Thread: Home On The Range

Home On The Range

It has been a busy week!

(Everything I describe here was, of course, en femne except where I specifically mention being in male mode).

Valentine's Day my son and his GF decided it would be fun to spend the day out on the range. Since I had some of the tools they wanted they invited me along as well. This was kind of a milestone for me since it would be the first time I would be filling out the necessary permits, waivers, and disclaimers with my legal female name. We spent several hours out there, up in the Angeles mountains, and had a great time.

Sunday my spouse returned home from a Caribbean cruise she'd been on, I picked her up at the airport (in male mode) and we mostly veggied out.

Monday was President's Day here in the U.S. In the evening my spouse and I joined my son and his GF at a gastropub where he was performing. His GF, my spouse, and I shared a table and a few adult beverages as we enjoyed watching him work.

Tuesday morning was a couple's therapy session. The therapist had made an unusual request -- that I show up in male mode. I don't think she liked me as much as a guy, or at least couldn't seem to relate to me as well, and it was fun watching her stumble over my name as she half-heartedly tried "David" a couple of times, then fell into "David-Barbara" and then ended up calling me "Barbara-David." I think she'll be more comfortable with me back in girlmode next time.

In the evening I had a meeting of one of the women's groups that I'm a member of. This group is particularly fun because it consists of mostly young women in their 20's and 30's and only a few oldsters like myself so it sort of breaks me out of the "old lady" ghetto. One moment of particular fun was when we were discussing an event that the group was planning. Someone floated the idea that maybe we should allow husbands, SO's and other men to attend the event. Instantly several of the women shook their heads "No" and one of them was even more specific, with a wave of her hand that included all of us in the circle she said, "No, let's keep it just us, women only."

Wednesday evening was our regular weekly dinner with Eryn and Mimi. Oddly enough, I was in male mode.

Thursday was a really busy day! In the morning I had an appointment with my endocrinologist and after looking at my blood tests and doing a quick physical assessment she upped my Estradiol a bit.

Leaving her office my spouse and I made a quick journey west across our valley to join two other women at a Chinese restaurant to celebrate one woman's Birthday. The four of us are very close, once even spending a week together in a Palm Springs time-share condo, and there were lots of hugs, air kisses, chatter, and celebrating. I gave my friend a bracelet of fresh water pearls for her Birthday.

Then it was another quick trip, east this time, back across the valley to the laser center for a facial slash and burn. Don't ya just love the smell of burning hair in the afternoon? Zap-zap-eek!

In the evening my spouse and I went to our club for a few hours. We invited a young male friend to join us. There were a couple of performers whose acts we wanted to see. We all had a good time. Afterwards, at around 11 p.m., my spouse and I went to one of our late night hangouts for dinner.

Friday evening we were joined by my son and his GF for a special spiritual service that particularly honored the memory of a young woman who had written a great deal of modern Judaic music. It was very beautiful and especially poignant because members of the young woman's family, including her mother, were in attendance. After the service we enjoyed refreshments with some of our friends.

Saturday we were off to meet with our accountant to prepare our taxes. I was in male mode for this meeting but because of my name and gender change had to "come out" to him. He was fine with it, immediately updated my info on the forms and called me "Barbara" after that.

After the meeting I changed into more comfortable (femme) clothing and my spouse and I went off to an early evening movie -- Fifty Shades of Grey. Quite good, but not nearly as enjoyable as the book. Some things are best enjoyed in our own imaginations as they lose a bit on the screen. Still worth seeing.

Following the movie we went to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner, finishing around 10 p.m.

At about 10:17 p.m. I received a text from Eryn. They were on their own adventure, about 50 miles south of us, and were heading back through our area, would we like to get together for dessert?

Of course we would! So we sychronized our watches and met at 11 p.m. at Denny's. Sychronized indeed, we pulled up in front of the restaurant within 15 seconds of each other! If they had arrived moments before we would have been contending for the same parking space!

We caught up with each other over dessert, mostly raspberry and white chocolate pancake puppies, eventually heading our seperate ways a bit after midnight.

Can't wait to see what next week brings!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 02-22-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Busy... Busy... Busy!!! Sounds like a never stop week! Barb, what happened with your wife saying she didn't want you on HRT. Did it get settled out?

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    ...we would have been contending for the same parking space!...
    No we wouldn't. Mimi and I don't argue with people driving vehicles three times the size of ours! We would get squashed like a bug!

When you put all your activities together like that it sure seems like a whirlwind! We just pop into them now and then and that keeps us busy enough! Mimi and I are sorry that we missed joining you on the range but there were just too many things we had to do that day, and too little time!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I am all envious. My busy week consisted mostly of dealing with weather-related issues, like repairing pipes that broke when the temperature dropped below 0 F., and using a shovel to move white stuff that fell out of the sky.

Somewhere in the midst of all that, I managed to move my car from my brother's house in York, where it has been parked since November, to the repair shop (don't ask - it's too complicated) ; played a couple of big band and theater show rehearsals; and reviewed, signed and sealed a 60-sheet set of construction drawings for one of our clients.

Forgot to mention - Fifty Shades of Grey is neither a good film nor is it a good book. BDSM, as practiced by those "in the lifestyle" is always safe, sane, and CONSENSUAL!!!! Mr. Greys' behavior is abuse, and should not be glorified.
    Last edited by DorothyElizabeth; 02-22-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Wow, you certainly had a busy week!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like you had a great time.

Platinum Member
    You guys keep the candle burning! By 11 pm most nights, my wife, myself and our two dogs have been out for a couple hours!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow! What a week, Barbara!

And, all I did was go to Mardi Gras nite at Mary's!
    10922555_10203015970594334_6379402055445481811_n.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wonderful post about a good week

Barbara,
    An interesting post, and a feel good one at that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.