Thread: Enjoying the ride

Enjoying the ride

During my therapy session today I told my analogy of being a passenger on a bus that is driven by a madman with no road map and no destination in mind. I'm sitting in my seat, happily watching the scenery, enjoying every minute of my ride. It seems to more fun with each mile marker. The lack of destination or map doesn't bother me at all. I don't know where I am, where I'm going, or what it will look like when I finally get there.

I said that my easy acceptance of the ride concerns me. I feel as though I ought to be worried, or at least anxious about it.

She disagreed, saying that if I am enjoying the ride, keep riding. Then she said something surprising. She said I gave her a happiness and grin that will last all day long. She said that I am taking baby steps, observing all that is going on around me and within me. When I finally get to my destination I will know how I got there and will be confident that it is where I need to be.

She said that it is often a much better approach than some who keep things bottled up until they explode and dive headlong into transition. They miss out on much of the scenery and may have doubts.

She said she is reluctant to tell patients where they are in the TG space because those patients often skip important steps of self-awareness when they jump directly to the end.

So... here I am, blissfully taking the bus to wherever it goes, living in the moment, and loving it. Anyone want to share this seat with me?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Pardon me , is this seat taken? Wonderful analogy thanks for the picture.
    Following your journey ( or bus trip).
    Hugs

I'm on the bus, no idea where it's going, might take in a few stops en-route!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Beep Beep. Haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa!

Somebody said to me once, "Stop the world, I want to get off".

Many did but I stayed on and continued the ride.

I suggest you are doing likewise.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nice analogy Ms Val, and I think good advice for everyone in terms of it being a tweak on the 'slow and steady' approach... as in: take it that way, but also make sure you don't miss out on the scenery and landmarks - I can empathise with that...

Let me off the stop right after Keanu and Sandra get on though...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My guess is that most of us start this journey completely confused, or at best, clueless. Life can put limits on us, and we might even like them! But as to our femme selves, they are work in progress, sometimes evolving slowly and occasionally at warp speed. The only constant is the change as we learn more about who we are.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Wish I was on a bus instead of this rocket powered roller coaster. But at least it's running out of puff...
    Call me Donna, please

Sounds great, MsVal! I try to live that way, too. Enjoy the ride!
    (I prefer trains to buses though)

That's amazing, those were my wife's life saving words. When I told my wife about my dressing and she wanted me to express myself with her. She instantly seen the guilt and shame and really hard on myself, over and over apologizing for putting this on her plate. She told me to stop being so hard on myself, not to flatter myself I am pretty normal and there are worse things in life, and instead of being so hard on myself, why not just enjoy it and have fun with it and just ride the bus and let's see where it takes us. Almost thirty years later there were a few bumps but we are still riding the bus. Let's buckle down and see where we stop, but I hope we never make that stop and just keep enjoying the ride.

Platinum Member
    Wasn't that the plot for 'Speed' ? If I remember right, the bus will explode if you slow down....so keep moving!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt