Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Stupid little story" but had to post

Wink "Stupid little story" but had to post

I've only been crossdressing for - hmmmm, around 35 years(ish) and finally, tonight, I went out for a short drive.

Nothing much in the great scheme of things, and many of you go out and socialize etc,
    But for me, stepping foot out side the front door - Woah!
    The clocks change soon, I may be tempted to do it again!

Sometimes you have to start small to realize the world won't stop because of what you are doing. Maybe you'll end up taking it further when you get comfortable leaving the house dressed. I'm glad you got to go out and it sounds like you had fun doing it.

What Allaryce said. It's not a stupid story. One short drive for Andrea, one giant leap for CDkind, or something.
    The moral of the story is you got out.

I started out going for a drive, then stop buy gas at the pump, next go in but anything. Small steps, before you know you’re out there. One of the hardest for me was standing in line at a checkout. The more you go out, the more you will want to, and you will become more at ease with it. You’re in SoCal? Come to join us in Vegas in Three weeks. It will be my first time there. I go out a lot into the vanilla world. It’s really not that bad.

congratulations, se the world did not end.
    now that you let the Jennie out of the bottle have fun, just be careful

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Now you've done it Andrea it's all over, pretty soon you will put on your best look and head to the mall shopping but that's ok shopping is a girls best friend right?

Well done Andrea thanks for sharing

Yes, I had fun, even got out a couple of times! The local post office to pick up a few envelopes and a largish strip mall
    I'm already planning a little shopping trip tomorrow for my next night time drive!
    (Note to self, 3" heels are not that bad to drive in, but something a little more sensible next time!)

Congrats! And remember, everyone has a different journey. An occasional drive might be just enough. Or it might lead to more. It's all up to you - not about what other people have done.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

I was there two years ago. My first drive. Only below the waist at first. Then fully clothed with wig but no makeup (but still had the moustache ACK!!! ). Sooo worried the cops were going to pull me over. I still remember seeing a "Stupid Police Chase" video from 10 years ago where the person was finally caught and was a crossdresser . They made a big mocking deal of course....... Suffice to say I lived and no cop pulled me over. While I'm only to the point of going out twice so far to safe environments, I applaud you on pushing your envelope!!!!

Central Cali here. Represent!

Platinum Member
    We all start somewhere. Congratulations on your first!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I thought I felt a shift in the CDing force, another one set free. The world did not end, the sun will shine again(soon I hope)and who knows going out may just become routine for you and shopping is too much fun in femme.

Andrea, start dark and work your way towards daylight.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by justmetoo View Post
    One short drive for Andrea, one giant leap for CDkind.
    "what she said."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow, Andrea! 35 years? Aren't u the patient dresser! (Said the CD who dressed alone in a complete vacuum for 10 years!)

U have to be more careful when the clocks change. I do anyway. That means pulling out of the driveway for evening events while it's still lite and the neighbors can see Sherry driving my car!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Congtrats Andrea, it is fun ! I hadn't done it for a while and I was stupid enough to wear my 4" boots, it really felt as if someone had messed with the pedals ! I'm glad it's automatic ! The problem I have is the panic attack I have when I start thinking " What if ? "

What? No crowd with torches and pitchforks waiting when you got home?

Well done you. It's how so many have begun their journey into the wider world inc me. Don't rush, take small steps and let your confidence and experience grow. Many trips, small pushed on the boundaries. That way you'll avoid getting into situations where you feel threatened.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Congratulations on your first ride it does take some courage and then it becomes easier. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Yay! By the power not vested in me I officially declare today to be Andrea Day here on cd.com. Congratulations! Hugs, Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCalifCD View Post
    I've only been crossdressing for - hmmmm, around 35 years(ish) and finally, tonight, I went out for a short drive.

Nothing much in the great scheme of things, and many of you go out and socialize etc,
    But for me, stepping foot out side the front door - Woah!
    The clocks change soon, I may be tempted to do it again!

Only 35 years?? A Newbie huh? LOL....
    Don't feel your first venture was "nothing much". That first time out the door can be a "Freddy Kruger" moment for any of us. That's how it began for me. One step out, a short drive, a longer drive...and so on.
    Even Neil Armstrong began with "One small step"....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    It took me thirty-eight years to realize what I was missing. Then I realized the only thing holding me back was my enemy inside me, fear. Glad to hear your world got a little bit bigger!
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Indeed Andrea, as Doc said you have been the patient one! So you've taken a deep breath of that good air and the world did not end .. I'll bet it's just beginning!

Hugs, Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    And the fun begins! Andrea, I bet you can't wait to do it again? Next time, maybe a walk through the mall.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am sorry that happened to you Andrea! I am afraid there is nothing any of us can do to save you now

Have fun
    Suzie