Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First lipstick?

I don't remember my first-first,,, but I do remember my first one I called my favorite. Avon's pink paparazzi. It's since been discontinued. Lesson learned, don't get attached to any one color!
    Funny irony, I used to be a video journalist for a lagit news organization. But my in-laws said I as the paparazzi

Red Wine is my favorite...

I first used my mother's bright red lipstick when I was very young, probably around 10. I remember watching myself in the mirror and trying to copy how I saw girls apply the lipstick especially trying to get that top of the heart shape on my upper lip. Of course it ended up an unholy mess but the thrill of putting on the lipstick has stayed with me. The other memory was hurriedly trying to remove the lipstick and nearly scrubbing away my lips with a rough wash cloth. With very sore lips, I then faced the next crisis of trying to remove the lipstick stain evidence from the wash cloth. I think the memory stays with me more because of the terror being caught - the innocence of it all at that age!

My Moms around 11 or 12. I would sneak it into the bathroom. She was a red shade woman. Very sexy feeling.. Never even thought about it until 4-5 months ago when I found some of my exes and just put it on.. All those sexy girlie feeling came rushing out.. :-) I am going to try and find some of the natural color to wear every day.. That's a great idea..

I was 11 the first time I tried my mom's lipstick. It was a magical experience that I remember to this very day. For the first time in my life, I felt the need to be as feminine as she was. I .was wearing her nightgown , panties and nylons. The lipstick and face powder, with there sensual fragrance, made the desire to be feminine even more intense.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraB View Post
    I think the memory stays with me more because of the terror being caught - the innocence of it all at that age!
    Good lord, Sandra... I can so relate!!! Back in my adolescence, it was such an insane mixture of inner fulfillment and fear.
    So wishing I could somehow have a talk with that kid I once was, telling him it's all ok.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Banned Read only
    One afternoon, during my teens and alone in the house, I noticed a lipstick mom had used and not put back. The lid had not been replaced, so the lipstick itself was begging to be worn!

It was a creamy brown/red and made by Jafra.

I must have been about 12 the first time I tried lipstick and eye make up, I think I looked like a circus clown lol, but like most girls I think practice made perfect, I do remember loving the feeling on my lips and almost feeling like I was a big girl now, it's strange how you remember things.

It was so long ago, that I don't remember the name. But, it was my moms, and what I do remember was it was a true red and the taste, smell, and feel were out of this world.
    Hugs,

Teddie

When I was growing up, we had a school play every year, really a musical revue, and the boys had to wear lipstick and rouge because of the stage lighting. All the girls snickered watching the boys' moms applying it. For me, this started in the second grade, and it didn't take me long to realize I enjoyed it.

This was an annual thing all through grade school, and it led to me trying a little on at home at other times.

Can't remember the first shade I ever used, but these days it is the bright pinks and orangish-coral colors that I prefer. Avon Hot Coral is a favorite for sure and regardless of the color preference of the time, lipstick is a daily routine; one of the first things I do every morning is pick the shade of choice and begin the day.

Maybe lipstick should be a test of whether you are feminine or not. It's such a silly thing to be thrilled about, but it certainly does do that, if you're inclined. LOL

My favorite color is a deep deep red. The feeling you get and the way it looks on you.....so trampy! The only thing I have not experienced is a kiss with it on. Oh well

deepest and brightest red possible, to match nails the same!!!! a few weeks ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Robyn I remember my moms lipstick and a big round dresser mirror, as she sat on that cushioned seat and in her frilly hat would fix her lipstick, a bright red. I remember her as she called it right after applying the second coat of lipstick she would bite a white napkin or piece of towel to take the shine off I suppose. She would throw the tissue into the trash can beside the vanity. I would sneak back back in there and save her lip print. It was exciting to watch her as I would stand just outside her door and watch her fix her makeup. She even called me over once and put her red lipstick on me and said now run and play as she finished getting dressed. I was so hooked that later about 11 or 12 I started playing in her old used tubes that she discarded. I saved them when she would finish and I would always get enough to get my lips painted. In my teen years I had to sneak around to wear the lipstick but that first time when I was very young maybe four or five and she applied it to my lips I knew I was hooked and loved lipstick. It was also back then very hard to get it removed or maybe we just didn't have the soaps we do do today.

Mom's Frosted Pink Ice by Maybelline

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Black View Post
    It's such a silly thing to be thrilled about, but it certainly does do that, if you're inclined.
    Understanding what you mean, Barbara... But not so sure I'd call it a silly thing. For me, putting on lipstick after becoming otherwise completely adorned is a rather cathartic venture, my final pathway to feeling completely feminine.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

I was 11 years old...and discovered my moms lipstick in the bathroom and it intrigued me immediately , I did lock the bathroom door and put it on, I remember being extremely excited and nervous at the same time. I loved it the first moment I put it on, I can't describe in words how happy I was. As young as I was , I already loved to be feminine inside of me. I was already a " girl " , and that's what made me so happy. I also remember taking it all off and wiping my lips real good, coming out of the bathroom and thinking to myself " can anyone tell that I had lipstick on "? It was the beginning of a lifetime of loving to be femme....each day more.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Have to say I don't remember the first time I tried lip stick. I just used to copy my mum, at that age. I cross dressed from an early age. However the first time I bought a lip stick was many years later, in Boots Portsmouth along with Foundation Eye Shadow Mascara & some clip on earrings. I'd have been in my late teens by then.

The last item for me to put on to complete the transformation is lipstick. I love lipstick, and I still remember the name of my first very own lipstick: Pickaboo!
    Love, Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post
    So wishing I could somehow have a talk with that kid I once was, telling him it's all ok.
    Robyn,

Those three words are so important. It wasn't only the fear but a heavy weight of shame. But "it's really all okay". And after two glasses of wine, en femme, a little choked up saying them out loud.

Thank you.

Alice

I remember getting a hold of one of my sisters lipstick. I would spend one day a week when alone at home putting it on. After a few weeks, moved on to the rest of her make up. It was so awesome!

Had my first "real" experience with it today, as seen in my new pic/avatar, and I'm in love with it now lol
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

I would often hang around my mom when she was putting on her makeup, getting ready to go out, and starting when I was 2-1/2 or so, she occasionally shared her lipstick with me and eventually taught me how to apply it myself. I don't know exactly what shade she was wearing that far back, except that it was red. Later in life, Revlon's "Soft Red" was her go-to color, so it may have been that, or a similar predecessor. I also got to wear nail polish from time to time.

- Diane