Thread: Dressed conclusion

Dressed conclusion

I dress en femme 24/7 and didn't even know it...

Actually that's not true, I sleep naked so only in my waking hours.

Now let me explain, I have been observing GGs around the different towns I deliver in and here's my conclusion.

Nothing is 100% BUT I usually wear jeans, sweatshirt and a fleece with my rubber bottom boots (sneakers when the snow/mud is over). I don't wear a bra unless dressing up.

NOW what I observe, GGs wearing jeans, sweatshirt or sweater with a light or winter jacket and for the most part flat shoes or sneakers. Most have no or very minimal makeup and their hair is usually not real styled (mine is).

I do go by a courthouse and do see some wearing skirts/dresses/heels/blazers.

To summarize I am pretty much at the same level as the GGs, SO en femme is me.

Of course I do like to dress UP when I can.

Just some thoughts. Karen

i like your thoughts, i concur.
    xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Gold Member
    I do not dress out side of my house, (Closet).
    However I do under dress, including panties, bra,(80% of the time)
    and woman jeans. The only items that are "BOY" are my shirt and
    shoes that could be either way. I wear black quick grip that I can
    get in my huge size...14-WWWW because of the inserts I must have.
    In short, I wear what 80% of the GG's average wear today.
    Jeans, top and sneakers.
    So I guess I dress all the time and do not know it.
    Rader

I think that the GG's are missing out on the fun of dressing! If I could I would dress with makeup, high heels, etc to the nines. Today I participted in a athletic compotition. I did well, and when I got home I showered, shaved, and dressed! Currently, I am dressed in a LBD, black patent High heels and fully made up. I go girl!
    Love,Sabrina

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

I dunno 'bout that...

Are the items you're wearing actual items designed and manufactured for a womans body? Any items that are recognizable as women clothing? Is your hair styled in an obviously feminine way? What about your appearance qualifies as 'en femme'?

Anyone can wear jeans, shirts/sweaters, and sneakers. But do your jeans have tiny front pockets, ride low, or have obviously feminine designs on the rear pockets? If no, what makes them womens jeans? Are your sneakers bright pink, or sparkly? Does your shirt fit you a little more closely than a guys shirt? (like tight enough to see your shape) All of these items can be worn by both genders, but they are designed, cut, and fit differently on their intended gender. Just because they are named the same, does not make them womens clothing.

I'm also not saying that women can't wear loose fitting clothing,... sure they can. Comfort can be important too. But the less you can see of their actual shape, the less feminine the clothing (and their appearance) becomes. If your goal is to look like a woman who likes to wear loose, genderless clothing, then fine. You have succeeded. Now, would someone mistake you for a woman dressed like this?

Same with makeup. Sure, lots of women don't wear much, or any makeup. But are you telling me that without makeup you would mistake them for men? Even while wearing clothes that hide their shape? Highly unlikely. The have naturally feminine faces, and makeup is not required for anyone to discern their gender. On the other hand (and I'll speak for myself here) if I don't wear any makeup, it wouldn't matter how firmly tucked, or how much padding, shapewear, and obviously feminine clothes I have going on, there would be no mistaking that I am male. (provided that you could see my face)

If it makes you feel good to see it your way, don't let me take anything away from you. But simply telling yourself that you're en femme because you're wearing (pretty much) unisex clothing items... I dunno... sounds more like you're pretending to be en femme.
    Last edited by Tracy Hazel Lee; 03-24-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I'm saying probably but am guessing a lot on here will debate you over that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hazel Lee View Post
    Are the items you're wearing actual items designed and manufactured for a womans body? Any items that are recognizable as women clothing? Is your hair styled in an obviously feminine way? What about your appearance qualifies as 'en femme'?
    There are rules?

The OP clearly seems to be joking, but if anyone feels they are en femme I don't think they have to pass a test -- they just have to feel that way. It seems pointless to be flaunting social convention only to run afoul of the conventions of a smaller society.

Platinum Member
    I suppose one could be stealth dressing...by wearing women's jeans and shoes, maybe a very neutral top, like a sweatshirt. I know I often wear women's jeans when I can't present fully en femme...but it doesn't really mitigate the feeling that I'm presenting as a male. Now let me wear the same clothes, but with a shaper, bra and forms, make up and a wig and I will feel right at home again.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    Unfortunately, text communication leaves too much to interpretation to be clearly understood 100% of the time.

I didn't see any happy faces after any sentences... I didn't pick up on any jokes... My bad, I guess. And I certainly wasn't implying that there are rules of any kind... Just trying to figure out, based on what was written, how it could be considered 'en femme' if there are no obvious (external) cues.

Although it wasn't mentioned, I guess ones personality and/or behavior could be portrayed in such a way that would have them acting/feeling en femme. Maybe even to anyone observing them, regardless of what they are wearing. I've just never heard the term used in any other way but to describe the clothing and/or appearance of the person. Consider though, that acting in a way that society would consider feminine, while wearing what could be considered unisex clothing (and I mean this with absolutely no disrespect to anyone) is only going to make them appear gay to most people. This is an unfortunate stereotype, but it's most likely how people will react.

And if all it takes is something you are feeling and/or thinking about, then why couldn't we say that we are always en femme? I think about girly stuff all the time when I am not dressed, but I would never consider myself en femme in those moments.
    Last edited by Tracy Hazel Lee; 03-24-2015 at 07:14 PM.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Sorry but I don't see it at all. And if I was a GG, I would pretty much always wear skirts, dresses, and of course makeup. I just think that it is just the way I am. Like now, was just watching HSN and they were showing a long lace dress that you can wear out to dinner or even over a bathing suit by the pool, so pretty, gotta have it. I don't wear jeans unless I am in the boy mode and I don't feel like I am wearing anything en femme except the panties that I have on underneath. Then as soon as I get home sometimes, get into a dress and feel so much better. Love my breast forms and bras as well.
    I think that it is the makeup, lipstick, earrings, all that stuff that does it for me.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Everyone! Read it for what it is... Insert tongue in cheek. I would prefer ALL girls dress more >up<. I do see some in quite nice clothing and beautiful makeup as well as hair (even though I am not crazy about straight flat hair).
    My observations are obviously what I see no more or less. Just the facts ma'am.

Tracy Hazel Lee, My hair is a chin length spiral perm. My basic appearance is the same as many I see about. I am fairly small (sz 10) and have been mistaken for female on a few occasions even though I don't see it.
    Do I like dressing to the 9s. Oh girl do I!
    As far as pretending. Isn't that really what we all are doing? No offense intended toward anyone.

And,

Karen

Interesting , kinda seems like it's a bit of flame bait. Guess we'll see😄

You will succeed with observations like that.

You do not have to overdress to get by.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 03-26-2015 at 08:29 PM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiekat View Post
    Interesting , kinda seems like it's a bit of flame bait. Guess we'll see��
    No flame bait here... but I will speak my mind (as should everyone anyway).

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    You will succeed with observations like that.

You do not have to overdress to get by.
    Thank you, thank you. thank you!

Karen
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-27-2015 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

The CD/TG/M2F manual clearly states in Chapter 4, page 7, paragraph 5 sub section 9, sub paragraph 3, bullet point 9 ooh wait.
    better add one of these

Quote Originally Posted by charlenesomeone View Post
    The CD/TG/M2F manual clearly states in Chapter 4, page 7, paragraph 5 sub section 9, sub paragraph 3, bullet point 9 ooh wait.
    better add one of these
    HaHa better add 2...

Karen