Thread: Amazing day toward acceptance!

Amazing day toward acceptance!

WOW could not believe my ears.....

I was at work and my wife went to an Oscars Night party alone. Now my wife knows about Cassie but no longer participates...barely tolerates. She does not not like talking about my hobby or need to dress. i only dress at home when she is out now out of respect for her issues. By the way....she NEVER wears/owns dresses until very recently as she has lost a lot of weight.

Anyway....she calls me from the party and whispers..."im wearing one of your dresses!....its a bit weird" I was so happy she had the courage to do that and talk a bit. I said yes perhaps weird but i have good taste in clothes then, right?

She described which dress (a long gown actually)...I love that dress. I did briefly get to see her on my drive home...she looked radiant! Now i'm wondering if we should have a "Who wore it best" pic done like in the fashion mags! I hope this leads to more discussions and acceptance.

By the way, I have always wanted to go to this annual party dressed as Cassie......i could pull off glam gal on the red carpet and the best costume contest is always a good excuse for cders!
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

fantastic, you must feel so good, so relieved, things can perhaps change now for the better!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Congratulations, cassie, on this wonderful breakthrough with your wife, but "Who Wore It Best" pics comparing how the two of you look in the same dress???

Seriously??? Pink fog, much, or do you just have a death wish?

I'm sure that that most forum members here would agree with me when I say count your blessings, and don't push the envelope too much at this point unless you want to experience an explosion of epic proportions that will drive you back into the closet so far that you will be lucky to ever see daylight again.

This falls under the category of "Does this make my butt look too big?", and it is the wise (and experienced) man knows exactly how to respond...as In "No, not at all, you look great!".. all the while praying that his nose doesn't grow while uttering those soothing, marriage-preserving words.

I would be over the moon to hear a comment like that.

A word of advice, don't push the issue and be patient, something else may develop.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    I have to agree with Leslie and Beverly on this one, Cassie. You are playing with fire! It might be fun in your mind but I wouldn't risk the consequences on this one. Let her come to you on this one. P.....A.....T.....I.....E.....N.....C.....E.....! Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post

Seriously??? Pink fog, much, or do you just have a death wish?

<snipped>

This falls under the category of "Does this make my butt look too big?", and it is the wise (and experienced) man knows exactly how to respond...as In "No, not at all, you look great!".. all the while praying that his nose doesn't grow while uttering those soothing, marriage-preserving words.
    And all this time, I thought the correct answer was: "No, it's your fat that makes your butt look big." This explains a lot of past experiences.

RD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Enjoy the comment, but don't overreact to it by pushing her limits and bringing it up for discussion. Best to keep it in the 'barely tolerates' column for now.
    DonnaT

Give your So time and let her open up to you don't push or the door will close. Take care...

A positive step in the right direction Gurl! just know when to stop and let sleeping dogs lie!
    They will wake to the reality one day GF!!!
    and then you can barrow her dresses, LOL!!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Silver Member
    Don't ever compete with your wife for best in a dress. Resentment grows fast if you win.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Cassie,

I am with Leslie on this one. Your wife has thrown out a bit of an olive branch to you so build on that . . . don't rush to the finish line just yet but creep down the track and open some dialogue. Perhaps you could bring the subject up about her wearing one of your dresses and see where the dialogue goes. But please, don't mention the "who wore it best" to her (unless you know her sense of humor will get it) as this could just put you and your dress even deeper in the closet IMHO.

However, overall an encouraging sign.

Hugs

Isha

Baby steps Cassie. Very encouraging but walk don't run, let her set the pace. As far as who looks best in the dress, she does. I will never look better than my wife in a dress. She is just too awesome to compete with.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Cassie, I recently bought smaller forms as the only issue my fiancee had with me dressing was the size of my chest, she disliked it being bigger than hers. I did not feel there was a competition, but she did. So, I would not create a competition where doesn't need to be one.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cassie, Competition with your wife doesn't usually end well in this program.
    See line #3 in my signature.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. Yes, I do know the who wore it best comment is playing with fire. I was KIDDING! making a joke....I do not have a death wish!
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]