Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A whole week of "Leslie" time...and a breakthrough? The stars have finally aligned!

A whole week of "Leslie" time...and a breakthrough? The stars have finally aligned!

I guess there is some truth to the old adage that good things happen to those who wait. Now if only I can keep old "Murphy" at bay, then this is shaping up to be an awesome week for me.

First things first - my wife will be out of town until next Saturday visiting family and friends, and my daughter (who lives nearby) and her family are off on a Disney cruise during the same time. That means that not only do I have a full week of "Leslie" time ahead of me, I will be able to live "en femme" for the duration as I have no other commitments and there will be no risk of anyone unexpectedly coming to the door to surprise me. No quick changes, no need to hide my stash, being able to leave all my clothes, wigs, cosmetics, accessories etc. around and in plain sight as I decide each day what to wear...in other words - just like a regular GG! Best of all, I'll even be able to keep my nail polish on for the week. This truly is a "first" for me as have never had such an uninterrupted spell of "Leslie" time at my disposal. In the past, it was typically 3 days max., and I usually had to break that up with some "guy" time in between because of other commitments.

So, what does a girl do with all this free time? Well, for starters, I'm spending the day getting organized for the days ahead, and have already made appointments for a bra fitting and a wig consultation later on in the week. Shopping is definitely on the radar screen for tomorrow, and there are some GG-centric events happening around town this week that I am looking into and will likely attend as well. Not only that, the weather promises to be reasonably decent in these parts after that long, harsh winter, so while boots will still be required most times, wearing just regular shoes and heels outside will also be an option occasionally.

But best of all, as luck would have it Dr. Oz had a segment on his show last week dealing with transgenderism, and in it featured a couple where the man had undergone SRS after years of internal struggle. We had this stored on the PVR (DVR, to my American friends) as my wife records all his shows, and thanks to a prior notification from one of our sisters here, I searched it out yesterday to ensure that not only was it still there, but also that my wife wouldn't be erasing it in a DADT-fueled snit before I had a chance to view it myself.

Now before I go on, let me state that my wife worships the ground that Dr. Oz walks on and follows all of his health and nutrition advice religiously - to the point where if Dr. Oz were to advise his audience to shave their heads, drink motor oil, and offer up their first-born to a pagan god as away of ensuring a long and healthy life, there is a good chance she would consider those options.

So imagine my surprise when she not only agreed, she suggested we watch it together (Say WHAT!!??) - and right now, to boot. As I was in the middle of something else at the time, I suggested that we reschedule for later, but my wife responded that this might not work for her. And so, I dropped the subject for the moment and went off to finish what I had been doing.

A couple of hours later as I re-entered the house from outside, she told me that she had watched the show herself while I was gone, and that she had been very impressed by the way the topic had been presented. Even more surprisingly, she again suggested that we watch it together so that we could discus it afterwards. She was especially impressed by "Tina" (the erstwhile male partner) and the way she described her internal struggles - not to mention the mature and realistic way in which the whole subject had been presented along with Dr. Oz' supportive, sympathetic approach and his empathetic questions.

Hearing "Tina" say the same things I had been expressing for years really resonated with my wife, but at the same time she also identified very strongly with Tina's spouse and the pain and agony she had put her through, even though both had emerged at the other end of this process happier, more committed to each other, and more in love - i.e. true "soul-mates" this time - than ever before. This part really troubled my wife, and she re-iterated that while she could perhaps see herself looking past my crossdressing, the thought of potentially living with "me-as-a-woman" would be "A Bridge Too Far" for her. No surprise there - we had had this conversation many times before, and I reassured her yet again that SRS and living full-time as a woman was not on my radar screen as I was quite content to continue on as a heterosexual male crossdresser as long as "Leslie" could emerge from time to time to come out to play. This made my wife feel much better, and having watched that show together and discussing it in such great detail brought us together in that moment of time in a way that we hadn't experienced in a long, long time.

Sorry if I've rambled a bit here, but I really can't separate this momentous (for me) breakthrough with my wife from my upcoming "Leslie" week...not only are both "firsts", but coming back-to-back as they did, for once my karma actually smiled upon me as opposed to smacking me upside the head as it usually does. I am ecstatic to be able to be "Leslie" for the rest of the week, my wife left on her trip happy and feeling more secure in both her marriage and her future than ever, and I am looking forward to her return so that we can continue build up on this good feeling that we were able to achieve here going forward...

And oh, yes - thank you Dr. Oz! May Oprah continue to smile down upon you, and your ratings increase... .

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Leslie, so happy for you on this breakthrough with your wife! Enjoy your week en femme -- can't wait to hear how it went (and see photos!) ...

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Yippe Leslie time... Double yippe kuum-by-ya (sp) on the home front.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Congratulations, Leslie!
    Sounds like an awesome week lined up, and a light at the end of the tunnel too!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Congratulations! It is interesting how sometimes help comes from the least expected place or person. Have a good time.

indulge yourself to the full!!! and its wonderful news on the breakthrough, exciting times!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Yay, never too late to have a tremendous breakthrough, congratulations. Win win for you and your lovely bride!

For your big big week do please consider kicking it off with spa day. Facial, eyebrow thread, mani/pedi and a makeover. For your lovely hands get a set of acrylics!! Ask them to not use primer and they'll be gorgeous for a week then come off reasonably easily.

So excited for you! Details and photos, details and photos. Hugs, Michelle

congratulations leslie,
    its nice to have these conversations with our wives....and the pride and accomplishment from having had them...
    enjoy your "leslie time"....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Thank you for all those kind words of support, ladies. I'm really starting to feel the love here...

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Thank you for all those kind words of support, ladies. I'm really starting to feel the love here...
    Not so fast, girlfriend. Remember, there's a fine line between "love" and "envy". We want a week too, we want a week too!! Just kidding. However, question for you: Are you keen on a continuous 24/7 experience or are you factoring in "breaks" in the course of the week.

On the hosiery question, yeah, nude pantyhose will out you in a minute as a member of the club (unless you're Kate Middleton, as you so sagely noted). But, damn the torpedoes, I say, nylons every day, you deserve it!

Hugs, Michelle PS - can you tell I'm excited for you? :-)

Michelle is right, Leslie, get out and do those things you don't have the time window to do normally. The first thing you should of done was hightailed it for a mani/pedi! Get into a salon tomorrow! I had a week last fall and I was in the chair with my feet in the water even before my wife was at her destination! Long about Thursday, if you stay dressed the entire time, you'll find a lot of things feminine will come natural to you without thinking. It really is an eye opener when you notice it. Enjoy every minute, Saturday will come too fast!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Platinum Member
    Isn't it amazing! One of those rare moments when daytime TV actually yielded something positive...for you and I hope for many others in similar situations.

Enjoy your week of freedom and the prospect for better times ahead!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie, Pace yourself so you don't get burnt out after four days.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Leslie, have a great week. When my wife traveled to the mid west for several years to visit our daughter I had 7-10 days each fall for Stephanie time. It was great to hang an assortment of my dresses and full slips on hangers, toss my male underwear in a box and put my bras, panties and hosiery in my dresser. Heels lined up in plain sight. I took outings in the evening, although not as adventurous as your appointments. Unfortunately, our daughter moved back home (35 miles away).

I am especially happy you and your wife have talked..communicated. I checked your age...mid 60's. I would think after many years of marriage, raising kids, supporting a family any wife would look at the total picture. Does a little quirk outweigh all the great positive attributes of a guy? I would hope not!

Have a wonderful week! Hopefully you will not get snowed in or freeze your legs off in a nice dress!

What AllieSF said. Congratulations! Sounds like a nice breakthrough. Sometimes it takes an outside source like that to open minds a little. Have fun with your Leslie time!

Party at Leslie's house!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Wow, ladies - so many comments; so much to reply to...

- michelle: YOU envious of moi??? You, the queen of duck face selfies who recently blitzed through Vegas with 3 - count 'em - 3 back-to back makeovers in a row??? Not to mention all those boudoir shots from awhile back? You're raising the bar for all of us here, GF, and it's all we can do to keep up...if at all...

And yes, I'm aiming for that full 24/7 experience, but I hit a roadblock today. I tried to buy a nice, lacey nightgown with spaghettti straps (and idealy with a matching peignoir) but...no can do. Seems all that the GG's want to wear to bed these days are frumpy "granny" flannel night gowns or else flannel PJ sets. That, or yoga pant style bottoms mis-matched with some non-descript Tee's. Maybe the "good stuff" was available around Valentine's Day, but it either flew off the racks or has been packed away for now. Rats! - but I'm gonna keep trying...

- Heidi: Great advice, and a mani is definitely in the plans for tomorrow. Might even be daring and go for a shellac gel just for the experience. I've made some inquiries for makeovers, and plans are coming together for that as well. I would normally have been more pro-active on this front, but my wife's trip out of town was pretty much a spur-of-the-moment thing, and triggered by the fact that all the stars happened to align for her in terms of all the people that she wanted to see at the same time.

- ORCHID: Thanks for the kind thoughts, but the only burn-out fear I have is extreme razor burn on my face by the time the week is over.

- Stephanie: Thank you for your kind wishes as well. Having followed your posts for some time now, it is clear that you and I have much in common - not only age-wise, but also in the long row that we have had to hoe with our respective spouses over this whole crossdressing issue. As a fellow Boomer, I am reminded of Bob Dylan's seminal album "Slow Train Coming...

As for the rest of the ladies here who have also wished me well - and you know who you are - many thanks, and yes, followup progress reports are definitely planned.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Leslie, enjoy yourself. Get drunk on femininity. Here in BC, I have a similar opportunity coming next month...can't wait. As for your nightgown problem, I have some solutions for that. The answer is essentially ebay or etsy. Treat yourself to a vintage gown and peignoir. So many available for reasonable prices...many are heirloom items that have never been worn (or have been sitting at the bottom of a lingerie chest for decades). Today's lingerie just can't match the quality of a vintage gown. Hope this helps!

Good for you Leslie. Have a great time!

At first I was envious of the news of your week, but the interaction with your wife is even better than that. Congratulations on both! Can't wait to hear about your fun!
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I really love it when all the stars align for gals !! good for you xoxo

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    That's all terrific Leslie. What struck a chord with me for your Leslie week was being able to keep your nail polish on. I get to do that perhaps 4 times a year when travelling interstate and it is one of the highlights waking up and seeing my nails.

What I haven't experienced but yearn to some day is your discussion with your wife. That was special and augurs well for the future.

Now to really improve the alignment of your stars ... don't forget the mini skirt Bout time to show some spring leg

Gone to live my life
    Hi Leslie,

So glad to hear you will get some Leslie time this week . . . I hope for good weather out you way . . . not so much way. Enjoy yourself and do all those things you said you would do but I was most happy to read about your breakthrough with your lovely wife.

Who would have thought Dr Oz could be so helpful.

Hugs

Isha

It all sounds wonderful!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Great news Leslie. however I do predict a pink tornado at the end of the week, that would be frantic you gathering up up that stuff and stowing it away. Hope you continue to make progress with your wife, that is the best path for girls like us, being with a supportive partner. But even with the best wife in the world you'll still have to put all your stuff away neatly.