Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody cry easily?

Anybody cry easily?

I a m a very "happy go lucky" person. Usually very happy, love life. But I have noticed lately that when I see something very sad on t.v. or even something very happy, I am running to get a kleenex. I have always had a big heart but it seems that the woman inside me is coming out more the older I get. And I am really o.k. with that too. Can't be in the female mode all the time but it feels really good knowing that my female side is right there too.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

you bought the idea that men cannot be emotional?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yes in girl mode very easy to get emotional.
    LOL Stephi

yes, i always have ... films would get me going.
    still happens nowadays
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Lori,
    No I didn't buy into that. Have always cared about other people, but it just seems like when I am in the girl mode, that it always was more likely to happen, but even in the guy mode, it has been happening more in the last few years and I am o.k. with that too. In fact it kind of makes me feel better about myself.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm a blubber in all modes, always have been and always will be. In fact, I make Blubber Bear from the Arkansas Chuggabug look like a bear in control of his emotions.

However, I like me and live with my little curse. I'd rather that, than be the emotion free zone that my dad was.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Oh Yeah ,
    I've always been emotional and the tears come in both happy and sad times in my life , I do know that the more stressed I am the more likely I am to be emotional over most anything .
    Being emotional and sensitive are not bad qualities to have and I've learned not to be embarrassed if someone doesn't know how to handle it if I happen to cry in front of them .

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I've always been emotional at certain things especially movies I don't think it has anything to do with my fem side but I suppose it's possible

I often well up at emotional movies. I think more so now that I accept my feminine side.

It's happened more and more since ive started letting my feminine side come out and I have no problem what so ever with it.

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    When I see or hear something sad I sometime cry. Like for movies or a story. I dont know if its my fem side showing through or if it's just me!

Both my father and my grandfather (who lived with us when I was in school) were very unemotional, that was my example of what a man was. However, now I cry when watching something sad of TV and my wife will be dry-eyed, go figure!

Hugs, Bria

I can relate to this, I've always found it hard to hold back the tears when I watch emotional movies etc. I had always thought it makes me look soft, but I don't care now, there's nothing wrong with showing your emotions as far as I'm concerned, but I suppose I've always had a softer side underneath anyway.

I can be quite emotional but the last few days have been really bad. We lost our old dog last week at the age off 13.5 years and every time I think off her the tears well up.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Not easily.

For most of my life, I have always been very numb to emotional situations. Not to say that I have never cried, it just doesn't happen frequently. And it's not because I won't allow it. I actually wish I could cry more easily. I truly believe that if I was a more emotional person, I would have made some different decisions throughout my life... But only certain experiences are capable of bringing me to tears, and they are usually something huge. I don't think my fem side has any say in the matter either. I don't feel any different towards what might make me emotional when I'm dressed.

Now, it might be an age related thing, but I have felt that becoming a father has made me more emotional than anything else I have experienced. Not sure why... But that unconditional bond that has formed between us has changed my brain somehow. I swear that since having him, I have become more sensitive to emotional situations.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Banned Read only
    a sad story,or a very emotional movie has always wiped me out. my dad wondered about me,and worried about me til one day he seen me handle a situation and never worried about me afterwards.

Platinum Member
    No, not really. But then neither did my mother, nor most of the significant women in my life. We Scandinavians are not known for being very demonstrative.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Back in 1970 when we were playing war games in the swamp, I can remember returning to my hooch after a hard day in the bush, and breaking down and crying for almost an hour. Had nothing to do with feeling femme. It had to do with bagging up 3 of my men.

Yes, real men do cry.

Jodi

(seems like this topic has come up before)
    I do tear up or actually cry pretty easily. When I was younger I kept it bottled up or hidden as much as possible. Long ago I learned to just embrace it. Regardless of how I'm dressed (just try to be careful not to mess up my mascara).

Aspiring Member
    "Men do not cry easily, except when in times of sadness." - proverb

Stoicism was a very high ideal for those around me, to a point where the ideal seemed to be an exalted zenith. I cannot deny that I deal with emotions very intensely and have broken down ("like a little girl", what the heck) after not performing up to the mark at school. On rare occasions when I reflect on things I tend to beat myself up to a point of helplessness. And then anything, except Upworthy and the likes, can immediately give me "the feels" in this state of emotional vulnerability. And all these when presented as male.

I read of this analogy where we are all bowls of water, the water being our emotions, and we cannot have too great an emotional investment; too much and it will overflow. But many of us, I guess, are close to the brim, and I accepted that on my own part. It's a different kind of fog.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 03-30-2015 at 08:59 PM.

all the time...I can and do get very emotional at movies, a good book, a news story, family events...always have since I was little. I just no longer try or want to hide it. Not that I was ever effective at it anyway.

I am very emotional. My dad, who was very macho, was also...
    Please call me Lisa!

Coincidentally, I just saw a TED talk about the Alberta Tar Sands mining project with photographer Garth Lenz. He was in tears several times during his talk and this was in front of a huge audience!

This added to the emotional appeal of his talk. I think the idea that men are not supposed to cry is disappearing.
    Reine

When in a highly emotional state such as a bereavement, light the blue touch paper and I go off like a penny bomb.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Real life tragedies will bring tears out in me. Movies and such hardly ever move me to cry. I feel it's less about the role modeling by my parents and relatives, and more about the conditioning life has thrown my way. Death of a child tops the charts for tear generating events.