Thread: Over planning

Over planning

So today I found myself with some Jepheia time, it was only an hour but I started planning my alone day coming up on Thursday to be Jepheia. My plan is to do my neighborhood walk, (I'm still in the closet, except for my wife) so this is kind of a big deal for me. I must have tried on 20 different outfits and combinations, then it dawned on me, am I the only one that accidentally stumbled across a great outfit? And does anyone else get so excited for such a small outing? Just curious?

Oh heck yeah, you go for it Jepheia! At work one of our catchphrases is "have we overworked this enough yet"?

Have you assembled a spreadsheet with an hour-by-hour schedule and a numerical rating assigned to each of your outfits? That would not be overplanning, so what you're actually doing is definitely not overplanning.

Have fun! Take selfies! No photos = it didn't happen.

Hugs, Michelle

Jepheia,
    Go for it, otherwise an opportunity missed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ohh a spreadsheet, I like that idea!!!

Sometimes trying on 20 outfits is just the beginning, then it becomes clear that I haven't a thing to wear, and so we must go SHOPPING!
    I would not go so far as a spreadsheet myself, but I will confess that one day last fall I counted how many I had of everything, man clothes as well as women's. Then, awestruck by 160 guy shirts, I sent 80 of them to the Goodwill, and offed the last of the man underwear. Made closet space for more tops and dresses and drawer space for more bras, yay.

I wouldn't do a spreadsheet, but it made me think. I what if I would take naked pic of myself, then pics of all my outfits, then on my computer I could somehow put each outfit on me to try different combinations or use it maybe when I can't physically dress, or is there a software program for that?

Banned Read only
    Jephia,
    I underdress in a black skirt and Tshirt under my jacket and overtrousers if I get the chance to take off the top layer I then walk the dog for an hour or so, bright colours are too obvious so I avoid them !

Banned Read only
    I maintain a word document listing by number my 114 dresses which corresponds to a binder with pictures of them. It makes pre planning a little simpler. Most of the time I wear either a white or black full slip. I keep a nice selection of those in a separate place. It may seem odd to do that, but, depending on the length of the dress they need differing side seam length. If you spend all your time modeling the clothes, you may never get anything accomplished for the day. Of maybe all you really want to do is model before a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Jepheia View Post
    Ohh a spreadsheet, I like that idea!!!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm getting ready to spend nearly a week in Las Vegas, most of it en femme, and I have packed enough clothing to spend 2 weeks without duplicating an outfit. Maybe planning would help reduce the number of things I'm taking, but from past experience I know my plans with change with the weather, the hours I keep, who I see, how my face holds up, if I go shopping and what I forgot to take with me. Planning is great, but I know the end result will be so different from the plan so what I'm planning on is flexibility.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hi Jepheia. Sounds like an exciting plan, go for it

Kirsty x

Jephleia , sounds like a plan ! Go with it and enjoy.

Well I think I jinxed it, I have a little one today sick, so dressing up today 😞