Thread: i did it

i did it

tonite i went to bar...dressed!!!

it was a hole in the wall, it had a drag show, i called ahead and they said no problem...

drove by 5 times...sat in parking lot ..
    i wore my hiphugger jeans with a flower applique,..gold sequin top..and a sparkly purple trenchcoat..it's the same outfit from one of the videos i posted..gold shoes, gold purse..(all the girls are going metallic...)...

i finally started walking in and about 6 girls came out...they definitley noticed me hehe ..but here's the thing...i felt just like them...they all had jeans on or cords...cami tops or tees and practically all had silver or gold metallic little purses...just like me...i know what they were really thinking but it was so much fun to imagine being one of them...no turning back...i went in paid $5 and ,....tada....no other cd's lots of straight folks...lots of gay folks too!

so i just went to the bar and sat down and ordered a drink..no prob..show was starting in 30 minutes....a guy came over and sat next to me...but it was funny he kept looking over, then looking away..(reminds me of myself as a guy)...soon the show started and it was kinda cramped.. but no worries..a couple of guys smiled at me and said hi.. one guy in particular was walking in front of me and he touched my arm and kind of ran his hand down to my hand...very flirty and i felt like such a girl...just flirting with a guy..

anyway the show was great..i went to the ladies room...no problem..i tried to chat up the drag queens a little...there were 9 of them..here's the thing...they were bitchy to me!!!! i took it as a compliment......is that how girls treat each other?...also let me say they looked so unbeleivably awesome...put me to shame..now i absolutley feel i need to learn better ways to put on my makeup because those girls were stunning(honestly 1 was pre-op, one was nasty, the other 7 were adorable)

on the way out i was right behind 2 drunk guys, nobdoy else in the lot and one was asking the other if he loved him...he was begging and said come on Peter..say it...say you love me in front of her.!!! .i said i think he loves you....and he laughed and said good nite..ahh romance...

that's all there is...i'd rather tell the truth than embellish it..
    well if you know how hard it is to walk into a bar alone, imagine doing it as michele....i have to say i loved it and can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!!!!

that's a nice story, hehe, you sound like a freshman with a fake ID

they sounds like a good experince good for you i wih i could do that but i cant yet i think i could pass though but what is a hole in the wall bar

WOW Michele!!! That is so awesome!!! I'm impressed. I'm pretty new here and still have a long way to go to figuring out what is right for me in all this and yadda yadda yadda.. However, it sounds to me like you just achieved a major accomplishment!!!! Rock On Girl!!!!
    Terri!

a hole in the wall bar..is a small kindof beat bar in my mind..its off a highway and its just there..nothing around it but cement and dead grass...

i like the college freshman line!...i'm over 40 but in my mind (michele's mind.) im early 30's lol

i was so nervous but when those girls walked up and i was right there in the middle of them i felt relaxed..truly relaxed... just wish i was a little less tall

All I've got to say is ~ "You go Girl!"
    Last edited by Sharon; 02-03-2006 at 09:44 AM. Reason: why quote for such a short reply?

Sounds

Like you had a good night. Keep it up.

Glad you had fun.

Susan

Great going, Michele! Isn't it fun to be out among other people while dressed? My only question is: Wot, no videos?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Smile

glad to hear you had a great outing. don't stop now go girl

Cool. I'm very glad you had a good night out. How's the wife and kids thing going? Any headway?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

girl next door
    WOO HOO! That' sooo cool, Michelle. I'm proud of you. I'm planning a night out with a GG friend to a drag show, and can hardly wait. Yours sounds like a wonderful experience. Thanks for posting. Hugs, Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

way to go girl. double big hugs you earned it.

thnx for the support ladies!!!

i would add thinking back on it that what i liked the most about it was after i got shocked into being in a group...(and beleive me they were looking at me and tittering a bit) i took a breath and went in and once i relaxed i wasnt so focused on being xdressed and i was just comfortably hanging out...

it was a very different feeling than walking around a parking lot and looking around to see if someone was watching or even just sitting alone..i felt very validated as a person...i felt like a woman...i liked it alot.

i can honestly say i never have felt that way and it was great

michele, That sounds great! I am happy all turned out for you. I can't tell you how many bars I drove past thinking ok I will park and go in but, I just chicken out and go home. I am getting my nerve up now that my fiance said she wants to go with me.

Beth

GypsyKaren
    Hi Michelle

Oh, you just can't beat being out and about, can you? I'm so glad you had a good time, once you let the genie out of the bottle she doesn't want to go back in.

GypsyKaren

wow - well done michelle! xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Michelle..way to go...... glad to hear your story and it sounds so exciting... maybe someday i'll get the nerve to do that too.. you shouldn't worry tho because you look so stunning....I wish ther was a place to go in the orange county area.. I would have to drive all the way into hollywood to go to place like that...thanks again for sharing..
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Monica

new email address & personal web page.....

monica55cd@hotmail.com

http://planet.angelfire.com/crazy/monica55cd/

Great time

Sounds like you had a great time. Go Girl!

Don't worry about the queens. sometime they feel conpetition from a good looking CD is a threat, just like the "working girls" do. They think you might take "tricks" away from them. Pay no attention to what they say. I've had a lot of experience with them and consider it a compliment that they think I am "competition".

Congratulations Michele

A wonderful achievement.

I wish i had your courage.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Sounds like you had a great time. Getting to the point where you felt comfortable in that crowd must have felt great. Good for you.

Michelle,

It sounds as though you had a wonderful time!!! Many of us live vicariously through stories such as yours, so please go out again, and fill us in on the juicy (or not) details. :cheeky:
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

What a fantastic night you had Michelle! Well done girl!

Sara xxxx

That was very brave and you did a great job on your adventure. I had two girls take me out my first time so I can only imagine how nervous you were by yourself going out. Way to go!

Thats funny that the Drag Queens were bitchy to you...its the same in Atlanta they are bitchy to us here too.