Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walking in heels

Just bought a pair of Black 5 inch pumps. I have been navigating around in them. What I find is that if I wiggle my hips while walking it makes it much easier.

my first heels were 4 inch strappy sandals stolen from my then wife and not the best fit, I love looking at 6 inch plus stilettos in shops but not brave enough to try them yet, I love my knee high boots though, I parade around the house in them whenever I get the chance

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
    Most of my heels are pumps or boots. But after my first pedicure I realized I needed open toe pumps and sandals. The problem I have with these is my foot slips forward, pinching my toes or they hang over the end of the shoe. Not cool. Any suggestions on how to keep your foot from sliding down the bed of the shoe?

Thanks for your advice, Algoma
    I have a pair of one band slides from Chocolate Blu. Unfortunately they have ridge across the insole that acts as a gripper. An eigth of an inch movement from that theoretical location causes severe pain. Dr. Scholl's and others make moleskin pads or foam pads with an adhesive on the back. I cut a piece large enough to cover the underside of the band and that takes up enough clearance to prevent my foot from going forward in the shoe. While that would work nicely for open toed pumps, strappy sandals are a different matter. You would have to cut stripes of the material to match the underside of each strap. Don't know how that might look...

DeeAnn

I love the tall heels, but unfortunately I can not wear them. Shattered both ankles in the military and 2" is my limit. Even then I need a wide heel post as the finger width is not enough support.

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    I bought a pair of black peep toe stiletto 3" heels. Love them walked fairly well in them first time. Black heels go with a lot of outfits.

My first pair was a pair of open toed ones with ankle straps and a 3" heel. I loved them. And, I've owned a number of pairs. I still love them, but the knees don't.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Adelaide, same here for height, but i still can't wait to wear a pair of 4" heels, I'm dyin to try a pair actually!!!!

Dana, I'm laughing, wondering what the cop would arrest you for, clumsy walking? LOL Or were you jaywalking? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
    Most of my heels are pumps or boots. But after my first pedicure I realized I needed open toe pumps and sandals. The problem I have with these is my foot slips forward, pinching my toes or they hang over the end of the shoe. Not cool. Any suggestions on how to keep your foot from sliding down the bed of the shoe?

Thanks for your advice, Algoma
    Yes. wear them without hose. Also place a toe pad in the toe area to hold your foot in place. Todays open toe and sandals are designed by the manufacturers to be worn without hosiery. When hose is worn with many of these shoes, the foot slipping will occur. This was told to me by the Ninewest district manager.

Jodi

I'm Usually all thumbs,but walking in heels was never a problem, just came natural. Now hooking a bra from behind is another story.

I started out with some low heels first and mastered them quickly, from there I got some 3 ½ inch
    Stilettos and never turned back…I love that clicking of them heels
    if wearing long pants try some of them calf length panty hose kind of like socks
    All I can say is that after breaking my foot last summer, finally at last I can walk in some of my heels.
    YAY YAY YAY stomping around in circles YAY YAY YAY
    CLICK CLICK CLICKEY click click click…………
    Haylee

Any good places to find heels in men's sizes? I'm looking for my very first pair and I have knots in my stomach I'm so excited

I went straight to the paten leather black 4" pumps, they became natural pretty quickly, 4'5" always takes a bit more concentration.

I love trying to find little ways to change my gait to make it feel more natural. Keep my knees straighter , arch my back a little more as i walk, i find the hip sway comes by itself. I make the crease in my elbow face forward and let my lower arms do more of the swinging. Head high, and and i try and let it glide sideways a little as i walk. I spend way to much time on such things!

Kisses

I don't recall much trouble walking, but I do remember standing could produce an ankle wobble. I did a Marilynn Monroe costume a couple of times, and will never forget one waiter said, " look how good he walks in heels" . At this point in life, I am mostly flats, wedges and chunky heels, but I have a formal event next weekend and will be wearing my glittery 3" sandals that I spent the whole day in yesterday. {no wobbles, no pain}
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"