Thread: Didn't know whether to be offended or appreciated

Didn't know whether to be offended or appreciated

At the suggestion of some friends I recently posted a profile on a kink dating site. The main reason was that I had attended some kink events with these friends and found that people who had site profiles and registered via the site got, in some cases, a significant discount.

Anyway, my original profile, which I had created as a female (seemed appropriate in a binary choice being a full time M2F transperson), was suspended by the site, with a link to their rules page, which stated that pre-op transpeople needed to register as their birth gender.

Not very progressive of them was my first thought, but their site, their rules, so I registered the same profile as a male. However, I noticed after a few days that the pictures I had uploaded, both public and private, had been disallowed and I eventually received an email stating that they were inappropriate for the site.

Now given the site has pictures of naked body parts in plain view, my pictures, which were all of me, clothed (more or less) with the most racy ones being a few full body lingerie shots that were, at worst PG13.

So I re-upload the pictures and change a few to make them straight G rated, and a few days later get an email telling me they were inappropriate and not to upload them again.

So I upload one picture of me, taken by some friends at a restaurant, standing alone wearing a LBD. I get an unapproved email and a link to their rules page. The rule they linked me to was one that said individual profiles were only permitted to upload pictures of the person the profile is for.

It dawns on me that since I do my best never to look like a guy in a dress (not easy when you are 6'5") they are presuming that all of the photos I have tried to post are of some woman, not me.

I send an email to customer service explaining this. I get a form letter in response, pointing to the rules page. I send another email, with links to the same pictures on one of my web servers, including an additional one showing me holding up a card with the date on it and explain the problem in detail.

Two days later I get a personal email telling me to upload my pictures again and that they would be approved ASAP.

While I was annoyed during the process it's been fairly funny to relate it back to my friends. C'est la vie.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Wow, you certainly want to be on their site! My attention span would have run out lon
    I used to have a short attention spa

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    wow, good for you!

Persistence pays off.
    I did not walk at Harvard, Princeton or Yale.
    But if you examine my record.
    You shall see I've earned a PhD
    In the art of the fail.
    FMS

It appears that kink has more restraints than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeArel View Post
    It appears that kink has more restraints than normal.
    Wouldn't that depend on your kink?

They sound a bit uptight and noninclusive. I know there lot's of trans people in the kink world so maybe you should look for a friendlier site.

Gold Member
    Sounds like way to much work for what you are trying to get.
    Stick with us, we all like you and will not delete you.
    Rader

It all comes back to the flexibility of some of the application programs some sites use.

A lot of admins still wear blinkers and suffer from tunnel vision.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well Kali, I guess you should take it as an compliment. I don't know what this site is or what the draw to it is, but I am kind of with Nikki, I would have lost interest and move on.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Wouldn't that depend on your kink?
    Funny as heck😀