Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My husband Betty

My wife actually gave me the book. She has always been supportive and helpful in my journey. She gave me another book called Gender Outlaw that was funny and informative

My Husband Wears My Clothes vs My Husband Betty

So is my verdict:

I liked My Husband Wears My Clothes, it is a good book and did do good to advocating for crossdressing, making people better understand it. Dr. Rudd is very clearly describing the desire and relief part as well as crossdressing being part of the totality of the individual’s personality. It is also an easier reading then My Husband Betty, being less blunt and avoiding risky, but otherwise very important questions. These include transitioning (the slippery slope theory) with the whole time axis, meaning gender identity evolving over time, plus she limits practically observations to happily married 100% definite heterosexual crossdressers, denying different blends and combinations on the sex-gender-sexual orientation axis. Theories in Betty can be scientifically substantiated, some in My Husband Wears My Clothes cannot. Betty reflects on coping with crossdressing with an equal and emancipated view, while My Husband Wears My Clothes will through a gender view, women have already moved away from decades ago. Despite all said, both books have great merits and deserve to be read and embraced, but my vote is clearly My Husband Betty as first reading to you or your SO, because even if it is more risky, it relates to our world in a more precise and current way.

Read the full review here: http://femidity.ch/articles/view-ema...i-emancipated/

Kisses,

Detty

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You might want to read "Hung in the middle" by Alana Nicole Sholar and "My husband looks better in lingerie than I do dammit " by Bobbie Thompson.
    Both are friends of mine and wonderful people.
    Its their stories about gender discovery.

Banned Read only
    I liked "My Husband Betty", and the sequel, "She's not the man I married."

My ex-wife wouldn't read either of them, or really anything else.

I cried reading both books. I saw where it was going really fast. I felt really bad for Helen. I've talked to her a couple of times. Last time I checked, she and Betty were still hanging in there.The first book is OK, it really does discuss a lot of the possible outcomes for CDs. The only negative to the books is that Helen and Betty's story is the worst case scenario for spouses of a CD.

I'm actually quite sad right now, just thinking about this.

Maybe it's better that it is this way. If a spouse is of a mind to bail when the going gets tough, well, perhaps its better for all concerned if that happens quickly? So telling her "this can be hard" is fair warning.

To me reading Betty and getting to understand "worst case" scenarios actually were revelating and helpful. Knowing what could happen helps you understand the situation better and make more conscious decisions. Everything else is half truth, which is easier to digest, but will not really protect you on your way. When I am riding my motorbike, I always remind myself what could happen. It makes me a concious rider. Betty made me a conscious dresser.