you weren't hurt worse. Heal up quick. Stay safe.

So sorry to hear this happened to you. Glad you are healing.

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar
    Isha,
    I'm so sorry for your horrible experience. I'm glad you are ok (relatively speaking) and wish you a speedy recovery. I wish you would reconsider reporting this to the police. These thugs need to be brought to justice. Maybe it's too late now, I don't know.
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-18-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Comments are not just non-PC - they are also prohibited by the rules
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

Wow. I am so, so sorry this happened to you.

Reine

Daniella Argento
    This is awful.
    I am so sorry that this happened to you.
    A good reminder to us all to stay safe at all times.
    Hope you are not in too much pain.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Isha, I definitely respect your choice regarding the possibility of going to court and potentially placing your wife in jeopardy. Sometimes it is best to let it go even when you would very much like to see the D-bags get their just deserts!

Sometimes we just learn form our mistakes, at least we hope so! I sure do hate having to learn the same thing twice, been there, done that!

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Hugs, Bria

Hope you are feeling better Def should have reported it,

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been expressed by others, except toadd that I also am distressed and sad that you were victimized. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the injuries you sustained.

How awful. I Hope you have a speedy recovery.

OMG! Isha I'm very sorry about this...how I wish that I could have been there to even up the odds against those thugs!
    Thankfully someone came to your rescue. I could hug them!
    This is a crime no matter what. Perhaps a long jail sentence is their karma.
    Best wishes for a good recovery sis.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Isha, This is the kind of thing that scares us all back into a closet. Your courage to keep keeping on is what keeps the rest of us in heels.

Isha- I am so sorry to hear this story. I hope you feel better soon!

what a horrible story, frightening aswell but the ending to it helps to remind that there are good,decent people in this world.
    Hope your feeling better and on the road to recovery
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Isha...just came across this thread, as I haven't been here for a few days. As others have already said, you're the last person this should have happened to. I am so sorry. I tend to think that this sort of thing never happens here in Canada...we're a pretty accepting bunch. But there are always exceptions. Sadly, it makes me realize that danger does lurk. Get well soon.

Isha, I'm sure it would add insult to your injury if you reported this to the police. At best, another attack could have taken place in the same area and the police could link the two. Even if the thugs were caught, I doubt they would get more than a slap on the wrist. It is a shame that is the way it is, but I do understand you not reporting it. I just thank God you are going to be fine again and we know karma will get them. Feel better soon.