Thread: Where is your husband?

Where is your husband?

When I am not doing a long run or bike ride, I go to a water aerobics class with my wife. As usual, the GGs out number the boys by at least 4 to 1. This past Saturday my wife did not attend. There were about eight of us, and I was the only male when the class started. I am OK with it being just "us girls."

Without my glasses or Rx swim goggles, I don't see well. The instructor asked "Where is your husband?" WHAT?! Did she really ask "where is MY HUSBAND?" Was she talking to me?! Did I imagine that? How does she know? Was it just a Freudian slip? Could she have been talking to one of the GGs? Nothing in the following dialog indicated to me that she was talking to one of the GGs, but to me. Oh my!

For the rest of the day, her question was on my mind. While I was making the bed, washing the dishes, and buying groceries, I could not help giggling to myself about it. I was in a happy place.

In my teens and 20s, my male friends would tease me by saying "when you grow up, you are going to make someone a good wife." It appears they may have been right.
    Stephi Spring

Very interesting!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Ever since I can remember I've had that "good wife" comment directed to me and still to this day I get it occasionally. Why is it such a crime for a man to be a good house keeper? I'm single and a clean person, although I do have all the clothes to be a wife.

I would revel in the comment until your dream is shattered.

See what happens next week when you are with your wife.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.