Thread: Hibernation Nation

Banned Read only

Question Hibernation Nation

The Great White North, puts a hibernatory winter chill on outings, especially this friggin' cold one.
    With coats and boots and all it really puts a clamp on the practical side of dressing. That wind blowing up my white M M dress could freeze even the best tucked testes!
    I'm biding my time planning Spring outings and going through my wardrobe...but the urge hasn't gone away.
    How are you northernly-challenged ladies spending your hibernation?
    Last edited by ophelia; 02-17-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Four feet underground for six more weeks.

Ineke

I agree has messed me up 2 times and I don't gat that many chances to go out. As for frozen testes they shrivel up so small you don't have to tuck (LOL) although could be a problem once inside.

Utah, we will take your snow, need it bad, been in the 50 and 60 since the first of January. Send your snow please.

I hear you, sister.

What is really galling here is that when the news broadcasts show maps of North America where they are tracking the current weather systems, we see a huge arc extending downwards from the western Arctic almost as far south as Texas and then back upwards again through the Northeast, all of which is fronted by the infamous Jet Stream. This is the culprit bringing all that massive cold air down with it, yet all areas west of the Rockies miraculously seem to be spared this calamity at the moment. In fact, as Annaliese points out, temperatures out there are not only unseasonable for this time of year, they are bordering on the balmy, and on the West Coast (Vancouver area), the crocuses are starting to poke out of the ground and buds are already forming on the trees. Deja vu with respect to last year, but oddly enough, the phrase "polar vortex" doesn't seem to be trotted out as much this time around.

But much as we may gripe about our personal situations at times like these, we need to remember that there is always someone worse off. My heart goes out to the poor folks living on the U.S. East Coast and in the Canadian Maritime Provinces who have been walloped so severely by several successive snowstorms over the last couple of weeks and are so snowed under at this point that they are literally running out of room where to put it all.

Lately I keep thinking it could be worse, I could live in Boston. This has been one horrible Winter but just think how much more we'll appreciate SPRING!!! Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

While I don't envy the heavy snowfall "back east", the flip side is the west coast's "balmy" weather also means the extreme drought in my state and others continues with little end in sight. So it's not all rosy here either.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
    How are you northernly-challenged ladies spending your hibernation?
    I'm spending mine going out......dressed appropriately......boots, warm leggings, and layers.....i got my eye on some spring dresses....and spring....but thats not stopping me from going out....and scarfs and hats make great accessories xoxo

Better than I find here down under where it seems warm enough year round that I feel like my makeup will run off my face if I move outside away from aircon. Would love to be able to layer with coats and leggings etc one day.

As I said to someone else, no dresses, but tights and skinny jeans will suffice with me.
    Plus my big fluffy boots.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great weather for my favorite - Tights or leggings.

Platinum Member
    Being a native of northwestern Minnesota, I have never let the weather get in the way. I honestly rather enjoy the cold and the favorite items in my wardrobe are limited to a few months a year in Houston. I'm seriously considering the move back north!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    kimdl93 - perhaps you forgot that that the Minnesota state bird is a mosquito

Ineke

ange_o (post #9) - I feel exactly the same way here in southern California. The highs practically every day this month have been 10 degrees Fahrenheit (or more) higher than normal, which doesn't bode well for Summer, when it's currently still Winter here.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ophelia,

Boots, leggings, coats, hats and jeans . . . the only way to fight the Canadian cold.

Hugs

Isha

Well, it had to happen...Niagara Falls has finally frozen over!

Last winter was considered the coldest on record, with more below zero f. days than ever recorded in Illinois. It took many months for the great lakes to melt. This winter nor much snow overall here, had some above normal temps for a few weeks, then the bitter cold again. -14 and wind last night. A gay friend i have known 32 yrs, in Seattle, is one person who will not own any hat, and won't wear one, even when its below freezing. He used to always say he was cold , too. I bought him a stocking hat, that matched his coat, but he would not wear it. I see many people out in this, with no hats! I get too cold to go without one, especially with a big bald spot. In summer, wigs get too hot! If i ever go out as Alice in this cold, i see the wig as helping with warmth. Then add a hat or scarf! The weather seems to be going in extreme cold, and extreme heat. I think the way humans treat each other, and animals, affecte the power that controls the weather, too.

I don't mind crossdressing during the winter (leggings or jeans), I've even ventured out in the past, but this year......enough snow already. Even today, with just 15 cm of fluffy stuff last night, the problem is the 35+kph winds now drifting the roads in making them impassible. I'm been watching a plow about 1km away work on an intersection and short section of road for over 30mins! Spring can't come soon enough.
    Some of my thoughts on crossdressing at http://themichelleinme.wordpress.com/
    A repository of Michelle photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/14176339@N04/

Aspiring Member
    I have the urge but then the cold wind hits and I just want to stay warm, just buying my time until the weather turns warmer. I could use a few hours to myself without the critter in the house. Once the weather get warmer he will go outside for a while and I can take my time getting reacquainted with my feminine side.

Banned Read only
    Since transitioning and going full time 35 years ago, I never let a little weather stop me. That is what they make pants for.