Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Decade

The 50's and early 60;s for me
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Definitely the 60's . I was a teen,and that's basically when I realized that cross dressing would be a part of my life,and I starting watching what the girls were wearing and how they acted.

for me it has to be the 90s, probably as this is when I grew up and squeezed into my first pair of heels and dress.

I know fashions weren't the best but it just has so many lovely yet anxious about getting caught memories for me .

I slao love the styls from back then. But the 90's was the decade I came out to my wife and could dress full on as a woman.So I must say the 90's
    Angie

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristi, You are preaching to the choir with me about the 50s'.
    The 50s' were my teenage years.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    40's and 50's They has style, elegance, color everything a girl needs.

there is one word to describe the put together woman around the 50's

GLAMOUR!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Quote Originally Posted by AmyVanessa View Post
    I love the 80s. The fashion was so awesome, that was the best decade.
    Except for those football shoulder pads, that is:-)
    Actually I love the 80's too, the big shoulders are good for us because we have them built in!! Where can I find leg warmers?? Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Jaymees22,

You will have to go to a dance shop to find leg warmers today. But I remember back in the 80s during the aerobics craze, they were seemingly everywhere. My, how times have changed!

Lacy PJs

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Whoa, this thread makes me feel young...

I don't know about anybody else but I miss the late 70s and 80s. I loved the slip, I miss seeing that lace from the bottom of a skirt.

basically one can somewhat surmise your answer ties in with when you grew up / child / teenage / formative years!

For me, it's the late 90's, early 90's. Short and tight black dresses and mini skirts. Now I just need to work on the body to pull it off again. To be young and skinny again, sigh.

I'm with the majority here in loving the styles of the '50s. Today you can go into the mall and see 500 women in the space of an hour, and none of them are wearing "women's" clothes. Everyone is wearing jeans and pants. Today, if you venture out (except to a club) wearing a skirt, hose and heels, you will draw undue attention to yourself and you'd better be able to "pass," as you won't be able to melt into the crowd. It's a tragedy and, to me, represents the collapse of civilization. I suppose my feelings of dismay were shared by the Romans in the 4th century AD when barbarians flooded in wearing trousers.

Folks...the barbarians have gotten through the gates and invested the city. When you look at photos of crowds of people in the 1930s - 1950s, you see a different world, not just different styles of clothing. (This applies to the men, as well.) If we're lucky, the pendulum will swing back as the younger ones may want to sacrifice function for style and then we can once again appreciate the sway of a skirt, if we live that long. I forgot. We could always visit Japan and see them, at least for now.
    Last edited by Jeninus; 03-22-2015 at 12:06 AM.
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved the 80's , me and all my friends looked like girls. You could hardly tell my high school girlfreind and I apart! And the girl friends encouraged us and would do out " poison style make up " my gf at the time encouraged my to wear high heels because hey prince wears high heels right ! ( never did get the nerve to wear them in pubic back then ) it seemed the more you looked like a girl , the more the GG's wanted you. Lol
    Ahhh but it all turned out to be a too shorty lived phase for most. And all those same guys from high school that wore spandex and make up with hair teases out like a lions Maine now have crew cut or shaved heads , 12 " beards and are covered in tattoo's and claim when talking about the old days " I just did that to get girls" and think damn , I dated certain girls to get access to there wordrobes lol

Nostalgically I will always have a have a special place in my heart for the 80s: mix tapes, legwarmers and unapologetically stocking up on Aqua Net and Wet n Wild electric blue eyeliner. That said, when I look back at photographs of myself from 1980 straight through to the mid-90s I positively cringe. I'm with Kirsty in that, as far as the female form goes, the 50s (and possibly back into the 40s) look is still a positively gorgeous one. Pin-ups rule.

I have to admit, i was born in the mid 70s and became aware of my feminine side with the late 80s and 90s. While i dress in contemporary styles, i still love those days - spandex, leather, short tight dresses and skirts.

Bree

Banned Read only
    I cast my ballot for the 1950's and 1960's. Maybe the last half of the 1950's and the first half of the 1960's. Those were the years I developed my "idea" of how a woman should dress. So, these days you'll find Stephanie cooking, baking, doing the laundry and ironing, vacuuming and other domestic chores in a dress, slip, proper undergarments and heels. That's the way I saw June Cleaver and Harriet Nelson.

As to lingerie... those were the days of pretty lacy slips and nightgowns. Oh, how I miss the mannequins in the stores attired in full body briefers, open bottom girdles, long line bras, slips and nighties. There was a little mystery involved with women's clothing. I fondly remember the days when my young wife came to me "gift wrapped," if you know what I mean!

I like this decade for the styles out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    basically one can somewhat surmise your answer ties in with when you grew up / child / teenage / formative years!
    Not for all of us, M's. Mink. I was born in the early 70's, matured in the late 80's and early 90's but love the look of the 1950's.

-E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I fondly remember the days when my young wife came to me "gift wrapped," if you know what I mean!
    I guess I'm really lucky that way; mine still does!

But women's sleepwear today... the pits. And, even worse, it has become fashionable in public. On a recent vacation where free breakfast was offered at our hotel, I was surprised to see several of the women (not little kids) dining in their pajamas! From what I see on store shelves and in catalogs, today's husbands aren't greeted by their ladies in thin, filmy "Sweet nothings" any more. That is sad...

Lacy PJs

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I love that fashion from the 60's...not that I wear that style when I dress today but I can appreciate the styles that were going on in the 60's.

For me the ultimate vintage feminine was the Olga nightgowns. They transformed real world women into princesses in the best Cinderella tradition.

Love, Vale

Silver Member
    I wore the 50s fashions in the 50s. I can remember wearing a strapless sundress and rayon panties. The feel of the breeze blowing the cotton dress was exciting. Petty coats were popular and fun to wear. In the early 60s it was fun to wear the cute dresses like the teen girls in movies. One of my favorite dresses at the time was a red dress with fringe very much like the gal in the beach movie where they sang "The girl with the red dress on". I was lucky enough to be able to wear several outfits similar to Doris Day. In the later part of the 60s I didn't find the minis nearly as exciting. The 70s were fun because I liked the sheer nylon dresses. I've found every decade had good and bad women's attire.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 03-28-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Aspiring Member
    As far as fashion, party dresses from the 50s are to die for. Crinolines, stockings and all that. More I look at them, the more I long to dance in them. Even if they're outdated for my generation.

That again being said, I feel there's nothing better than the comfort of modern fashion in the here and now. Sure, the frills and lace and satin and arguably inherent femininity are gone, but I feel very comfortable wearing today's daily wear (at the expense of appearance if you will).