Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arithmetic 101, what does Dressing cost you per week?

Banned Read only

Question Arithmetic 101, what does Dressing cost you per week?

I just went through one of those sessions at the bank where you list all of your expenses.
    I did not mention my crossdressing costs. I don't really know them, aside from trying to keep them down wherever possible. I don't dress a lot. It is probably five to ten dollars a week.
    I am going to try to keep a tally this year.
    So what does it cost you sisters per week, per month, last year?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Right now I couldn't come up with the records but I know I spend regularly at thrift stores, for replacement make up and saving for a trip to Las Vegas next month. That trip will wipe my budget out for quite a while, but that's why I save. I don't eat out often and rarely stop for coffee at a coffee shop, so that money is diverted to my closet, maybe $20 - $30 a week. The biggest cost for me is time.

I spend a lot of time in crossdressing related activities and thoughts that might be applied elsewhere. For instance, once I'm dressed at home it's unlikely that I'll clean the basement because I want to be able to respond should I have an unexpected visitor and being in the basement prevents that. Being out of the closet to those visitors may be the answer to that, but in the meantime I wander about thinking about what will better match my new skirt than getting control over the clutter in my basement.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Being a bit of a nurd I keep a record of what I buy partly as a way of keeping it under control.

2012 - £280 Briefs/slip, wigs x 2. MakeUp. 2x handbags. Coat, Scarf, belt, Shoes
    2013 - £450 buying 2 coats, Skirts x2, Jewelry, 5 x False Nails, 4 dresses, Handbag, Forms, Makeup, 2 wigs, Black Ankle boots, plus a few bits and bobs
    2104 - £45 3 x dresses + 1 top

this year so far £40. 2 skirts + jewelry

I do lust after all the lovely clothing out there but in addition to keeping a spending record I keep an inventory of all my stuff and with even my, by some standards here, limited wardrobe I can see I have too much to choose from already. But hey you do need to keep pace with the fashion.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 02-26-2015 at 01:17 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Wig: $100. Panties and nylons: $120. Dresses and makeup: $300. Feeling pretty, feminine and complete: priceless.

erm, having opened pandora's box since christmas we are too scared to open the latest credit card statement. ;-)
    i am sure it will settle down in time.

$ 2500 US in 6 weeks, but i think that's the wardrobe sorted for now ... "she says"!

was that the pink fog everyone talks about?
    Last edited by pamela7; 02-26-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: real numbers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

A year is easiest for me too figure, and that's probably close to 1200 ..... YIKES!

My last four months,
    Cardigan in Chicago, $14.
    Wigs in Hollywood, 2 for $35
    Jeans in Seattle, $12
    Bras in NY, $15
    Assorted underwear in Boston $23.
    Light Blouse in New Orleans $9.
    Tights in Montreal, $8.
    Leggings in Berlin, €25.
    Inflatable bras in London £42
    They were a special purchase I had wanted to get.
    New Boots in Edinburgh £25
    Bathers in Singapore, SGD$30
    Well about US$350
    Normally I spend about ten dollars a week on my dressing and makeup escapades.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    What ever it is it's a cheap price for the pleasure it brings and worth every dollar. Compare this to the cost of a boat, fishing, hunting, new truck or sports car. None of the afore mentioned bring the pleasure of getting dressed in a new outfit!!!!

How can you really put a price on feeling good?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    less than therapy or recreational drugs

per week is usually 0 but maybe per month is 50-80 Euro on splurges on amazon. i actually spend less on drab clothes which i wear daily but thats usually down to not liking the styles they have these days. I mostly wear Tee's with logos or stuff on them and jeans, ironically I could just do that en femme
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Minimum, $100 per week.

Last year I started to make note of all my fem expenses. About September, I lost track. It's far less than what I spent on my other hobby, cars.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    How can you really put a price on feeling good?
    Well the truth is that thinks cost money. I am curious what other sisters are spending and where I fall in the mix.
    Of course each of us think it's worth the dollars.

Platinum Member
    Maybe $200 per month, but that is an average.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Being early in career I've spent about $400 This month, but that's more of a start up cost than anything. No way I can keep that up! But I feel I have the basics covered bras, panties, nylons a couple pair of shoes and 2 dresses. Hope fully I can keep the cost down, I just see things and think how pretty they are and would be on me.

I have most of my wardrobe so maintenance costs usually just hover around $25 per month for makeup, etc.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Why do guys always have to have expensive hobbies??
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

Platinum Member
    Hi Ophelia, I have really cut back maybe an occasional top or a pair of heels from PayLess,
    I know that my collection has to have pa$$ed the five figure mark.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Khora View Post
    Why do guys always have to have expensive hobbies??
    You mean compared to Drinkin' & Chasin'?

Anyway, so far for December, January and February: ~ $350

That's probably representative, but there is a lot of fluctuation. I have all of my records for the last 8-10 years, but no motivation to go through them all...

DeeAnn

I mean from buying car parts for my Mustang, buying some new piece of A/V equipment for my home theater or buying those strappy heels that I just HAVE to have...and of course if you buy heels you'll need to get a new outfit to go with them.
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

Banned Read only
    Same Thing, Only Different...

I drive a 2009 fJCW MINI Clubman. I've owned it since new. I haven't done much to it, but so far it has a quick shift kit, a MINI-Do-More receiver hitch and handmade shift knob and E-Brake handle of Claro Walnut. In another week or 2 it'll have new brakes, including performance RedStuff pads by EBC. In the near future I'd like to add a Strut Brace, a titanium heat shield to help protect the non-functioning hood scoop trim (MINI's like to fry those) and a new set of wheels.

There's a motorsports book or 2 that I would like to add to my collection, as well as a new DVD about BMW's history in various touring car series called ADRENALINE. And, there's always room for another collectable die cast.

And, before you know it, the 6-Hour weekend at The Glen will be upon us at the end of June. A full weekend ticket is ~ $90.

Actually, what I should be doing is buying a helmet and schedule a track day or 2...

DeeAnn
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 02-26-2015 at 11:43 PM.

I think $10 or $20 a week

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I dont think its that much per week...it depends on where you are at, and your level I guess, if you have a wardrobe, and full makeup kit..it isnt much to maintain ...if you obsess over shoes and pantys though....i guess you could drop some serious coin.....its like any other hobby i guess ..and i use that word lightly.....but you can ball on a budget if you are a smart shopper.

The monetary cost is nothing compared to the cost effected in terms of wasted time, relationship with your wife and the fact that it detracts from your spiritual growth.