Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weight and body image

Stay in shape both as a male and female because health is so important. I like to look sexy and it takes work going to the gym and working out. My routine includes just sit ups push ups and cardio walking ( can't run due to knee issues) Each time I'm there I think to myself I need to get in that smaller dress size. It seems to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    True to some point; as long as I have enough cash, there will always be plenty of women willing to date me even though I'm old and out of shape. OTOH, young pretty women will always have guys willing to date them even if they're completely broke and have the personality of a turnip. Life evens out, they have it better when they're young, we have it better when we get older.
    Broke and the personality of a turnip. Lol. Priceless. You made a valid point though. Seems to me we men have a lifetime of expectations to meet. Be strong, be brave, be successful, be everything they need and let them choose how nuts they'll be on any given day and if they'll work. Different masks to wear and attributes to emphasize at different ages. But much of masculine life is a pissing contest.

So any good points and some inspiring stories. Wish I had time to response to each directly. I know I need to make changes. It was just interesting that I didn't notice or care till I saw body in women's clothes.

This thread and my continuing blood pressure problems inspired me to get back on the wagon. I woke up last Saturday, weighed myself (217#) and took my blood pressure (170/110, Heart rate 105) and realized I'm not long for this world if I don't do something quick. I immediately cut out the carbs and resolved to include some mild aerobic exercise to help get my blood pressure in control. I made an appointment to see the doc to adjust my BP meds. By the time I saw the doc on Wednesday my BP was already down to 140/95 after being elevated for months. She's like WTF is your emergency? Anyway, she gave me another med I can stop taking if my BP gets well into the normal range. I woke up this morning and weighed 210 - down 7# in 6 days (mostly water, I know) and my BP was 140/90 heart rate 67. I feel a LOT better and am inspired to continue. Maybe someday soon I'll even fit into my dresses again.

I found this talk by Gary Taubes that explains why low carb works not just for obesity but also for other diseases of modern civilization (diabetes, High BP, lipid disorders, etc.)

https://youtu.be/qEuIlQONcHw

Actually, my weight was, at one point, a major reason why I didn't try to cross dress. I lost 30 pounds or so before I felt like I looked good enough to try to present as female. And I really want to lose another 30 to 40 pounds. I'd love to get back to the 170 to 175 pounds that I weighed back in my 20's, and I am making an effort with diet and exercise to achieve that goal.

OMG yes same as you after a few months of over indulging found myself way over weight.
    And clothes are worse for women then men too.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

I'm 6'3" and 170lbs - so I could never be convincing out - but I still think I look good
    Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    This thread and my continuing blood pressure problems inspired me to get back on the wagon.
    Whatever it takes. Just an interesting wake up call, for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    Actually, my weight was, at one point, a major reason why I didn't try to cross dress. I lost 30 pounds or so before I felt like I looked good enough to try to present as female. And I really want to lose another 30 to 40 pounds. I'd love to get back to the 170 to 175 pounds that I weighed back in my 20's, and I am making an effort with diet and exercise to achieve that goal.
    It's a clear indicator that even we are hard in fat femme, especially the one in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post
    I'm 6'3" and 170lbs - so I could never be convincing out - but I still think I
    Jessie
    I'm 5'6". And you might own on the basketball court but I finally win here. :-P

As Chris Powell would say, you don't have to be great to start, you just have to to start to be great.

The biggest eye opener for me was when I downloaded my fitness pal app, it opened my eyes to how much crap I was actually eating.

As a GG, I can add that matching personal body weight and shape assessment up with reality can be a lifelong struggle. That said, whatever steps are taken towards better health, image acceptance, etc., I would most definitely second, third, quadruple, quintuple (??) the previous comments about lifestyle changes, not diets, being key.

It is a very important point.

I had 105kg (230lbs) by Christmas and today I had 93kg(205lbs). And still going down.
    A famous cook once said the best method is "just eat half". Many of us are just eating (and sitting) too much

By the way, what do you think about girdles, corsets and all those? (regarding overweight)

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I'm suffering through the lifelong weight loss plateau phase, where I lost a bunch weight at once, hit my lightest weight, and have gained back around 10 pounds. Which my body refuses to shed or get rid of. Granted this really cold winter, and spring (had my heat on yesterday, its the end of April), irregular work hours, lack of sleep, T blockers etc. does not help matters. That does not mean that I will ever quit trying to lose those 5-10 pounds again, while pretty much ignoring everything else in life in order to get there.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth