Thread: Tossing male clothes

Tossing male clothes

Often times some here state that they have thrown their male clothes away and now only wear female clothes, especially underwear. My question is does tossing your male clothes away and only wearing female clothes somehow magically make you a woman in your mind, or is it just wishful thinking?Just curious.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Seems you've omitted at least another option. Clothing is always, to some extent, a means of self expression. Why keep clothing one no longer uses, particularly if the items no longer expresses that 'self'?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wouldn’t mind throwing my male clothes away, but life as it is I have to work and provide, one can still keep the sexy underwear going 24/7 though.

Kirsty x

Reality Check
    I wear panties just about every day but I reserved some male briefs for visits to the doctor where I might have to drop my pants. I wear mostly "male" clothing outside the home. My jeans are women's jeans but don't really look it.

Some folks may have moved "over the line" to dress and live as women or just as full time crossdressers. It's a big world out there and what happens in my town or your town may be far different from other towns.

Kate,

The only advantage to throwing any clothes away is to make more room in the wardrobe.

I had some cotton dresses I used as oil rags on the car and that had more effect on me than using a pair of cotton y fronts for the same purpose.

I could use this as a basis for a similar thread.

It's all wishful thinking but with a volatile mind like mine I can imagine anything.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i've thrown out most but not all male clothing, the remnant is reserved for times when its required. No its just made me happy, as a man.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I would tend to agree with you Kim but I guess a lot of it would depend on who you are expressing your "self" to.

It's all a matter of perspective Bev. Would I use my panties to wipe off my oil dipstick? Hell no but I would use my pantyhose as a temporary fan belt in a pinch if I had to.
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-18-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Silver Member
    Kate
    I tend to agree with Kim. While my wife knows, I'm not really "out" to the public. I don't get the chance to fully dress very often. So a touch stone of some underwear occasionally or maybe a couple of times a week helps satisfy the compunction. Some people have greater need than others. And there can sometimes be a bit of fog rolling in too.

We learn something new every day no matter how hard we try not to. Plus it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. I'll lay claim to that privilege!

-M.

There are times when I enjoy dressing well in male clothing. I enjoy looking smart and well-groomed in whatever style clothing I choose to wear. Over the years my male style underwear has disappeared and I only have female underwear left.

No, Kate, having a drawer full of female underthings doesn't make me feel more of a women nor les of a man. It just eliminates the cringe I feel when facing the prospect of having to wear a dingy pair of tidy whities. Nope, don't have to do that any more.

I know Jackie. I also know some GG's who cringe at wearing panties and bras. They would rather wear tighty whities and jerseys. To each their own, right?

Kate, I was homeless for a while seven years ago. I worked some, while living in my van, too. I can not imagine having only lady clothes in that situation, unless i were transitioned, of course. Times may be gettin a lot harder soon, and as much as i love to dress to the near nines, i am keeping about 40% of my clothes male. Sorry i sound gloomy, but i like to be a little prepared for the worst. Alice is semi high maintenance, and is saved for special occasions, two to four times a month.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 03-18-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Unless a person is fully transitioning into the opposite gender I wonder if it's counter intuitive.

Many of us have said that the men's department us is too limiting. We are excited at new options for dress from across the aisle. I imagine only having the female attire as eventually being just as restrictive. If you've once shrugged societies expectations, why then limit yourself in any way?

PS there are days where I enjoy a thong and others where I'm most comfortable in Punisher boxers. Don't let expectations dictate how you live, either way.

Banned Read only
    On a site like this you can post anything you want without any verification. I take those postings with a grain of salt. Yes, a man transitioning to a woman may toss her male clothing, but, a recreational cross dresser? Nah!

The way I see it, tossing out men's clothes is like tossing out women's clothes; the occasional purge is needed in order to have space for other things you may want or need.
    Last edited by geek; 03-19-2015 at 05:56 AM.
    Most any thing I post is from my phone, this is why my answers are short and also why I don't post all to often.

As usual everyone has their own take on this. That's why I love this site with all of the diversity here.