Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plausible excuses

Plausible excuses

Here is a crossdresser favorite: How do I get someone to dare/bet/challenge me to crossdress at work for a day (or longer) without being obvious that I want to?

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? I see these questions a lot (not here recently) and usually it's in the form of "I lost a bet and need to dress like a girl" or as more of an erotic story where the factuality is questionable at best. This is not what I am after.

I work in a small office (only seven of us in the office). Including me, there are five guys in the office and two women. Three of the guys, including the owner, stand at about six and a half feet tall, so in heels I wouldn't standout being next to them (me and one other guy are under six feet tall), but I am taller than both of the women without heels.

It's a pretty relaxed atmosphere. Everyone is pretty friendly and we all get along pretty well. Our boss has a penchant for trying to do fun things with the office (rafting trips, skiing, LAN parties, etc). Our usual attire is casual business casual. There isn't an official dress code, just the don't be disruptive and offensive standard unless we're having clients visit the office in which case we do dress a little more professional (slacks and skirts instead of jeans and leggings).

What I'm trying to figure out is a way to be dared/bet/challenged to come to work crossdressed in a totally natural way. Like we're having a conversation about gender equality in the workplace and I say it isn't fair that guys can't wear shorts when it's hot out but women can wear skirts and that leads to the suggestion that I try wearing a skirt to work (and it snowballs from there and I need to do full "drag" instead).

Anybody have a true story of how they were able to crossdress at work under similar circumstances or ideas on getting the ball rolling?

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Crazy idea...

If you want to cross dress at work, then why not tell them you are transgender and would like to come to work cross dressed.

I get the whole dare thing, but it is a bit immature and dishonest. If you want to do it, then own it.

GG here and have to agree with Nadine.
    The dare thing to me is just silly just be real.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

The others are right, trying to get somebody to dare you isn't the best way to go. Talking with the HR or boss and telling them you are transgender would be better, even better if you live in a state that has laws that prohibit discrimination against transgender. Here is a link that shows a map of the US and the states that have laws that protect transgenders in the work place:

http://www.lgbtmap.org/equality-maps...imination_laws

By looking at the map and your location, providing that its correct; you live in a state that has such laws. I hope this helps you out. Dares like that only come from immature people that only want to hurt and humiliate others. If you want to show up at work dressed, wait until Halloween where you can say that its your costume.

*sigh* Were it that easy. There are any number of reasons I am not ready and/or willing to full on out myself at work, the least of which being my wife is only recently become more accepting of my crossdressing habit and isn't ready for me to be outside the safe, private confines of our house. I expect I may be able to get past the wife at the door, but not without a plausible excuse/reason/cause.

And for the record, I know it's "silly" and we should be able to just come out and say, hey boss, I would like to come to work presenting as one of the women in the office tomorrow, and if I were just starting the job and/or wanted to ALWAYS go to work crossdressed, then I would be much more inclined to just do that (also assuming I wasn't married with kids and we haven't told the kids that daddy is sometimes mommy's girlfriend). But I've been at this company for about a year and a half and I don't want to always present en femme. It would be unreasonable of me to expect any business to allow me to just randomly come to work crossdressed because the whim struck me.

Oh and I can't do the Halloween schtick for two reasons:

1) For the past two Halloweens I have worked at this company we don't do Halloween dress up, parties, or contests.

2) I would be just too good (polished) to come to work in a crossdressed costume without raising suspicion that it was more than just a costume.
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-13-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Is there a charity your work raises funds for? If they do you could do a fundraiser were the person who raised the least has to dress in drag for a week if they're man or get gunged if they're a woman.

I thought of that, Rhian, but the charity we're involved with is for helping abused and neglected children. There isn't really a good segue from helping abused and neglected children to crossdressing as a "punishment" for not raising more than my coworkers (not to mention the fact that doesn't necessarily insure it would be me). It just isn't a natural consequence or plausible excuse.

Throw your own costume party, be it Halloween or whenever...invite all from your office, and others, and dress en femme.

Given Halloween is on a Saturday this year, I am thinking we may throw a costume party on Friday for adults and then still take the kids trick or treating on Saturday (wife vetoed me taking kids crossdressed last year out of concern it may embarrass them).

That doesn t cover this topic exactly, but certainly something I've thought of.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    This is a cool one I did, but it did not come to fruition. It was at my first duty-station when I was active-duty. Like most people in the barracks, I smoked cigarettes. There was one girl there that would wear fishnet stockings once in a while. So in efforts to wear her fishnets I proposed the bet that I would quit smoking while the now obvious bet was that I would have to wear a set of her fishnet stockings for a day.
    This was obviously a “win-win” for me since all I had to do was give it a few days and then smoke again. I just cannot remember what happened there at the end. I believe she was just like, “eh, don’t worry about it”, or something like that. I will admit that I was bummed. Pushing the issue would have made it very obvious.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Seems like a bit of a risk. How about a CD meetup, or conference? Less job risk.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

My opinion? Not worth it.

Never mind the fact that I have no desire whatsoever to mix my dressing hobby with my workmates (Halloween party at a friends house? Sure, work? No way).... But doing it on losing a bet usually means that you don't get to showcase your skills without raising some eyebrows... And intentionally doing a crappy job is not interesting to me. If you aren't ready/willing to be honest with your workmates about your lifestyle, then I don't think you should do it. Too many risks involved.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I don't have any good ideas for you, but I thinks yours' is a great idea to break the ice! Keep thinking and go for it!

Banned Read only
    In the UK we have charity fund raising days, all you have to do is find something applicable in the US and say you're being sponsored to CD to raise money for a nominated charity ! If not why not start an event there must be more than one needy charity !!
    I was a member of the round table and had many fund raising events some dressed up and some not !
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-13-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    Crazy idea...

If you want to cross dress at work, then why not tell them you are transgender and would like to come to work cross dressed.

I get the whole dare thing, but it is a bit immature and dishonest. If you want to do it, then own it.
    I agree 110% However, coming out as TG be prepared for all that it entails.... You may be expected to go full time

Thank you all for your input. You have made some valid points regarding the risks involved with mixing work and play. Some of those concerns (like being expected to go full time at work) are part of why I am not interested in coming out at work. I am not interested in dodoing it full time. Just an occasional type thing (which isn't realistic or fair to anyone to really expect them to be okay with it at work).

I think your suggestion, Teresa, is fantastic, but finding the appropriate charity and bringing it to the workplace in a non-revealing manner would be the difficulty. Any suggestions on which charities might fit the bill?

I also have one other reason for wanting to do it under the auspices of something other than coming out as TG at work. If I am doing it as a response to a dare/bet/challenge/charity pledge, etc I am far less likely to chicken out and not go through with it. If there's another reason behind it than just my personal interest, it would "force" me to confront my fears and nerves about it and just do it.
    Last edited by VirtuaGrl; 03-13-2015 at 04:57 PM. Reason: forgot to add the last paragraph

Platinum Member
    Wishful thinking ...nothing more
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It probably is an exercise in futility, Kim. But it's fun to think about and maybe just a mental exercise in creativity.

Honestly? I don't necessarily expect to come up with a solution. For those gurls that have been fortunate enough to be able to go to work dressed, I know it put them over the moon with joy. Wouldn't it be neat to experience that? Even once?

So periodically I try to think of plausible excuses or natural paths of discussion that could lead to me being able to just do it without full on outing myself (I can live with my co-workers suspecting after the fact). My current "angle" involves International Women's Day (March 8th). I'm not sure how exactly, but I first came up with it when I was applying to work in a different office where I would have been one of the only men there.

You are also taking a risk of the others in the office being suspicious or detecting you are trying to force a bet as an excuse to cross dress. All it takes is one person to start that discussion with the others. People are more savvy or intuitive that we often assume. This is similar to the nervous men shoppers who pretend to be shopping for their wife, girlfriend, etc. when buying women's clothing and under garments for themselves. Most sale associates see through it or, at a minimum, are suspicious.

It is going to take a lot of work on your part to start a charity or fund raising event explicitly for this purpose. Depending on your location and situation, some paperwork has to be submitted or you may have to work with another organization with a known reputation to make it happen. Also you will have to convince others that forced cross dressing is going to be good reason or way to raise money. I work at a non-profit in the development (fund raising) department and it is not as easy as it seems on the surface. There are usually a lot of hoops you have to jump through and rules you have to follow for charity organization and events. I do not mean to be overly negative about this approach, but be aware of the pitfalls.

I don't anyone really believes the bet story. It's really lame
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

If anything come to mind, I'll let you know, VG, but I'm striking out so far.

I can see the points of those warning you off the idea , but hey, it's a fun thought. If you figure out a way to pull it off, make sure it's on a "light" work day, because not only will your co-workers be distracted, I don't think you'll be able to focus much on business:-)

Jaye

P.S....And whatever happens, DON'T let it involve sneaking out of the house! Your wife has enough to handle right now without adding more deception.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Disrupting the work place isn't a good idea by any means.
    I would just come clean and admit you crossdress on occasion if someone asks.
    Then they will say "If you are a cross dresser prove it come to work as a girl".
    Trying to trick your way into it you may cause issues.

Steffi, I agree 100%. The typical bet story is totally lame and usually pretty transparent. This is why I'm going through this mental exercise. If there's a way to force the bet in a way that doesn't attract suspicion, I would love to figure it out.

I know doing a charity on its own is remarkably difficult, Melissa. I don't think I would try to form my own non-profit or charity, but instead I was looking for charities or causes that me getting pledges for crossdressing would make sense. Heck, I'd even go for trying to organize a womanless beauty pageant and being my company's entrant. I'm not sure what would be best and am still noodling it.

OMG, Jaye! This whole exercise is trying to avoid me trying to sneak out of the house. You are dead on right about my wife not needing any further deception from me about my crossdressing. I have promised her no more secrets or surprises.

If I thought it would really be that easy and painless, Tracii, I think your method is the absolute best I've ever heard. Prove it. I like that a lot.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaGrl View Post
    Here is a crossdresser favorite: How do I get someone to dare/bet/challenge me to crossdress at work for a day (or longer) without being obvious that I want to? ...
    You don't. Dares, bets, challenges are all nonsense. It's not a work related thing, period. If you were to cross dress at work, what do you think your work mates will REALLY think? "Oh Bob lost a bet." or "Bob must be a cross dresser, no one would do this." Survey says....Bob is a cross dresser. You will never be able to "trick" your coworkers or friends into believing you are doing something you do not want to do, short of looking Monty Pythonesque which is truly hilarious but not what most cross dressers want to look like.

If you NEED to cross dress at work, follow Nadine' advice. Come clean.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    I agree 110% However, coming out as TG be prepared for all that it entails.... You may be expected to go full time
    So, because I, having recently told my boss of my TG status, am supposedly risking being expected to go full time? What sort of logic is that? I still don't think everyone here understands that TG is not TS.