Thread: Out to my partner last year.

Out to my partner last year.

Well hi everyone I have been away for sometime from the site but I am back now. I came out to my partner last year this actually went really well and we share a lot more things including my make up. I am able to dress when I want and she helps me out when needed and takes quite a lot of interest really she is one in a million and very accepting of my dressing even enjoying the fun we have. Shopping is great fun also as we are always looking for things for each other life couldn't be better to be honest except that I am starting to realize and have thought for sometime that I am transgendered this will be a whole different story I am sure. I have told her all about my dressing and showed her all my stuff once I started to tell her it just all came out easily it is so different now that she knows life became so much less complicated and easier.

So all is well in my world except that as each day passes I feel it is wasted another day gone that I have only partially realized my dreams. I am so so grateful for having such a great partner she really is the best nothing is to much trouble for her and what's best is we have fun dressing up and getting outfits looks and make up to work why can I just not be happy with that.

Platinum Member
    Can't answer that last question, really. I suppose that like many of us, you hid not only from others, but also from yourself. And now that you enjoy a new openness, your beginning to see opportunities that once seemed impossible. Perhaps, as the experience become more routine, you'll settle into a comfortable pattern. And maybe you'll find you need to take it further....only time will tell.

Now, about feeling regrets or dissatisfaction, this can be counter balanced by practicing some basic cognitive therapy techniques. For example, each time you find yourself lamenting partially realized dreads, say to yourself STOP. (Aloud if necessary) and repeat a simple affirmative, like 'I have more than I ever imagined possible' or I am so thankful my wife supports me. You can literally train yourself to think positively and be happy with what you now have.

Btw, that doesn't preclude more growth...it merely allows you to control your mood.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

GG/SO of a CD
    I remember talking you through that lasy year Sami. I am glad it went well. Being TS is different. And I think that its not always about you not being happy, but maybe not being fulfilled.

You have only been out to her for a year. I would meet with a gender therapist and be sure that you are TS before having that discussion with her. Thats a lot really fast, and she might be okay with it, or it might be too much to handle.

My advice is to be sure before you make that life changing announcement.
    ~Greenie

Supportive wife to a wonderful man who just so happens to like to be fabulous some times.

Yes you did Greenie it went really well thank you so much for all your support you were fantastic.

Sami,
    You have that longing feeling about transitioning and it is a what if feeling, think about the other what if?

If I stay the way I am and continue in this relationship it may be a better deal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Sami,
    You have that longing feeling about transitioning and it is a what if feeling, think about the other what if?

If I stay the way I am and continue in this relationship it may be a better deal.
    Well I will be moving very slowly and taking in what I have at the moment it's all a lot to deal with all the time but I am enjoying being free with my dressing.