View Poll Results: How out are you? (Those who post face pics)

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the way - everyone I know knows about me.

12 5.97%
  • Mostly out - some don't know.. but I might tell them.

29 14.43%
  • Not really out - only my closest friends know.

83 41.29%
  • Closeted - nobody but the cat knows.

77 38.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting your face

Posting your face

Howdy folks..

Just curious - those of you who have posted your face, what's your level of being out? I don't think I could ever actually do it. I've been curious of the reactions I would get, but I'm way too worried about who might see it, copy it, pass it around, you name it... heck I could show up on a google search or something - call me paranoid...

-- KP

is it me?

posting my face isnt too bothering as I am always wearing a wig, makeup and usually earrings. however my makeup must cover facial scars, i have a few at my eye from an accident. that would be a true tell as they say in poker. look into your mirror and see who you are and if you are him do not post, if you are her, please do share with friends only if you are comfortable

Well Im not that popular of a guy so I dont really worry about it! Besides, If someone you know "stumbled" upon this or any site you show your fem self on, you gotta ask that person why they were on crossdressers.com to begin with!

i would show my face if i knew how to get the pix on the comp

Good question...

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve
    posting my face isnt too bothering as I am always wearing a wig, makeup and usually earrings. however my makeup must cover facial scars, i have a few at my eye from an accident. that would be a true tell as they say in poker. look into your mirror and see who you are and if you are him do not post, if you are her, please do share with friends only if you are comfortable

Although I think I look very different.. I still recognize myself.. but I'm not sure if anyone else would! Tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Reso
    i would show my face if i knew how to get the pix on the comp
    You use a scanner for paper prints, or you get a digital camera that can load images on directly

im getting a scanner soon so ill have to find a way to get cd photos of me

I only post it here. My wife knows I crossdress, and a very few people know as well, but I don't advertise it. She has never to my knowledge seen a picture of me dressed, and she doesn't come onto this site. As far as I know, no one knows I'm here except for all of you.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

GypsyKaren
    I'm out pretty much everywhere except at work, and that will soon change. I really don't worry about someone seeing my picture here and setting up a picket line in front of my house.

GypsyKaren

I'm only out to Holly, but since my parents have passed, I really don't care if any of my other family, or friends find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda420
    Well Im not that popular of a guy so I dont really worry about it! Besides, If someone you know "stumbled" upon this or any site you show your fem self on, you gotta ask that person why they were on crossdressers.com to begin with!
    My sentiments exactly, to the very word!

My hubby has had a website since roughly 1997, when we married in 1999 I also started showing my face online on his site as well. In all the years, me a gg, has been plastered all over our site, published in the book "My Husband betty", and I am sure cut and pasted on others sites as well, I have yet to get "recognized" either on the street, or by people outside of the local cd community.

Basically I have found unless people are in the know they don't know. And my avatar, that is me, it is not a fake photo, or retouched, or anything other than me. I think gg's who show their face have much more to worry about than cd's. I mean you are in disguise, we are not.

But I do sympathize with the paranoia. And a little paranoia is a GOOD THING when you are not out to your spouse.

I'm out to all who I care about. Any others, I don't care.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

The only one that knows is my fiance. I really am almost at a point with my CDing that I don't care about who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    My feelings exactly.

Kim

Yeah that's how I feel.

Posting your face

Hi all,
    Some of you seem so strong, I wish I didn't care who knew or even that my wife just knew. That would be good enough if she just knew. I'm scared to death of her finding out. It might just destroy us. Someday it will happen, and I'll be out. LOL, I'll need it. Gwen

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    As Kathy GG said, we're effectively in disguise so I'm not that worried -- but if happens, it happens.

For what it's worth, I showed my avatar photos around at my hair salon as my "Halloween outfit" and people said they never would've guessed it was me (although some folks said they thought it was my sister). Of course it could just be flattery, but one of the stylists who doesn't know me didn't believe it at first when she was told and was convinced it was my girlfiend.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Smile

Quote Sharon: "I'm out to all who I care about. Any others, I don't care."

I have the same sentiments as Sharon and Kim has the same feeling, thanks for the wording Sharon, you made it easy for us.

I even have printed cards with my avatar on them, the very one you see here. I've also posted my picture here, dressed but without makeup or a wig. (I'm prettier with a wig and makeup) :cheeky:

Ricki B
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon

Reminds me of the quote by John Wayne, when he was catching flak for having filmed "The Green Berets" in which he said ~ "I seekthe love of my family and the admiration of my friends! The rest can go to Hell!"

better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not?

learned that from a country song, we know how open and liberal those guys are

anyway i doubt ANYone knows. I would be surprised to find out if anyone did. sometimes i feel like telling people, but its oddly easier to trust people ive never met than it is to tell people i know.

Besides, If someone you know "stumbled" upon this or any site you show your fem self on, you gotta ask that person why they were on crossdressers.com to begin with!
    Ditto to that, my friend.

I'm out to a couple of my closest friends, and they have seen me dressed and said they wouldn't have recognized me this way so I dont worry about it. Besides I am becomming more comfortable and going out dressed more and more. I think in a year or two I may not even care. It is just who I am. I cannot change it. I have tried in the past, but it keeps me comming back. Now my wife has known for just over a year, and is becomming more accepting. My family knows other than my dad. (he is one who I am afraid to tell the most) Those at work well they dont know, but they have seen me go through alot of changes. Clear polish on my nails, shaved body, and ears pierced in the last year. I think some may have suspisions, but that doesnt bother me.
    I am who I am.

I'm fine with posting my femme pics on here, as long as they aren't just below my male pics and people can put two and two together (though many on here have in a "before/after" thread, which I gave big credit to.

Wouldn't have with my guy pic. It was the first time i saw Carla myself, and i am proud of her.