Thread: Small Dilemma

Small Dilemma

In a couple weeks, everyone will be out of tbe house for the weekend, which I have been looking forward to for a while now. Its been over a year since I've had a night to myself to do as I please. Ive been getting anxious for the opportunity to dress up and enjoy the weekend. Unfortunately, I was just informed that a friends bachelor party has been planned for that weekend. The plan is to go on a brew tour of different breweries in our area, which I have never done and would like to do. Would it be too selfish of me to stay home or should I just go to the bachelor party and hope another opportunity comes up.

Oh yes, the conundrum that many of us face. Our activities here are not quite mainstream and so lend itself to many quiet nights by ourselves. On the other hand you could attend a very public activity where cross dressing is probably not totally accepted but with friends. Do we stay in by ourselves and be pretty for the mirror (and some peace of mind) or do we go with the guys? Both fun but quite different. What is most important to you?

go on the beer party dressed - see the thread on "drinking and dressing" :-))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Well if party is just one night and you have the whole weekend, couldn't you do the party one night and have the rest of the time to yourself?

Sod's Law. Bachelor party, no question. He is your friend, after all.

Beware of public intoxication, etc. as a by-product of such a party, but go to the party.
    DonnaT

I can see the temptation to dress, but in all reality get a life and do one last thing with the boys.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I say do both!
    Go out to the brew fest dressed up as your best.
    I think it would be very easy to play off too because of the occasion. But I would not drink a lot, personally.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Platinum Member
    Do the party and look ahead to other opportunities.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree with the "Go to the party with your friend" crowd!

Hopefully, that friend will never have a bachelor party again and there will be other times for you to be alone and dress up.

And, it seems that if you moderate the party going a little, there would be some time for both!

Looking back, I regret many of the times where I chose to isolate myself for the sake of getting dolled up, instead of spending time with family, friends or colleagues. 20/20 rear view vision!

Hugs
    Suzie

Go to the party and send your friend off in style.

My first instinct is to say, Go to the bachelor party. It's not about the drinking, brewery hopping, It's about the groom , the friendship, the last hurrah before marriage, the comradely. I understand, as I believe most us of here do, the desire to dress and the feeling of the dilemma here, but unlike this,(the bachelor party) other opportunities to dress will come up.
    With that the only caveat I have is, you didn't give us all the info. Is the groom a close friend or more of a friend of a friend? Also what breweries are you going to? If its a friend of a friend of a friend and you're going to Bush gardens, then I would change my mind and say stay home and girly it up.
    So that's just what I think.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Platinum Member
    Hi State Fan, What's more important to you, Your friends or dressing up.

I would go with my friends.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Go to the party and stay sober. You can also bow out after a few stops.

Thank for the input. Suzie, I'm like you where I have made the decision many times to stay in when I have a couple hours to myself rather than go out and socialize so I think i'll try to break that trend this time. Victoria, he's a work friend that I hang out with every now and then. Im sure i'll end up going and hoping for another opportunity in the near future to have some extended time dressing.