Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy as a home body?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar

Are you happy as a home body?

Today as I sit dressed all the way makeup and all I began to think. Oh I know that can be dangerous, but I digress. For those who pass, or somewhat pass, or know there is no way they ever could my question can you be happy with your cross-dressing and just being a home body. To do all the work to dress and for for whatever reason personal or the thought of being found out or outed I guess or its just too scary to go out but you really want it so bad, can just dressing for the sake of dressing be enough?
    Today being dressed it went through my mind several times why dont I just go drive thru for lunch or go do some shopping and yet I finally decided na Im good, but I know for the most part I can pass but even I know I will be seen as a guy pretty quickly and even though that doesnt really bother me its still a thought I think about, wondering what will they think when seeing me and knowing Im a guy?
    Does this keep you, my fellow CDers in the house more often than not? I read Heidi's thread about her great time yesterday and thought, see its not so bad this is just who we are and why does this have to be so hard for people or is it just and unfounded fear.
    Hugs Leigh

Yes, after years of dressing up but having nowhere to go I'm getting the urge to get out some. Nothing local, but some city a few hours distance for a day or maybe more.....

Leigh, Yes and no. Part of me would really like to go out in public again, but i have fears. My vehicle is old, and different than most, and in a small town area, where rednecks, and everyone would soon know about me, and i have fear yet of being ridiculed, snickered at, called bad names by men, teens, etc, and if my brother found out, he would make my life hell. It is safe in the closet, mostly, and taking photos and videos, and sharing them on here, and Flicker and Youtube, is a bit less scary. My cats are always safe company for me, too.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 04-01-2015 at 07:25 PM.

For many years I was afraid to leave the house en femme. Then I slowly started to come out of my shell. I started by going to TG support group meetings and changing on premises, then I started going to T-events that required short drives en femme, then I was going out at night with a few friends to ordinary venues, to eventually taking a walk around Boston alone and in broad daylight. Now, I don't really think twice about going out en femme, as long as I am far enough away from friends and neighbors who might recognize me. It is a lot more fun to get dressed up and then go out and live your life.

Although I am sometimes told (by other crossdressers) that I am passable, I doubt I pass in person at least not for long. That said, I've yet to have negative experience, even when I am certain that I've been read.

Over the years, I never went out. Today in the environment with my SO, we make it an adventure to go out and do dinner and a movie. We have a couple nice restaurants and found that people accept you where ever you go. I think I sometimes pass, yet other times I know I don't. However, I would stay out of bars in femme. LOL
    Part Time Girl

Actually Leigh.

I never get dressed up unless I'm leaving the house. I don't see the point in it. I use too. But then I went out. Discovered that the world didn't swallow me up so I just go out. At home it's just me in whatever clothes I happen to have on. Be they girlie pjs or my jeans I wear to work. But the whole wig makeup. Etc etc. not any more.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Seems kind of a waste not to go out and enjoy life.

To tell you all the truth, I am still very happy to be a stay at home dresser. Also I am happy to have a home to dress in!!!

I agree with most of the nice posts. I need to go out. Staying in-and alone-just isn't good enough.

Janet

Silver Member
    Leigh

I've been house bound most of experience, but really want to get out. I'm getting a chance now, so let's see how that goes. I am predicting that when I break the chain, it will be hard to keep this dog in the yard all day.

Hi Leigh, I'm pretty happy to be at home but on rare occasions I do get the urge to go out and then I do. If just for a ride that seems to be enough. Sometimes a walk in a park. I always went to my therapist dressed and that was in an office building with others around and I never had a problem. I also went to a support group, but I dressed there. Just do what feels right for you but always be careful and cautious. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I used to fuss about it but then got tired of that. I finally joined a TG Org. and that got me started. Then I started going to a local LGBT resort where I was accepted. Started making friends and having fun dancing en femme. It can be done if you really want to do it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Whenever I think I'll get dressed up and have a day at home, I always end up going out. It's just such a draw that I can't resist.

I thought I was until about 10 years ago when it just became too much. I needed to go out and experience the world as a woman and I did.
    Now that the Genie is out of the bottle the stopper doesn't fit the bottle anymore.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Yes...get out a bit....enjoy life....you live it once....the first 10 feet is the hardest part but once you get past that you will be fine....make it a goal , on this forum there is a large closet community ....once you actually get out you will see its not such a big deal.....good luck

If I am dressed I am going out

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    BTW....would I be weird saying I actually cant WAIT to just have a nice relaxing night home alone dressed?? I have been so busy, and I have been burning such a hole in my pocketbook I cant wait for a nice quiet night to relax with a glass of wine & my old jazz records....that will have to wait till May though.. xoxo

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Just so Im clear, I have gone out a few times and like many here have said it's great once you get past the fear. I guess Im asking once you have made it past the door and your out there can staying at home be enough for you.
    I do feel the need to go out once Im fully dressed but since I will never be 24/7 do you need that time out an about to be happy with yourself or is it a must to go out.
    I loved the times I've been out.

Just got back from a drive. Got the double take twice. Smiled back and kept on about my business.
    The one at Sally Beauty was a longer stare and closer, but no problem.
    If you want to be out, do so, I do both in and out, as I do dressed either way.
    Be yourself and if it means you enjoy yourself at home, smile and enjoy. If you enjoy doing life, do that.
    But always smile.
    Hugs

Platinum Member
    I would get bored if I had to spend my time confined to home. I'm a social animal...and need interaction with others.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As much as I love going out as amber, sometimes a nice quiet night at home with my 2 gg friends that love amber and a nice bottle of wine is wonderful.

I get real bored if I don't get out. I certainly enjoy dressing and hanging around the house doing way to many pics and trying on way to many outfits but after a while its tim eto hit the streets. I think I pass most of the time although I know I have been read probably more than I know but in reality no one really cares. That first step out of the car into a gay or trans bar can be terrifying but after a few minutes in the establishment you will see no one is really paying attention.
    Advice: get out have fun and enjoy life
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I'm an introvert and my home is my sanctuary. I do go out once in a while, but I can be just as happy staying in, too. A lot depends on whether I have someplace to go or someone to go with, and whether I have the mental/social energy to go out, or if I just feel like staying in and relaxing/recharging. If I'm not going out though I'm less likely to put on makeup and all, unless I want to try some new technique or new makeup or new outfits, and then I will usually take pics. Works for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leigh, That's pretty much how I feel too.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Nothing wrong with being a homebody, go out only when you feel comfortable.

Forget opportunities lost, you can catch up with them later.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.