Thread: What Katie did next ....

What Katie did next ....

Hi

It's been over two years since I joined this forum and during that time I have grown to be comfortable with who I am. My confidence has also increased which has led to my first outing.

I've never left the house dressed and the only person who knows is my wife, although she has never seen me dressed. Anyway I have a CD bucket list and one of the thing on it was to go to a personal shopper.

Well yesterday was the day. I had a few email conversations with Tamara in preparation for the visit so she was for warned. She told me to bring a few of my favourite items, underwear etc, so travel case packed I set out for London. I arrived about an hour early so spent a pensive time walking around the shopping mall.

The allotted time arrived so it was now or never. Head down I walked into the store and up to the personal shopper office. I needn't have worried. Tamara was brilliant. After an initial chat we went to the the private changing rooms. Whilst I dressed she went to find some outfits.

On her return her first comment was 'great legs' which made me feel really happy. She complimented me on my outfit and we set to work trying on different styles, cuts, patterns, colours etc to find out what suited me best. During that time we chatted about Cding as she was interested to find out more. She has drag king and queen friends and it was interesting for her to understand what I do from a different perspective. Anyway the two hours flew by but I wasn't finished. She'd booked me two 2 hour slots with an hour break between so I could rest and recuperate! We'd talked make up and she'd arranged for one of the beauty consultants to come up to do a foundation match. After that was done we talked more about make up and she said that as I was still experimenting then I'd be better buying some cheaper make up to practice with.

Bless her, she loves make up so the two of us set off for Boots (drug store) where she helped find me all the make up I'd need to get going. Eye liners, mascara, lip stick, lip pencil, colour palettes for contouring, blusher, cover up etc. It was fantastic and something I could never have done on my own. We went for a coffee and another chat before returning to the store for another two hours dressing.

I did spend quite a bit on clothes but it was well worth it and I'm now sitting here typing in my new red blouse, leather pencil skirt and leopard print courts!

I can't recommend her enough. My first time dressing in front of a total stranger was a breeze. I've got a great new wardrobe of clothes the fit me perfectly and a whole load of new make up to play with. I've got a new friend and someone I'll be visiting frequently to keep my wardrobe up to date.

Tamara works for Debenhams at Westfields in London. If anyone wants her details then please PM me. She's really keen to help anyone in the CD/TG community, she's a real treasure.

Katie

Well done Katie.
    You been out once what did you think of it with the wind blowing around your skirt, so when the next time today or tomorrow ?.

Carolyn xx

Katie, Sounds like you had a wonderful time and I glad that you were comfortable. Did your wife know that you were going to see the personal shopper?

hi katie,
    kudos to you for getting that off of the list,
    sounds like a perfect way to ease yourself into the outside,
    might try to look up something out my way to get out there....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hi Alwayshave

I have a DADT relationship. My wife knows I buy clothes. This time I got a little more help! At some point, if I decided to go out in the big wide world i.e. out of the closet (changing room) then I think I'd need to have that conversation with her. It was a big step to open up to someone else about my dressing but she was cool with it. She is 25 and far more accepting of gender issues than many older people. As I said she has drag queen friends as well as gay friends who often wear a dress.

Katie

Hi Mikell

I was so easy in the end. She put me right at ease and it was as if we'd been friends for years. I felt I could talk candidly with her. She only knew me as Katie so didn't feel compromised in anyway. Privacy is important to me so this was a perfect solution. I had thought of a dressing service before but I get that plus a whole new wardrobe for the same price!

Katie
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-26-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Wow Katie, thats a great story. Well done you. Makes me feel a little jealous though...you're sure Debenhams doesn't have a store in Amsterdam where Tamara would occasionally go to? I'd make an appointment right away!!

Sounds great - a very good personal shopper and kind too

fabulous Katie, sounds well worth the visit, and well done.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Sounds awesome and fun!

I agree shopping with a companion assists greatly in any fears you may have by being alone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Katie, I hope that you are still in your femme afterglow. So glad you got to let Katie out to have fun

Thanks for all your comments.

Tamara wanted ideas on how she could improve her service for CD clients. What sort of help and advice they would need so that she can tailor a specific package. If anyone has any ideas or feedback let me know.

At the meeting she commented on my wig and said she thought a different style would be more flattering. I sent her a link to the site I bought it form and she went through and recommended styles that would be better. she's been a real star and I fully intend to stay in touch an ego back for more appointments - a girl has to keep up with the fashions

Katie

Hi Katie,
    It sounds like you had a fantastic time. Tamara sounds like a real star.
    Judith

hi katie, i just came from the gallery and could not find your picture thread about your outing .....its nice to share
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hi Mikell

One step at a time . I've got practice with all the makeup she helped me buy. I've never really taken the time to get it right and it's always so confusing by the whole array of products. To have someone there buying what I needed was fantastic. She love make up so really enjoyed helping me.

Katie

Sounds like you had a great time. I don't think I'd have the nerve to do it so well done you!

I'm so pleased it worked out so well for you Katie as I know you have waited for ages for it to come round.
    Michelle

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    Hi Katie .
    Well you finally got to do it !! well done .
    So tell me is it as addictive as I said it would be ? ok when are you going again ? and will you be wearing any of your new outfits next time , I really am so pleased for you congratulations Katie x.

Hi Katie,

Got a few more things to crack before I have the confidence to stride out the closet but it's a big start.

Hi Sarah,

Never thought I'd have the nerve either. I had a few email conversations with Tamara first which really helped put me at ease. I knew what her attitude was and that she really wanted to help which made it a lot easier. All done in the name of Katie so confidentiality maintained and London was far enough away from home not to be a problem.

Katie

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

It sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

That sounds great, what a good idea a personal shopper

Nice one Katie!

In my fantasies I wonder what it would be like to go take the wife's credit card for a spin rather than vice versa.... And that would seem the most inappropriately appropriate way of doing it...

Thanks for sharing a great experience...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Wow, that really sounds like fun. I'm glad you had a great time, I would love to do that some time.
    It sounds like it if fun and very worthwhile.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Banned Read only
    Your shopping trip experience seemed to go very professionally. I can only assume a personal shopper for a cross dresser would want to work in a secure environment for her own safety. Once that is assured you're only a customer with the same needs as any woman. Over the years I've noticed on occasion small signs in windows of small dress shops that indicate the shop is transgender friendly. There was also a news article in the local newspaper with the female owners of a women's resale shop that they welcomed cross dressers. I guess one could call it "nicht" marketing.