Thread: The heck with passing at work, how about a crummy hotel room!

Angry The heck with passing at work, how about a crummy hotel room!

So here I sit, a golden opportunity to dress and relax. New clothes, makeup, everything a girl could want. So after an hour or more prep time I looked in the mirror and tonight saw an over made up tart in desperate need of a shave. Sigh! After a quick clean up, back to the drawing board.

Anybody have a fun but pitiful story to share with us out there in cyber land. The learning curve is long and drawn out, good thing it is also fun.

Oh, yes, killer legs but sore feet from walking too much in Las Vegas so I also had to skip the gorgeous red heels that I brought in favor of cute, flat, boring but very femme sandals.

Emogene,
    It is a real downer when you get that "feeling", I assume in Las Vegas.

Now that's a real bummer.

You do need company to help, it is a 200 percent lift in confidence compared to being alone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The image quality of mirrors these days is not nearly as good as it used to be!

You saw an overly made up tart in the mirror? Sounds like a successful transformation to me.

Very funny, Suzie. I need to remember that one.

I can't count the number of times I've gotten my foundation, lipstick, blush and contouring perfect only to destroy the whole thing by blinking while applying eye liner. I finally started using clean (no makeup) liner and mascara brushes so I could learn to reduce the blink reflex. It's helping, but I'm not there yet. Not helped by the fact I'm blind without glasses, so have to use a magnifying mirror to see what I'm doing.

My other big problem was following YouTube eye makeup tutorials without understanding that I have "hooded eyes." All that work getting the lid colored and the crease blended only to have it all disappear when I opened my eyes. I'm ashamed to admit how long it took me to realize what was going on.

I have also been victim of mascara and eye liner mistakes.
    One thing me friend taught me was to start with you eyes. They are usually the hardest to perfect. So if you mess up, you haven't wasted as much time on your entire face. Ashley.

Jennie: Have you ever tried using tape for an instant (and temporary of course) facelift? If you use a wig, it can be done such that it is completely invisible and the effect can be amazing. Lifts the bow up and creates a much more feminine curved brow and it exposes the eye lid as well.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I can't tell you how many times I've used up what seemed to be thousands of dollars in cosmetics and hundreds of hours in attempts to please that person in the mirror. Then other times I throw something together and as I pass the mirror, there she is in all her glory. As long as I don't take photographs it all works out because the camera has much different taste than the mirror.

It's getting to the point that I do the best I can and head out anyway. Given what I have to begin with it's probably enough to pass the fifty yard test just to get some fresh air.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

This is a terrific topic.
    I've also spent thousands of dollars and hours trying to be happy how i appear in the mirror, but am always very critical.. Have been considering to pay a professional makeup artist to help.....
    Internet sites for makeovers are good...but not real!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Not sure if I've become lazy or just happy with my appearance, But I put very little make up on these days, often just lip stick. Funny thing is when I look in the mirror I see Me, that's Jane. When I was young, I could put all the make up in the world on and I still saw a bloke wearing make up. So I guess most of it is perception.

Enjoyed the comments, I was much uplifted by a video on youtube last night. Basically said that as people age, their faces, both male and female become more similar. It also noted that older women wear less makeup after about 35-40 years of age. Being in my late 60's I guess I shouldn't try so hard just enjoy myself for who I am. I'll just settle for being the classy old broad down the street.

If you have access to a professional make-up artist, I suggest giving that a try. My make-up artist, Janna does a fantastic transformation with tape. I feel as if I'm twenty years younger after being made up by her. Its like being Joan Rivers without the expensive surgery. There is a photo of me after being made up under the post "a delicious embarrassing moment". I hope that you'll feel that it was money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    Jennie: Have you ever tried using tape for an instant (and temporary of course) facelift? If you use a wig, it can be done such that it is completely invisible and the effect can be amazing. Lifts the bow up and creates a much more feminine curved brow and it exposes the eye lid as well.
    Yes this works, I'm a firm believer in it really opens your eyes but you better like to wear bangs. With make up less is more seems to work the best. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!