Thread: Update on my life

Update on my life

I haven't been posting here in a while and I have been busy with stuff, but here is a little taste of my life. I just broke up with my girlfriend of 3.5 years, which sucks. We had issues; communication, intimacy, and ability to set boundaries. One of the things that she had an issue of was my crossdressing. I tried to be honest with her, but it was just a facet of me that she did not like. I primary fear was that I would eventually transition to be a full woman. I tried my best to tell her otherwise, but psychological she could not get over that fact.

On an interesting note, I actually opened up (came out?) to my good friend. I told her the extent of my crossdressing and she was really supportive. I know that it is nice to have an online community, but it is really positive to have someone who knows you validate that you aren't a freak/abomination. She even mentioned the show on amazon Transparent

I am going to try to be positive and spend sometime focusing on myself. I told my friend that I was thinking about going for a transformation service and she seemed excited for me. I am happy that I can be honest about myself and while she is not a significant other, but a good friend and I was able to be honest about who I am.
    Last edited by katlee; 03-23-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Glad you have a friend to confide in, Katlee- that makes such a difference. I enjoyed Transparent too.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Gone to live my life
    Hi Katlee,

Sorry to hear about your GF. It is nice to read you are finding your way and having a friend to share that journey is a great thing. Thanks for the update.

Hugs

Isha

Natalie, sorry about the GF, but it seems you are doing good.
    Happy for you and your friend, support is awesome.
    Enjoy the transformation.
    Hugs

Sorry to hear about your break up - sometimes what feels like a bad thing is actually the right thing to happen, you just don't necessarily know it right away...

But good to hear you have a friend who accepts and supports - that's great news!

Can't help but think about what 'Transparent' is doing for our CD sorority though - I'm sure it's a sensitive and supportive approach to transitioning TS, but doesn't it leave all the muggles that watch it believing that every crossdresser will transition again? I suppose I should watch it before casting opinions... just thinking though...

Have fun with the transformation if you do it...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I hope things go well for you and sorry about the breakup.

Platinum Member
    Sorry bout the break up. If there is a silver lining, it's the relationship had issues that couldn't be resolved. Better now than when marriage and kids are involved. I applaud your decision to focus some time on yourself and I glad you've found a friend to confide it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm sorry to hear of the break up. However you were honest about your cross dressing and that is a positive. Also i'm pleased that you have a female friend in whom you can confide. You are not a freak or an abomination so please, please do not think of yourself that way.Good luck.

Katlee,
    The breakup though heartbreaking is probably a good thing.
    Three and a half year is a long time but if you can't resolve it there is time to find an accepting partner.
    All the best.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for your warm thoughts everyone. I am on a roller coaster of emotions right now and I spend a lot of time mentally hiding in my Nat persona. She didn't get broken up with and still loves life...
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    Breaking up with a person is always a little tough. The silver lining in the dark cloud is the fact her emotions played out before marriage and kids.

I agree with the others. I was in a similar place a few years ago. The breakup made me sad for a while, but it was better in the end. Best wishes!

Natalee, glad to hear of your personal support friend. I hope some day to open up to my female friend as well who I think will be supportive.

Hi Natalie,
    so sorry to hear about the break up with your GF. At my age I have been through quite a few and they are always devastating at first, but over time the pain does go away and all you remember is the good times.
    I will beg to differ, your friend can be a SO. if she is supportive and understanding and helpful you don't have to be physically involved for someone to be significant to you. We tend to use the phrase for wives and GF's, but it is a general term.
    I am glad you are focusing on yourself and I hope you find your happiness.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Breaking up can be tough i have also been through it .Make the best of it with your friend she seems to be accepting and open minded hope all the best for you
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Katlee, drown your sorrow with a good transformation. Your femme self will be happy. Peace, mel