Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this crossdressing?

Hi all,

When not fully dress I like to go out with leggings and phose, girls flats and coat and kinda thats it. I think I like to push the envelope as a guy and when and if someone comments I answer positively give the just want to be comfortable. Have to be careful tho not to meet people I know but what if I did? So What. HUGGS....Jenn

I am wearing off-black thigh highs, women’s pull-on pants, panties, a short slip and a bra. All the clothes have a raison d’etre: like the thigh highs are better than pantyhose as they are easier to put on and don’t need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and they don’t make indentations as do knee- or calf-high socks; the pull-on pants are much easier to put on than zippered pants; full-cut panties are more comfortable than men’s no fly briefs; the slip is easier to tuck into the pants than cotton undershirts; and the bra keeps the narrow non-adjustable straps on the slip from falling off my shoulders. Is this crossdressing? I think so...
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 04-04-2015 at 11:41 AM.

When I read the initial post on this thread I identified with it instantly. Today I actually went out in my only female item of clothing - black bootcut jeans - for the first time. If you look at the labels inside it does give the game away (Per Una 10R) but that's it as regards stating it is 'female'. The cut of the jeans is better than my male jeans and the fabric is softer so coupled with my brown male shoes which have loud clicking heels and Inspire perfume, today I felt feminine. Downside is that I didn't have time to put my clear nail polish on nor change my bag for the feminine (but just about passes as male!) shoulder bag. Does my post sound a bit strange or sad with my efforts today? I wont be offended if anyone says so, just glad of opinions really. Thanks.

Platinum Member
    Hi Dani, When I dress I want to be as feminine as possible.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Complete Bitch
    I always dress fully or not at all. Mixing with male clothes just does not feel right.

I wear womens jeans and leggings very frequently and I don't consider myself to be crossdressing when I wear them, as I'm not trying to pass as a woman and they don't make me feel particularly feminine. My Mum is very religious and would hit the roof if she knew that I was a crossdresser, yet she is quite happy to buy me jeans from the womens section, which suggests she considers it perfectly acceptable for men to wear womens jeans. When I'm not wearing womens skinny jeans I'd be wearing the male version and there is very little difference in how they are cut.

My wife buys me women's pull-on pants, thigh high nylons and sheer pantyhose, and white cotton panties, so she obviously finds shopping for me in the womens department acceptable.

Crossdressing yes or no aside, going out to clubs en femme most women might be curious but not interested. But dressing androgynously (for example, tight jeans, a silky top but no bra or breast forms, a tiny bit of eye makeup but no or muted lipstick - much more interested. So rock stars are onto something!

^^^ or they assume you are gay
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    I only consider myself engaging in cross dressing if I am striving to appear as a woman. If a person is wearing a garment made for the other sex there can be motives other than "Look at me, I'm passing myself of as a woman." Or, a man. My daughter use to buy men's jeans because women's did not have pockets to haul her stuff around. Joe Nameith wore pantyhose and construction workers also because it kept his legs warm in the cold. Why pay outrageous prices for pantyhose made for men. I wear women's support pantyhose when my legs are really bothering me due to illness. I do not consider that cross dressing or underdressing. I'm just too cheap to buy support hosiery at outrageous prices. I've never considered underdressing to be cross dressing. I tried it several times because some on this site extoll it. I found it rather boring and did not even remember I was underdressing unless I had to pee.

Try these. All are mass-market items in the women’s department, so avoid the outrageous prices of comparable items made for men (if they even exist). The department of origin for suitable attire shouldn't matter. All of them are OK out in public in "boy" mode. Wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal. However, items that most people would comsider to be female items and could be spotted, such as a bra and nylons, are more of a challenge to “hide.”. I have found these items both acceptable and practical:

!) Slacks: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are usually cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally considered a female item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Nylons: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer nylons are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on than pantyhose, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be thrown out when a run becomes apparent.

6) Purse: One cannot usually keep a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in the small side pockets and lack of back pockets that are typical of women’s pants. A “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse or handbag, which can either be worn, carried, or secured in a scooter basket when that is available.

hello,
    it is a very good question
    perhaps the answer is "their not men's clothes or women's clothes - they are my clothes!" (or boots)
    luv J

I wear almost all women's clothing even in male (work) mode. The only exception is a few T-shirts that are male sizes.

I don't consider this to be cross-dressing, though it does give me comfort to know that I'm wearing clothing from that side of the aisle. It was interpreted once as "You cross-dress as a man to go to work." and there is some truth to that.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Dressing in clothing that came from the women's section but is neutral to the point where no one notices is technically cding. Stealth cding perhaps as is under dressing. If it feels better somehow to do so, then do so. I have a pair of men's boot cut jeans my wife says looks like girls jeans. But, they were bought in the jcp men's section and has male number sizing. So I in a way look like I am cding even though I am technically not. It's a MMF isn't it....

I can totally relate to this topic. I've found myself more and more recently trying to "push the boundaries" of what a guy can and cannot wear. at 42, I've just had my ears pierced for the first time and am loving wearing sparkly studs or cute silver hearts etc.. but even before this, I always tend to keep my nails long, buffed and manicured and usually with at least a clear polish on them if not a bit of glitter.. dress down day at work means girl jeans and a "neutral" looking jumper, (although my metallic fleck jumper did get a couple of comments). But I find more and more that i want to wear a cute rhinestone t-shirt or the gorgeous tiger print jacket I have in the wardrobe and to hell with what anyone thinks.

I have been invited to a festival in a couple of weeks, and I intend to go as crossed as possible. Most people will be strangers and the friends I will be with are pretty laid back anyway.

As for whether it is or isn't cross-dressing, personally I prefer to think that it is.. knowing I am "getting away" with wearing a jumpsuit or smart girl trousers and top makes me feel as though my choices are more accepted by society. Yes people notice, and people wonder, but so far I've found very few (except my closest friends) have had the nerve to actually ask about it.

If anyone ever says "are those womens jeans?" the answer is "no, they're mine". If they ask "why are you wearing those?" the answer is "because I like them".. if they ask "are you a crossdresser" then the answer is "yes".

I suppose it would be different if you were deliberately buying female clothes that you felt looked sufficiently masculine/neutral to wear in guy mode then you're not really embracing the opportunity that dressing allows.

My main everyday jacket is a short black girls bomber jacket.. not one person has ever said anything about it. Only 2 people have even mentioned my ears being pierced.. and only 2 comments have ever been made about my jeans.. the simple fact is, as long as the outfit generally looks "normal", a lot of the time people won't actually pay much attention to whether your pants have pockets or a fly.. you can get away with much more than you think.

I have been wearing women's pants with no fly for a couple years, and I don't think anyone noticed. Ditto for suntan thigh highs. Next step is to routinely wear a bra.

I have several pairs of cargo pants or jeans that used to belong to my late wife, and that she had just rolled the cuffs up on so were easy to unroll and make use of myself. They are certainly from the women's department, but aside from looking at the size labels, you can't really tell them apart from the male versions. I also have a lot of unisex t-shirts that she bought for herself, and I use now in male mode. I don't consider wearing those to be 'cross dressing' - even when every outwardly-visible item once came from her closet, and I'm underdressed with panties (my own, not hand-me-downs from her).

My favorite leather jacket, which I obtained decades before I ever dreamed of cross dressing, is from a women's product line. If you look closely you can see it is cut more full in the chest, to accommodate breasts. But worn on a typical male it doesn't scream "girl clothes". I also have a fur lined hooded vest that I bought more recently at Old Navy - again from the girl's section, yet it passes so well as just practical male wear that no one usually notices it.

To me, it isn't cross-dressing unless you are in some way presenting as the opposite gender - wearing breast forms or makeup, or clothing that is obviously for the other gender, like high heeled shoes on a MtF CD.
    Last edited by Ceera; 05-01-2015 at 12:06 PM.