Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Not a Good Day - This is not a feel good thread

Isha:

I'm deeply sorry that this happened to you. You have my love and support. I hope you get well soon.

Like everyone else, I am saddened that this happened to you, Isha. It brought back difficult memories from my time in primary and secondary school. I learned about situational awareness starting in Grade Tree.

I still live in my home town. Though an regional university has placed its Architecture school here, the redneck percentage hasn't changed much in the 30+ years since I left high school for university.

To those of you who want Isha to report her beating, I have first hand experience of what can happen: more violence. When I saw a birth announcement that the head bully was a father, I was seriously tempted to notify the local child protection services of the bully's past. That can be done without him knowing who sent in the tip.

Dear Isha,

I'm so sorry that this has happened. But a timely reminder to any of us who venture out. Hope your mending well.
    And Dirtbags are dirtbags, unfortunately they're everywhere. Thank goodness they are outweighed by decent people.

Hugs to you girl,

Christen xx
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I'm so sorry to hear this! It made me feel sick to my stomach while reading it!
    I hate that this happened to you, so uncool! They will get theirs in due time...

Hi Isha
    Glad you are on the mend, girl
    Sorry you've had to go through it 😢
    Tess x
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

Oh Isha, I am so sorry this happened and hope you are feeling better, at least physically. There can be mental and psychological damage from something like this and I hope that you are not and will not be affected by that.
    I have found, from years of hard experience, that unless you pursue legal action for this attack, either criminally or civilly or both, you will never heal properly from it. This, of course, would depend on whether or not you can possibly identify your attackers, but my guess is that there have been multiple occurrences by these predators and law enforcement would appreciate an eyewitness. You will also be performing a social service, may help to protect others and will send a strong message that this sort of thing will no longer be tolerated.
    I understand your reluctance and the reasons for it but would ask you to reconsider, even knowing how much you have done for society already by your service.
    The political climate being what it is, your best choice might be to contact your local MP (if they support the hate crime legislation) or an MP that does support it simultaneous to a police report. Right now there is a window of opportunity for a symbiotic relationship; the MP gets help with the bill passing, you get help with putting these guys in jail where they won't hurt anyone else. Yes, it will probably make you a poster child, but that is not necessarily a bad thing and is probably your best protection against retaliation. When you shine a light on cockroaches, they all run. I would not ask this without knowing that you're already out at work and at home, but please consider it; you could do an enormous amount of good.
    Last edited by donnalee; 02-21-2015 at 01:28 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Yikes! I'm so sorry this happened. I've been so lucky to never have anyone threaten or otherwise do something to make me feel uncomfortable, but this will definitely keep me on my toes!

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

I wanted to thank you again for all your kind well wishes and support.

By way of update, I am healing and while I wished I healed like a twenty year old . . . alas not so much. I have regained mobility in my back so I can get about but my wife has forbid me to engage in any physical activity less I reinjure my back (which took the worst of things) so no gym . . . which is driving me absolutely insane. Still running over the many "what if I had done this or that" scenarios but that alone will drive you bonkers so I am just concentrating on getting better and looking forward to my next trip out as Isha which hopefully will be in a couple of weeks .

Hugs

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 02-21-2015 at 08:29 AM.

I have been saying a prayer each night for you since this happened and will continue to do so. I'm pleased to hear that you are healing both physically and also are still planing on living your life on your terms.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Still running over the many "what if I had done this or that" scenarios but that alone will drive you bonkers so I am just concentrating on getting better and looking forward to my next trip out as Isha which hopefully will be in a couple of weeks .

Hugs

Isha
    "What If" is useful, but only to a point as it soon becomes a proposition of diminishing returns. As we cannot change the past, the only thing to do is take whatever was significant from the experience, file it away for future reference and continue on.

The past is the past: we can't change it, undo it or make up for it...

Better Days Ahead,

DeeAnn

Isha, I know what you mean about the what ifs driving you bonkers. Many times I have thought of at least ten snappy things to have said that were better than what I did say! Glad the healing is going well.

Hugs, Bria

Isha, I can understand a little about being kicked hard, but it was my older immature sister, who kicked me, because i could,nt understand her impeded speech!

Hi all,

I wanted to thank you again for all your kind well wishes and support.

By way of update, I am healing and while I wished I healed like a twenty year old . . . alas not so much. I have regained mobility in my back so I can get about but my wife has forbid me to engage in any physical activity less I reinjure my back (which took the worst of things) so no gym . . . which is driving me absolutely insane. Still running over the many "what if I had done this or that" scenarios but that alone will drive you bonkers so I am just concentrating on getting better and looking forward to my next trip out as Isha which hopefully will be in a couple of weeks .

Hugs

Isha
    Sometimes I wish there was just a " like " function on this forum . Not much to say but glad you are feeling better and take it easy 'til you do.
    I don't know why , but I am .

Oh Isha,

This saddens all of us so greatly. I am not one easily brought to tears, the man in me is still too much there but, I couldn't read your initial post with out blinking through the water shed. You are a wonderfully strong person. Through reading your encouraging posts time and time again, I feel you will be strong and return to going out as your true self, return to that restaurant, standing tall and being Isha!

There is little I can add except support. I support you in whatever your decision will be about reporting this.

Taking a bit of liberty with your words but restoring faith in Humanity at the same time...
    The guys who helped really wanted no thanks... Will these guys do it again? I can't answer that question.
    I can: Yes, they will and I hope they do. D-bags are out there, acceptance is not as easy as bullying. I know these gentlemen will do this again and I hope they do because D-bags will do something like this again even though we all wish they wouldn't.

My warmest (and gentlest) hugs,

-Erika
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Isha,

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I breaks my heart that someone so sweet and welcoming to this forum has had to go through such an experience. This serves as a lesson that when someone goes out in public, that there is a real danger. I wish there was something I could do to help. I would ask you to reconsider your decision about reporting it to the police. I think it is important that they know about it. I've only been out a few times dressed up and I'm always worried about protecting myself. Attacking you was so cowardly and they'll get what they deserve eventually. Let me know if there's anything I could do.
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-22-2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Prohibited subject removed

Like everyone else, I am saddened by this story. I am glad you arent letting this stop you from being Isha.

We are all rooting for you.

oh isha, what a horrible story. if they weren't in a group, i'm sure individually they are cowards
    and nothing would of happened. it's one thing to not accept us but to act out violently is totally wrong!
    i applaud your courage and wish you a speedy recovery.
    paula

Hi, Isha! My thoughts are with you. Thanks for sharing!

I hope you will get well soon
    do not label me for i am unique

My friend, this is seriously ****ed up news, very sorry to hear it.

I hope you are healing up well.
    I work in A&E in the UK, trust me when I say this, I've seen how these things usually go down time after time after time...
    You we're lucky.

Please take more care.
    All the best.
    Samantha -x-

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Amazing the contrast of a'holes to the kindest people who will not even think twice about how someone looks or is dressed.
    Cognizant of one's surroundings is vital.
    Thanks for sharing Isha.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Isha,

I've just seen this thread and there's nothing really I can add that hasn't already been said - just take this as a "get well soon" card.