Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unseen gratitude

Unseen gratitude

I have to give credit where credit is due. I meet my wife at an early age, I watched her change from a girlfriend to a wife and mother, every step it became less and less about her and more about the family. something about a women once becoming a mother that they get these super powers and never become tired and will climb high mountains for there family, and they don't expect a thank you or a pat on the shoulder, they believe it's there duty. When I told my wife about my dressing problem, she didn't think there was a problem and has been very supportive. I am writing this post because last Saturday the kids were away for the night and we usually get together with friends or family, but that night she asked if we could just stay home and relax. I asked in that case if it would be alright if I dress, she told me I should take advantage of any opportunity I get. It was a great night we watched movies and she bought herself a few new dresses and asked me to model them for her, it was like a girls night. Sunday mornings I usally go to help my father in law with around the house chores, ther getting older and can use the help, my wife dropped me off and she went shopping. It was getting close to lunch and my mother in law asked me if it was OK if she just heated up some leftovers, knowing I am not a fussy eater. When I sat down for lunch there was deer and mouse meat. I was surprised because she usally makes this when the family is all together and she knows my love for wild game ,or when she has friends over for dinner. I asked her who was over the night before, she told me all the family was there and she had called my wife but she said we were busy and couldn't make it, I must of had a stupid look on my face because I knew we didn't do anything and I know how much my wife loves spending time with her family. A few minutes later my wife came back and sat at the table, her mother attacked her instantly and asked her what she was doing that she couldn't make it for dinner the night before. She told her, looking me straight in the eyes, that her good friend Maria came over. Her mother looking at me and then looking at her was wondering what was really going on, and made some comment about she never herd my wife talking about this girl Maria before. We were driving home and I asked my wife why she told her mother we were busy when we weren't doing anything, and I know how much she love spending time with her family, she told me that the last few weeks I had a little more Maria time and that she noticed a big difference with me, that I am more focused and just more happy go lucky during the week and felt it was more important for me to get Maria time then having dinner with her family. I told her if I didn't come to her parents house I would have never known she did that for me and that she didn't want credit or a thank you for doing that for me and how unselfish and kind that was of her, most people would want it known that they did something like that. She told me the most important thing in the world to her is her family, she has to make sure everything is perfect in our four walls of our home, that's all that matters to her, and better to have piece in the home and the war outside the house, I thanked her and realized how much threw out the years I watched her put herself second to everybody else, and threw it all she never asks for a thank you or even a pat on the back. I told her that we all take her for granted and she should take more time to enjoy the things she wants to do. She said seeing her family happy is what she enjoys. It must be once you become a mother that's all you care about is the family. Sorry it was a little long I felt I had to tell the whole story for it to be appreciated and I don't know many people who do something nice and don't want it known. I thank my wife and every wife and mother for there unselfish and caring love for there family, over there own needs.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 04-03-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Maria, great story, i know what you mean, i have been married almost 25 years, my wife has know before we were married, and has let me had Stacy time, when she been with the kids she would call me about 10 minutes before coming home to let me have time to change, it is special when you have a wonderful mate, you are a very lucky girl, thanks for writing your story, hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    That was a very generous act on her part. And an interesting observation on the value of integrating 'Maria' into your lives.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    Hello Maria .That's a wonderful story I feel very happy that you have shared this with us ,I to am extremely lucky to be married to a understanding and accepting wife myself, and can totally understand your joy . Women they really are superior aren't they ........... Katie x.

Nice story. I don't think it has to do with motherhood -- I think you just married a wonderful person.

What a wonderful post Maria. You both sound like lovely people with respect and love for each other and an understanding of what matters.

Hugs
    Suzie

that's a lovely story about a true, natural human being, your wife. If everyone were like her there would be no wars, and probably more men would be out cross-dressed!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Wonderful story and an amazing wife

+1 more admirer, interesting that, judging by her mom's actions, her mom may not have passed this on to her.

Wow Maria, what a wonderful story and what a wonderful wife you have :-) Take god care of her :-)

Hugs
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You have a great wife Maria.

Banned Read only
    you have a great wife maria you better cherish her for she is special.i cherish my wife so much i spoil her rotten.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria, You are so blessed to have such a wonderfulwife that truly loves you so much.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Maria, it takes a rare person to see what you see. Thank you for sharing.
    Reine

Maria,
    That was a good story of thanks and appreciation of your wife. She is a special person. Take great care of her.
    Part Time Girl

What a lovely and endearing story, Maria! Not only do you two seem like a match made in Heaven, I was especially touched by your awareness and heartfelt appreciation of your wife's selflessness in doing what she felt was the right thing to create a loving and harmonious marriage. There are many couples who could learn from that, and not only the CDers here and their SO's who struggle with incorporating this need of ours into their marriages.

Now then, as for that "mouse" meat...

A wonderful story Maria, thanks for sharing

hugs, Bria!

Banned Read only
    Nice story. Yep, as long as the husband and wife are enjoying each others company that's all that matters. Being dedicated to the family can be very stressful..for the husband and wife. When our child was still a toddler I could see my wife was being stressed out. The kid would not sleep more than three hours at a time. He was wore her down. I told her she needed to be a single person for a day. I booked her for two nights at a mid town Manhattan hotel, and, told her to go shopping at Macy's and Gimbel's and all the haunts we went to as a married couple without kids. She took leisurely soaking baths. She rejuvenated herself. Even now I encourage her to get together with "real" girlfriends and have a day shopping and dining. Sometimes mom's will feel a little guilty about "abandoning" the mayhem for a day or two. But, they need "down time" too.

Hi Maria,
    What a wonderful story thank you for sharing, you have just made my weekend a whole lot better
    Thanks, adelaide

I hope you have an idea as to how blessed you are. I imagine you have already bought your wife flowers and chocolates.
    Live and let dress.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    That is a lovely story,thanks for taking the time to tell us !
    I think most wives would have put the family get together before anything else especially CDing she must really appreciate what it does for you

Hug that lady tight. She is a rare find.

So wonderful and awesome and sweet! That's love!

(like Leslie, I'm also wondering about the mouse meat) lol

OK, so now that it is out in the open anyway, I have to say the Mouse meat just had me in tears

Suzie

Maria, I believe that defines love.