Thread: a strange day?

a strange day?

1. I've been more or less dressed en-femme for a few weeks now, excepting trips out and manual labour around the home. Today welshgirl, my SO, told me she does not even notice the clothing any more, it's "just me", meaning it's now normal - woohoo!

2. I walked into town for a coffee with a lady friend, and passed a group of men (I was only underdressed, so nothing showing), and one man gave me a really hostile disliking look - totally unusual. However, on the way back, I passed 3 single ladies, all of whom looked me in the eye and smiled really nicely, like was never done before. Have I just joined "the ladies club"?

I'm bemused, wondering if this means home+world is ready for me to step out fully en-femme?

A warm inner smile glows.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Good for you Pamela! I've noticed when I spend extensive periods en femme that my drab look becomes much softer, bordering on androgynous other than clothing. Maybe it's the skin lotions, shaving constantly, eyebrows, well manicured nails, mannerisms, etc. But perhaps you left a tell and didn't notice??? Nail polish, earrings, mascara or eyeliner not completely removed? Accidentally slipped on your flats instead of guy shoes? If you're NOT ready to step out fully in femme, check the mirror before heading out the door!

Pamela:

Remember, guys can be A__ Hol_s to anyone for any reason. Don't let them get you down. As you become more femme/woman-like, you will gain the power to crush them by ignoring them.

If you've been en femme for a few weeks, then even dressed as a guy you probably exuded girl attitude and really threw that guy off his game.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

not really related to the topic, but let me just say, from what I've read here, you're pretty lucky to have welshgirl as your SO. She's got a great attitude!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    next you get to learn the female code words and secret handshake/hugs, then you're in the club... one of them.

My So says she really doesn't notice that much any more either. Unless it's ****ty or a fashion faux then she notices lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

thats the thing JamieLynn, though, no make-up in weeks, nails a little longer but normal, short even, and eyebrows better formed but nothing unusual.
    Rhonda's "girl attitude" feels most likely.
    Audrey, thanks, I really do have the best of SO's in my world.
    Megan: it's a LONG way downstream to get all that code!
    Joanne: yep, faux pas and i'll know soon enough!

:-)
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

Welshgirl is amazing.

As for the looks from the people you passed, interesting. I would've said the same as jamielynnn_ca and thought there was a little tell that you missed. Mine is usually trying to take off all the eye makeup usually leaves my eyes a bit red and face looking pale and if you look close, not all of the mascara ever fully comes off. But you said you haven't worn makeup in weeks. Well, THAT theory is out the window!

So interesting. Maybe, you are more approachable to women as a friend than before. Maybe you exude an "understanding" of their fashion plight. It might sound like I'm reaching a bit but women at work have started clothing discussions that I would consider part of "The Ladies Club." For example, nylon and tight brands that are most comfortable, show brands that are true to size and more comfortable, make up brands performance and all. Weird... I don't start the conversations.

-E

ADDED LATER:
    Could it be that your interpretation of the looks from the people you passed was actually an accidental letting you into their day? Just curious, the man could have been having a bad day while the women were have a very good one.
    Last edited by Erika Lyne; 03-02-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

yes Erika, if you believe in coincidence ... to quote a Gotham Police Commissioner ... "you're a detective now, you're not allowed to believe in coincidence"

PS, finally, make-up day has arrived, and am loving it, fully dressed, made-up and feeling "it". This gal aint going nowhere but playing at home - cooking the ingredients of a giant steak and mushroom pie, having marinaded the steak for 24 hours first in port and other wonders.
    Last edited by pamela7; 03-03-2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: PS