Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you pluck your brows?

Very Nice!

all i have to say is "Sweeet"! Looks great Amanda and i wouldn't worry too much unless you pencil them. Guys probably won't notice as much as GG's will...gals notice Everything when it comes to details like that...but will probably only smile and not say anything.
    ...touching them up will give you away, for sure...but when dressed, that's what you want!
    *hugs*

Thanks for the nice comments, all, Im definitly keepin em for a while. I just dont really care anymore what people think. Besides im big enough to kick most peoples asses!

Silver Member
    I have them waxed and plucked every time I get a haircut (about every six weeks) and pluck them in between if needed.

I get mine waxed about every 3 weeks. At first I was nervouse about asking for a feminine shape and style. I have now gotten to the point of showing a photo of how I want them done. So far no one has said a word about them or doing them.

Yes this thin and this shape.

Amanda your eyebrows look really nice, no way would I change them if mine looked that good. I don't think many people will look at your brows and think that you are a CD, they do look very feminine in the pic, but I doubt if anybody will comment when you are in drab.

I get mine waxed every time I get my hair cut.

What Me Worry
    I have been slowly tweezing my brows to get more shape and definition trying for a cross between feminine and manly.

Gold Member
    Funny during my make over today Shirly that great gal that did asked if I plucked mine, and I don't, guess im one of the lucky ones there.

Just a little update, Today both my ex-wife and good friend whom I havent seen In about 2 weeks saw me today, and didnt say anything about my brows. So I guess its settled, Im keepin em!

Gold Member

It looks very nice. I also pluck my eye brows pretty slim but leave the individual hairs a little longer so I can muss them up for male mode.

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-31-2006 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda420
    Ive plucked my brows a little in the past, but the other day I went a little over board and pretty mych took my brows WAY out of the realm of manhood. Of course this did improve my look, but I still feel nervous about them. I would love to keep the this way, but Im not sure. What do you think?

the thing i've notice...

you can get away with plucking your brows if you go metrosexual in your drab mode. People just expect it and don't question it. You might get the "is he gay?" but if you have a girlfriend/wife then its just "he's a pretty boy"

Haley Pink~
    http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/ame...OVMTC=standard

Eye brow stencil is the way to go!
    Haley
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a little update, Today both my ex-wife and good friend whom I havent seen In about 2 weeks saw me today, and didnt say anything about my brows. So I guess its settled, Im keepin em!
    Amanda, I doubt you will answer this, as you have ignored or side-stepped every question I have asked you so far - but why would you care what your ex-wife thinks? Are you saying if she had commented negatively on your brows, you would change them for an ex?
    Last edited by DanaJ; 02-05-2006 at 09:14 AM.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    why would you care what your ex-wife thinks? Are you saying if she had commented negatively on your brows, you would change them for an ex?
    Sorry if I didnt reply to another comment made, I try to resond to everyone,but im still kinda new to this. I dont think I would change them but, I thought for sure if anyone would say something negative, it would be her. Maybe since I bleached them its not as noticable as I seem to think.

I only asked because you stated in post #53
    I just dont really care anymore what people think. Besides im big enough to kick most peoples asses!
    - so that is why I asked why it mattered what the ex thought.....

Oh - and can we please keep the macho BS out of the forum please? Thanks
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleyPink2000
    http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/ame...OVMTC=standard

Eye brow stencil is the way to go!
    Haley
    There is some thing for ever thing in this world

Eyebrows...

Even if I was not a crossdresser I think I would pluck my eyebrows, unless of course I was some sort of genius inventor, but I think that goes without saying...
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Lots of nice brows! I pluck and wax mine. without maintenance they spread down onto my upper eyelids (fine little hairs) and straggle out to the sides. I, too felt I got carried away one night, but no one mentioned it, even my gf, who comments. I also pluck out any white hairs (which resulted in my gf insisting that I had left mascara on), and I remove some very coarse black hairs which have started to infest my brows with age. My ex of thirty years didnt comment when we met a month ago, so I guess as long as you maintain the natural shape of your brows, people dont really notice if you are grooming them. Mine are about half the width they would be without trimming. I like the wax because it removes ALL the hairs, even the little light coloured ones, and leave a really nice clean brow. It is tricky, though, and if someone can help you with it, I recommend it.

I think your eyebrows look great, but if you have close friends or a girl friend or wife, they will all notice, particularly if you have had bushy eyebrows. I keep mine toned down, and my wife protests, but I can't seem to stop myself. My coworkers have never mentioned it, though I'm sure they must have noticed, particularly when they see pictures of me when I was younger and had very bushy eyebrows. I'd love to have brows like yours. I'd keep them that way if it were me and I was already there. It's getting there that is tough. Congrats!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

Angel eyes

Hi Amanda,

Mine are also plucked. Even though I think it's pretty obvious, no one has said a thing to me, even at work. Here's a close up picture of my brows in guy mode and no make up!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 02-05-2006 at 05:34 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

for sure

i started tweezing my eyebrows at age 18 and have never stoped ever since.
    at first i think i made them too thin but now i think they look great. some may still think they are too thin but who cares what they think if i'm happy.
    the fist few comments were " you look asian" and "you look like a girl haha"
    I'm like HAHA thats the point dork.

Amanda -

Great brows ... beautiful skin! I try to keep mine under control by selectively plucking the "Andy Rooney" ones. You look terrific!

Hello Amanda
    Your eye brows look great,,,you can help me with mine. Im like you , took mine more and more fem,,No one has every said a word

Finally found you guys dawnmcdaniels's Avatar
    They look just fine...a clean look is in. I keep mine about the same and get them done at a salon every 2 weeks. Now that you got them ...flaunt them. People will not think your gay as long as you keep shaving and your hair cut they will think its just good grooming.
    [SIZE="6"]47.9623 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot !!![/SIZE]