Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arithmetic 101, what does Dressing cost you per week?

Junior Member Nolwenn Elizabeth's Avatar

Angry I'd have to do "math" to figure it out per week!

As you all may know,
    math
    is not something I'm going to engage in. Only bad things come from it. I happen to know exactly what I spent this year because I just bought supplies for the 1st time in a few years. $220.00 That's 2 wigs, a corset, breast forms and a bra. And shipping. I can't afford anything else now for a while, though I saw a really nice dress but it wasn't in my size. It had a tight skirt and sort of a halter top. I want to get a nice slinky, comfy skirt and blouse combo. Well, I like open back so I can feel the wig. I love soft things against my body. Previously, I could only afford wigs and one outfit. I really just like to lay around the house dressed in a dress or skirt. I don't ever leave and go out. Just not my thing.

Dawnie
    Une femme cachée ?* l'intérieur de moi

(the hidden woman inside of me)

Between $100 and $200 a month for me, most of the time, but doubled because I've found that shopping with (and for) my darling wife goes a loooooong way toward acceptance and domestic harmony. All attention on clothes and accessories for Jackie, not so good. Equal time and attention on her looking good, now that's truly priceless.

Hmmmm... I don't have many other major expenditure hobbies, but...

Less than I spend on golf...

Less than I spend on

Less than I spend on just keeping my car on the road with tax and insurance...

Events can probably get expensive with event costs, hotel bills, travel, etc. but they are so much fun too...

Makeup need not be expensive, but wigs can be, a few new gowns too... it really all depends on what you're doing it for..???

Easily less than $1000 a year, and that includes events... so much less last year (only one outing) - probably half that.

But isn't it really what you do it for and whether you can afford not to do it..???

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta