Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do some folks get bored of CD-ing after a few days?

why do some folks get bored of CD-ing after a few days?

apart from a couple of hours here or there I've been en-femme since mid-january, there's no sign of this slowing down or me becoming bored of it, or me wanting some "man time", I'm happier this way, and that's that!

So i noticed a fair few posts/threads where some folks have said they've gone off it, and can't be bothered, gone back to man clothes. My question is: why?

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

If we knew why we would understand everything one needs to know about cross dressing. Its just a mystery and to make it a deeper one we are all individuals with different egos, motivations etc. etc.
    I'm glad that you are happy though.

Well said. For me it is things that are going on in life, work, vacation, who I am seeing. There are so many other reasons just like you brought up too. I am Bree inside no matter what I am wearing though. Even though I enjoy girl mode but unfortunately I cannot do it all of the time.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

I do get bored with it sometimes. after spending a few days en fem and sometimes after a few hours i get bored. I sure love the prep and the first steps out the door but it seems after some time boredom sets in. It seems it is after all the things I can do while dressed have been done. Going to the mall, shopping, seeing a move, maybe getting a bite to eat all these things are fun but after I have done them it seems that clothing just doesn't matter. I will say that one of the thrills of doing all those things is seeing my enfemme reflection in a window or a mirror, that never gets old.
    I have lately taken to going for long walks in the park and they even get boring after a bit. Maybe it is because no one notices or cares if they do notice. Clubbing is always fun having fun with other girls is a kick also. I guess it is the boredom of every day life that bores me when I am dressed ofr course it can bore me in guy mode too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I can see why people get bored with it...its like they get it out of their system...all this pent up pink fairy dust finally explodes. Everyone is at different levels with crossdressing, some are more serious than others, some part time, some just wear panties..some 24-7....I personally never get bored of it either but I will admit I do get lazy, especially if I am not going anywhere special, so i may just hang in sweats, and sneakers with very little makeup. xoxo

Sometimes, male guilt and shame, the guy side wanting his power back. Religious guilt sometimes. Wanting to come back down from the high. Every one is different.

Oh golly, I'm never quite bored with it. It is in my life now and feels good. I'm a part time girl, yet I think I could do it for a while and not be bored. I do not think I could go back.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I believe that it is just different for different people. When I was on a deployment to west Africa back in November, being out of my comfort-zone, I thought that I was quite done with CDing for good.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Even being retired keeping my girl "on" is high maintenance. Much easier to move around and get things done en homme and reserve her for special occasions these days.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am never bored with it but sometimes not doing it is so much easier. Although, I try to not go cold turkey and always incorporate something feminine in my day to day activities.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    After dressing and going out for years now, I pretty much reserve my dressing for visiting girlfriends and going out clubbing where I can be with friends and flirt and tease and get a little tipsy! Otherwise, dressing is at least an hour and a half undertaking and it's no big deal unless I can share it with someone else. At 6'3" and 6'6" in heels, I'm always going to be noticed. Even if I was shorter I'd get noticed! It's just the way I am. Great for attracting people and flirting, not so hot trying to buy groceries. Boy mode is just so much easier when "taking care of business".

Why switch back and forth? I guess it's just who I am.

If I felt a need to be dressed as female 24/7, I wouldn't really consider myself to crossdressing at all; I'd be closer to true Trangender/ transitioning. I am not a woman in a man's body, I'm a man in women's clothes. It's a fun costume to wear for a while, but I wouldn't want to ruin the "femme experience" by dressing all the time. Vive la difference!

I seem to take it in spells. I love getting dressed to the max when I can stay dressed all day and a few times several days. I enjoy also my male side just throwing on my work clothes and going to the farm. I can only go either way it seems for a time and sometimes the female side gets the shorter time. If I haven't been dressed in a a week or two it seems I get very excited to get back enfemme. I really love the times that I can go all the way from painting nails and toes to the complete outfit. I do sometimes under dress even when doing the male chores I do, maybe we all have differing levels or degrees of dressing to settle the inner feminine side and male side. I know my wife sometimes just hates getting dressed and stays in what I call male mode clothes all weekend. Who knows... She thinks it's a pain to have to dab on her makeup every day.

i think you're onto something there Stephanie, and Gendermutt's thread answers that ... a feminine man enjoying the feminine clothing, but able to go into man-mode when required by the world around
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

We all exist somewhere on this spectrum, so the desire, or need is different for all.
    What is interesting is what a few here have said, sometimes we just want to live life. Doing
    it as or dressed as a woman. Is it the clothes or the inside, the soul, whatever it is, could we
    do "male" things dressed? Could we just be ourselves, dressed as we feel?
    I'm a little verklempt, discuss among yourselves.

I love black pudding but I don't want it every day.
    I am a guy that enjoys dressing up when the mood strikes, if I wanted to be a girl all the time I would have some explaining to do to the wife.

I have taken breaks, but it's not from boredom, it's sensory overload.

Pamela,
    When starting out there are a lot of other interests to keep us occupied.

New girlfriends, baby on the way, a forthcoming wedding.

As Nicole Scott says, sensory overload.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Well, I think it's quite obvious that among the thousands of CDrs represented here there are many different people with extremely diverse motivations. Those who dress to satisfy a sexual need may move on to other sources of pleasure. Those who 'get a thrill' from pushing boundaries or taking risks, may well find that the endorphin rush is lessened with time.

On might as easily as why don't more CDrs tire of the activity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    If you're an in-home cross dresser I suspect social isolation will take over. I am assuming if you've been en femme 24/7 since mid January you may be more than a simple cross dresser. You've been out among the populace: work, church, shopping, social interaction?

Havent had that problem yet and doubt I will

Platinum Member
    Hi Pam, I've been in this program for 68yrs. now and it never gets old.

I dress for 3 to 4 hrs. every Morning and 2 or 3 hrs. a couple Evenings a week.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If you are bored, it may be that you just had some curiosity about the "other side." Maybe you heard someone talk about crossdressing and thought it might be fun to try, or do it to satisfy an inner wish, but really didn't like it once you actually got dressed. It's all good, it grows on you. LOL Share your crossdressing with a friend, go shopping together, plan an outfit all the way down to the shoes, bracelets, get your ears pierced but share it with somebody. That is what I regret the most about my youth, I didn't share it because I thought it was wrong, but I always went back to it over time. Now I share it with my wife and we have a blast going shopping, making jewelry, or just hanging on our deck. She buys me outfits, lingerie, stockings and sometimes we were matching shirts and panties. We just have fun with it.

Making up for not having been born with female genes is hard work!

For me it was never a matter of being bored with it.
    I dont know .. it is a number of things I guess. Most things I do, I do 110%, and that includes when getting the girl on. It is about being as authentic as possible and _being_ the part, not just _looking_ the part! Does that make sense? So that requires a lot of attention to detail and a lot of effort the entire time.

Unlike many reports I have read from others, I never had the sadness of changing back to boy mode after having had extended girl time. I am so incredibly energized afterwards and am so full of energy and so fired up to get things done etc and I suspect that energy is harvested directly from the energy that goes into making Suzie real.
    This does not come natural to me, not at all. Combat gear, doing stupid stunts, hunting, building cars and bikes etc, that's natural for me. Suzie is the alter ego, 180 degrees removed, and hard work to accomplish!

When the opportunity was only a few hours at a hotel somewhere in the world, it was never enough. But when the opportunity was days on end and included being out and about, I would eventually wear out! Get exhausted from the effort.

A part of the exhaustion for me is definitely also caused by the fact that, deeply seated from past lives, I am soooo aware of my surroundings all the time that there is not much relaxation involved when out in girl mode. In boy mode, I dont have to be quite as aware. It is like the defense perimeter moves in to a few feet where when in Suzie mode, the perimeter includes everything around me. After some days with the shield up, I would get tired! So even if the opportunity continued to be there, opting for a little relaxing guy time would feel pretty good too.

But ... soon after ... the need would be knocking on the door again!

- Suzie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I also think that "bored" is not necessary the driving force for leaving Tina for a bit. I lived as a man only for 55 years. There are things my man side enjoys that Tina does not. There are things that Tina enjoys that my man side can't stand. So, to be a total "me", I want to go back and forth. Yes, I'm living two halves of my life separately, but when I put them together it is fantastic!