Thread: Today I announced to everyone my secret.

Today I announced to everyone my secret.

Well, that went about as well as I could have expected. I came out to everyone via Facebook, and they were all supportive. Here is what I wrote:

While I don't think that something as petty as Facebook should necessarily be the place where all major news of a person's life comes to light, but just this once I really feel like I need to make something known. Even some of those closest to me will be hearing me say this plainly for the first time. So.. here we go.
    I've been getting asked more and more about how far I plan to take well.. "all this." If I planned on going full-time or not. Am I getting operations? Legal name change? Let me begin by saying this plainly:

I am a trans....former.

My entire life I always felt like I needed to change. By change I mean change into a jet and then back as missions demand. Once my mother caught me wearing a pair of fake wings and flipped out. She dragged me to a psychiatrist, and while we were in the car she flat out told me, "We are going to nip this in the bud. I didn't raise my child to be no robot-vehicle hybrid."

I told them what they wanted to hear, and went back into the hangar for many years. Well now it's 2015 and no one's going to stop me from being who I am anymore. I've been talking to management at work and I've gotten the go-ahead to start living as a Decepticon full-time and come next month, I start energon injections. I'm also legally changing my name to Destructor Maledictus Gray. I hope I can depend on you guys having my back, at least until I become undisputed master of humans and you have no choice.
    Now at this point you're probably thinking to yourself, "What about all the makeup and dresses and the inexplicable cleavage?" Nevermind that, that's just an essential element of my gender expression that has always been, and makes me feel grateful every day that I have people in my life who except me for who I am, and for the support they have given me.

But forget about all that, I'm a freaking DECEPTICON, people!
    Sincerely,
    Destructor Maledictus Gray

If i can do it, you can do it too!

Congratulations. I don't know your previous life self, but gladly welcome and embrace the Decepticon. From your pictures and your away from work life, I have always liked what I read and saw. May your road be gravel and not rock strewn, and maybe if you ever make out to the West Coast, or I to the Big Apple (definitely on my bucket list) we can actually meet and do the "Nanu Nanu". Forgive me Mork if I got that wrong (It's a greeting right?).

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Wishing you a wonderful fools Violet!
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Wow, Violet, I can't believe you told them the truth! Now that's seriously brave! And maybe a shade unnecessary as they were perfectly happy buying off on Violet the Transgender.

Does this mean you'll be giving up your femme stuff? Or do Deceptathingys have genders?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Violet, that is beyond awesome, I am so happy for you, you go gurl and decepticon the world!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Transformers - more than meets the eyes.

This was fun to read and there's a chance I'm stealing the idea.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Thinking I might take the role of your arch nemesis.... Call me 'Outamy Prime'... Transform from robot to walking frame... An autocorrect-bot...
    Last edited by Donnagirl; 04-02-2015 at 03:47 AM.
    Call me Donna, please

Great thread and I love the humour and pop culture reference, 2 gold stars for you! Good luck!

That is brilliant. I hope all goes well for you in you new life as a Decepticon.

Platinum Member
    After reading your Facebook revelation, I imagine your friends are either entirely supportive or understandably afraid of offending Destructor Maledictus Gray! It's best not to mess with a Transformer!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    I've heard the hardest part of becoming a decepticon is the voice. I don't care how shiny your chest plate is or what a great job you did pinstriping, the voice is a dead give away. Got to really work on that over driven auto tune sound. If you want a good practice tape, get Peter Frampton ' s "Do you feel like I do" from Frampton Comes Alive.

Little known fact, Frampton has been a closet decepticon since the 70's. He can be seen rolling down 275 posing as a Mac truck on the occasional Friday night.

The secret of success it to tell people what they want to hear.

Then walk away....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Violet, you never cease to amaze. Go, girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    I am a trans....former.
    Ha ha ha ha, figured it would be something like this.

Once my mother caught me wearing a pair of fake wings and flipped out.
    Wings? WINGS? By the metal beard of Alpha Trion (G1, of course), if you're not an Aerialbot that means you're a DECEPTICON!

But forget about all that, I'm a freaking DECEPTICON, people!
    /me pulls out weapon. Autobots! Get HER, until she screams out: "DECEPTICONS! RETREAT!"

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard at this! This was wonderfully creative, you seem like a really fun person!

This made my day, too funny. Thanks

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I remember that post

As many of us in the FB world you know allot of us truly have your back!!! Well not literately!

It's clear to me. Deception is what these creatures do. I think she's toying with us.

Best,
    Auntie Hasbro

BTW, I was able to trace your family tree online. You can find it here: http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us

(and I don't know how I missed this thread back on the 1st)
    Last edited by Rhonda Darling; 04-26-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

way to go hun!!!!!WAAAAAY TO GO.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Gone to live my life
    Hi Violet . . . CONGRATS on such a momentous step forward in your journey. Love the analogy explanation.

Hugs

Isha

Aspiring Member
    Every word of the original post is pure gold. More than meets the eye, indeed. Congratulations, and all the best!

Oh Ms Destructor Maledictus Gray!

I LOVE this post! Great smile to start the day -- you do rock, girl! (So how do I plug in the Decepticon???)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club