Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revelation- I am feminine

Revelation- I am feminine

Hi to all. In the last several months, I have come to understand myself better. I have been treating my gender issues as some sort of alien part of me, some appendage which is additional to me. My dressing, what there is of it, my personal likes, my mannerisms and general emotional nature was some additional part of me, Well, it's not. It is simply me.

I am basically a feminine person. I tend to migrate toward that which is feminine moreso than that which is masculine. for whatever reason, it seems a better fit for me, IDK why. I could spend the rest of my life figuring out why, but that still won't change who or what I am inside.

I have begun seeking to accept myself as a feminine person. The way I see it, I am male but feminine, and I relate to and connect better to most women because they are more feminine than men. I do not pretend to be for even one minute to actually be a woman, even if sometimes I dress in their clothes. I do so not for erotica, or for identification even, but simply because it just feels right. It fits me, internally at least.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    That sounds to me like you just made a major break through. The last time I realized something formerly hidden about myself it wasn't this significant, but it felt so good. It may take a while for all the different aspects of life to filter through this new perspective, but I hope that by the time they do you are feeling very much at ease.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

hi mutt, ive always felt that being a man who like to dress as a women that felt comfortable that way was not "feminine", that it was something more of the make-up of true females to own, Ive always thought that i felt like a lady when CDing.... so tonight i read this post and looked up the definition,

adjective
    adjective: feminine
    having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness.
    "a feminine frilled blouse"
    synonyms: womanly, ladylike;

so today i stand corrected and come to realization that i am indeed feminine also on top of the ladylike description, huh....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

My wife has said for years that I'm a very feminine male and she's a very masculine woman. We're both toward the middle of some sliding macho / fem scale. It's just that in the last year I've gotten to express my feminine side more openly. Heels felt great all day today.

Welcome, from another feminine leaning man.

Thanks for posting. That sounds like me also.

I really like the label "Feminine Person" or even "Feminine Man". Simple non judgemental, accurate. Thank you Gen

This so true for me too. I have come to an agreement that I am feminine in a lot of my choices. The clothing is just

an opportunity for a more feminine exposure. Does that make any sense? What is normal? I like being femme.............
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"

Hi G'mutt,

Yes, I am finding the same sort of self realization and acceptance, and you have said so very well just how I feel. Kevyn, my wife has made the same observations about us as you have. I wonder how many others have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    Hi to all. In the last several months, I have come to understand myself better. I have been treating my gender issues as some sort of alien part of me, some appendage which is additional to me. My dressing, what there is of it, my personal likes, my mannerisms and general emotional nature was some additional part of me, Well, it's not. It is simply me.

I am basically a feminine person. I tend to migrate toward that which is feminine moreso than that which is masculine. for whatever reason, it seems a better fit for me, IDK why. I could spend the rest of my life figuring out why, but that still won't change who or what I am inside.

I have begun seeking to accept myself as a feminine person. The way I see it, I am male but feminine, and I relate to and connect better to most women because they are more feminine than men. I do not pretend to be for even one minute to actually be a woman, even if sometimes I dress in their clothes. I do so not for erotica, or for identification even, but simply because it just feels right. It fits me, internally at least.
    Gendermutt, 100% with you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I will say that I have discovered that my core being is female.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gendermutt, Well said. I feel the same, but, i have always had hard physical male jobs, except security guard, and phone donations. On my vehicles repairs, I have to strain, and struggle for many hours, get cut, bruised, filthy, greasy, grimy, so, i have to disconnect from my lady side at times, to do hard male jobs, and repairs. My whole life has been "damage control", especially with my very sick family of origin still running havoc. But, i do feel more lady like mostly.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Sounds good so far.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Sounds a lot like me

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Welcome to the club.

What would have been different was if you had said you were masculine.

Now you can come over to our side.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for the replies. Saying I am feminine on a CD board is not exactly breathtaking in terms of surprise. It is an internal revelation I am making. My outward life I plan to remain as is. I am still a private mostly partial CDer. I am still very much into the concepts and practice of compromise and sacrifice for our greater good.

What I am doing though is realizing it is simply me, and I am trying my hardest not to be so bent out of shape about gender, really. While I had acknowledged to myself that I desire to dress, that I had this "feminine side" that was not going to go away, I still treated it as if it was something I had to deal with, and still was fighting it to a degree.

I am not trying to identify myself as much. I am trying not to worry so much about what I do or like being feminine or masculine. I am what I am I guess, and I am now about truly just being that.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    Well, this need to express yourself so, the feminine part of you is, for sure, a part of you. I'm glad you are finding acceptance of this, and in just being yourself. That's all any of us can do really. You aren't doing anything wrong. Our society doesn't like for people to just be themselves. That attitude - conformity over authenticity - causes a lot of problems.

Gendermutt, You are obviously in the right place. I think all of us here are feminine, at least to some degree. It's just that some of us have accepted it, and some of us are still working on it. The acceptance can be a very euphoric experience and change our lives forever. I'm happy that you accepted this part of you and I hope it will bring nothing but happiness for you.

I accepted my femininity many years ago and it has made me who I am today.

Anna
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

Thanks Anna. Coming to an acceptance yes. It has been a much longer and more complicated process than I would have imagined, and it is an on going thing.

When I first began to accept, to me dressing and femininity was an it that I accepted I could not rid myself of. Now, I have done a lot of reflection, introspection and just plain old soul searching. I am feminine.

What is even harder perhaps is that for 30 years I have only known fighting it. Trying to not to be feminine while trying to be masculine.

The energies in my life are better spent trying to be a good person. But giving up the fight is not easy no matter how toxic that fight has been and can be. It is all I ve ever known.

I don't know if euphoric really describes it, but definitely a new calm is descending on me, slowly.

lovely, so pleased for you, Gendermutt,
    I'm kind of feeling that as i'm happy crossdressed all the time, i'm feminine too, happy also with my body (losing weight helps), and only really put on manclothes for e.g. heavy garden work or woodworking, cos then its simply overalls and worth protecting the nice stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I'm feminine also, have to admit it. My long hair turns naturally curly. I had on a ball cap tonight and was at a table in a bar with my SO for her birthday. The waitress came up and looked at us both and said, "What can I get for you ladies?" , I had not even shaved for a couple days, but in the low light. I must have looked feminine to her. I have always been a tough male, yet I know that I have a full feminine side that I had to put down for many years. It appears that I'm getting more feminine as I'm aging and letting that side of me come out. There was a person wearing a kilt tonight. I told my SO that I would do that. She said that she knows I would. She said except it is a male skirt. I said, I would still do it. I do feel good dressed and it feels right.

I've always felt that my X chromosome was more dominant in me than my Y chromosome.

Platinum Member
    I would guess that to some degree, most of us are somewhere on a continuum between M and F. We've grown up in a world that has long excluded other possibilities. It's quite a revelation when that your inherently a gender blender.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It appears that you and your SO have reached an equilibrium. Congratulations.