Thread: A couple more steps

A couple more steps

Today, after church, I had a nice chat with our associate pastor. I've known this lady since 1980, and she and my wife were good friends. I told her about being trans and being on hrt. We chatted a while, she said she was happy for me and glad that I trusted her enough to tell her.

Then, I went up to visit my son, and take a guitar to my grandson. I took the family out to lunch, then talked to my son. He had an inkling of what was going on with me, but not really sure. After I explained everything, he said that I'll still always be his dad and that he loved me. Since he is my son, he inherited my strange sense of humor, we had to make a few jokes about it. We hugged, said our "I love you's", and I left. It has been a fantastic day.

18 month hrt checkup tomorrow morning, then a session with my therapist. Then... back to the reality of earning a living. Eeeeeewwwww.

Hugs (from a very happy),

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Such a wonderful day! Sure our lives are difficult. However, there are many sweet moments when we find acceptance and love from others.
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 03-02-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Thats great news Leah. Glad to hear everything is going good.
    Ashley

That's wonderful, shows how loving you have always been for them, that they now reflect that same love in their world.
    So I'm guessing your going to be dad to your son, and grandma to your grand child, I think with the love you give out, that is very easily achieved

The earning a living bit is a bummer - I know how you feel on that point, one day I'll buy a lotto ticket, and maybe win enough to retire
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Leah, sweet moments like these are the essence of living a good life. Savor these moments, but then store the memories of today away and so you can bring them back when you need encouragement on a bad day.

I love these moments in our lives. Thank you for sharing!

Karen

Wonderful day Leah, so happy for you.
    HiHo HiHo it's off to work we go. hehe
    Hugs

So happy for you Leah! It is great to hear when things go well. Thanks for the upbeat post.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Wonderful post to read!

I'm still dealing with my denial, and two of the things that haunted me, you have written about.

I felt that God had left me, it was my best friend (an ex-girlfriend) who helped me cope with that pain, she is extremely religious. The other, is coming out to my family, which I am yet to do.

These are obviously two important subjects that many of us worry about, so your good news brings hope! :-)

You are all so wonderful. So, today; Endo, all numbers are exactly where the good doctor wants them! Staying on the same regimen. Had a wonderful session with the therapist. She is super nice. Sitting and talking to her is so easy, like being with that special friend that you can share everything with. Just two girls talking. At the end of the session (well, hate to call it that), she entered into my VA records that I should be referred to as Leah by all medical staff from now on. And another step closer! When I left the building, I must have danced all the way to my car.

Then I called the dispatcher, and there were no more loads for today. Another night at home being me. I did stop and buy some more sports bras for driving. The girls can really get to hurting bouncing around in a truck.

All in all, a great day!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.