Thread: "Is He Your Husband?"

"Is He Your Husband?"

My best guy buddy and I were doing some work today. Had to drop some stuff at a storage site. I was totaly drab, wearing a dark maroon polo shirt and beige Dockers, hair pulled back in a low pony tail.

Approaching the gate on the way out there was a woman and her husband heading toward the gate in their pickup truck. I walked over to the box and entered my code but my buddy couldn't get his truck around their pickup. I walked through, they drove their truck in and my buddy pulled ours out.

I had to stop in the offfice and the woman happed to be behind me. With a nod toward our truck she said, "Is he your husband?"

Surprised, I said, "No, my friend."

"He's kind of impatient," she said.

Rather than point out that they were the ones who had been in the wrong, I kinda laughed and said, "Yeah, he's kinda ADHD."

"Good luck with that," she said and gave me a woman-to-woman smile.

"Thanks," I said as I smiled back and headed into the office.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Had similar things happen, but usually from the back; when I turn around and face them, they pretty much realize they got it at least half wrong.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Aspiring Member
    Had something similar happen to me while on vacation, riding an ATV. I was 16 at that time, and I had always been wearing skinny jeans and a knit cap covering my eyebrows due to the cold, windy Korean autumn. My down jacket did me no favors whatsoever.

Round 1. Roughly translated from Mandarin.
    Receptionist (to my father): "Your daughter's probably too small to ride this model."
    Me: "I'll have to agree with you on that. I'm not even 166cm."
    Receptionist: "Go ahead, uh, young man."

Round 2.
    Photographer: "Step back a bit and remove your scarf, beautiful girl."
    Tour guide riding slightly ahead translates the above into Mandarin.
    Me: *removes scarf and tries not to die of laughter*

Barbara,
    From your remarks, I see gradual change every day.

Yes you do have to use what I call the "Judas Escariot" principle now and then.

Just laugh off the others disability to integrate now and then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well, haven't u become a fem lady? So cool!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!