Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you score in my Femininity Test?

In my dreams - 10
    In reality - 0
    How much fun do I have faking it? - 11
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    1) So women with acne are not feminine? What about scars?
    2) Women are weak? I've never been dressed in public where someone wanted to test my strength. Next time I get challenged to a push up contest, I know what to do.
    3) As compared to what? A man? A body builder? a giraffe?
    4) So if I shave my chest I'm more feminine than if I don't even if my chest is covered to any onlooker? Does shaving even count?
    5) Yep, women have natural breasts thanks for the 411
    6) Well, women don't have any "equipment" so I guess by this criteria no woman is feminine. Bummer.
    7) More 411, not sure where you get that.
    8) My wife prefers my company, I guess she is not feminine.
    9) No lesbian is feminine. Interesting take.
    10) Women do and cross dressers don't. I think you grossly overrate yourself on this point. The general public prefers to say nothing even when they notice something. It's called being civil.
    Jennifer wins.
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

Hi Lucy, 1,2,3,4,7, and 8 for a total of 6 for me. Haven't taken the cogiati test in a long time, but I beleive some of your questions are similar to that test.
    IMHO, we are all on here to fit in with like minded people tho we all have our differences. The last thing I want is to hurt someone's feelings. If I don't care for a particular thread, I just won't post on it. I realize everyone has their own opinions, but sometimes maybe they should just bite their tongue, I would if I thought my response would hurt someone who meant no harm. I don't think you meant any harm or disrespect to anyone female or male. This is just my opinion, I'm sure there are some who will disagree with it.
    Tina
    Last edited by Tina955; 03-09-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Heels and dresses locked away and boots and jeans back on a big fat zero

The problem with the word Femininity is how it is perceived. To a woman it is the essence of your femaleness an inner force that has nothing to do with wearing skirts or upper body strength.
    To a man it seems to mean how much you look and act like a woman.

The reason this is offensive and not just a lighthearted quiz, is because it perpetuates the issues faced by women from men. Would you like to see how crushing this would be if read by a woman that fails at most of those so called attributes? Women fail to match up all the time, Mens magazine say how a woman should be, pretty, young, slim etc etc. Now add trans-women into that group and it's even harder.
    Basically you are saying if you don't look like this, or act like that you are not a woman.
    The irony of this is only a mans mind would come up with these questions, and yet bizarelly seeks femininity in themselves? That's one very confused person!

In theory as a man that expresses femininity you should be the bridging gap between the two sex's, and one would think you would have better understanding. Instead you help widen that gap and stereotype how a woman should be, more so than most non-trans men ever would.

The answer to the questions for you is 0, you have no femininity at all, you are so far from understanding what it is to be a woman as anyone could be. Wear dresses, put on make-up and maybe pass but that brain of yours is as masculine as it gets.

Can we lighten up here. Lucy seems to have brought down the collective wrath of a certain segment of the membership. Becky - who are you to judge Lucy's concept of femininity? Is yours better, or just different? And, I'd just like to say that womens. magazines (whatever they might be) also suggest that a woman should be, pretty, young, slim etc etc.. Pot? Kettle?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I scored a zero on the test myself but agree that the criteria listed are s o m e of the things that would define fem for me for sure. However, like others here I find my femininity comes from within a lot. For example, I longed to be the girl who could have soft frilly colorful fashion to wear, to have some one to lovingly brush my hair paint my nails and be intimate or get to be holding hands, hugging, giggling, etc. I find well manacured hands and feet fem too. I think you get my point. While I wasn't offended by you test questions I've certainly wished I was more like that physically yet am ok because I found for me accepting my femininity No matter how it manifested itself was best for me.

Amanda
    Last edited by cdtraveler; 03-09-2015 at 08:35 AM.

One of the problems with many of the items on the list is they are used for body shaming purposes of both men and women. Women who have stronger physical features are made to feel less feminine or womanly, or who have stronger or independent personalities are bossy, bitchy or man haters. (Yes, magazines and other media often perpetuate this which in turn can influence some individuals, but it does not make it a good thing) Men who are smaller in stature ("equipment" included), lacking in much body or facial hair or do not have stronger or assertive personalities are made to feel less masculine or manly. I fell into the later and it was brutal at times especially during my teenage years though quite advantageous for me now. I know women who fall into the former category and it can be quite brutal for them as well and damaging to the psyche of girls maturing into women. Being light-hearted or fun about it does not diminish the issue or make it easier for those struggling with it. It can be difficult for those who have/had the privilege of fitting into the norms to see, understand or empathize, as is it is with almost any kind of privilege.

A question that comes up on this forum from time to time is how to get society to change and better accept cross dressers or those falling outside of the norms of gender appearance. One way is as a society is to move away from the confines of expected gender roles, appearances and behaviors (gender socialization) as a measure of femininity or masculinity or as partial definitions what makes a man or a woman. This does not mean there are not differences as a group in appearances and behaviors, but it means lets move away from using those differences as absolute measures of femininity or masculinity which in turn may affect self worth or acceptance in some.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 03-10-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Ms. Foley unlurks just long enough to say "I really hope this 'Test' was intended as a joke." Looks around, realizes that's evidently not the case, prays that no cisgender woman reads this thread, and goes back into hiding...

(P.S.: Hi to all of you who were on this site back in the prehistoric era!)
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

I'm sorry, but my femininity goes to 11.

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    I think i'm about a .5. I also don't think attraction to men belongs on this "ranking system". It's no more an attribute for CDs than any other part of society. I guess I have some work to do on my femininity though

Silver Member
    The attracted to men and/or women trait is a person's sexual preference.

If I agreed that these are traits of femininity (which I don't), most can be attained with clothing, makeup and some padding.

So as I sit here I get a zero, when dressed it depends on the day, the lighting and the view of the critic.

I think if Lucy worded it something like,

What female physical features do you naturally possess and left off ones that aren't, all here would be peaceful.
    I naturally don't have any of them.

2, 7, 8 so I scored a 3 lol