Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing make-up

Wearing make-up

I started to wear foundation now along with my mascara and neutral shade lipstick when going about my day,out of work of course, I was wondering if any other members wear make-up when not presenting as female. Also I seem to have reached a point that my make-up when applied just makes me look like myself with make-up on, there's no change in my looks, kind of undermines ones confidence in going out. I guess clothes do make the woman along with attitude of course. Just some thoughts on a rainy day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Only time I wear makeup while not presenting as a female is when I didn't quite wash it all off your pictures look great: )

I'm 87 and have been wearing makeup since high school. Most of that time I have been married (67 Years) and have raised a family. All those years I wore makeup and encouraged my kids to wear it when they were old enough. Why not? It just makes us look great. And somewhat beautiful. My wife would think I was sick if I left the house with doing my face or taking my bag of supplies to fix it when it needed it. If you do it right you will look like yourself at your best.

You look very nice and natural and you have the chance to quickly add to it when you want to look more fem.

I don't want to put my picture on here now because I am bald and have worn out my wig. I have my wifes OK to buy a new one but finances won't permit it right now.

Rhanda

I think you look fine, Lisa. Like a "woman of a certain age", as they say. One of the reasons or ways o wear makeup is to enhance what you have, to look like you "with makeup on" as you said. Your foundation and eyes and all look pretty good, like many woman do for daily wear. It's not"glam", but it's certainly "passable".

I wear makeup sometimes when presenting male. Mostly Foundation, eyeliner mascara, sometimes eyeshadow.

I think you look fantastic in the photos. Frankly I probably would not particularly pick you as male. Probably one of the few benefits of getting older that personally I think it is actually easier to "pass" as an older woman.

I love your hair! Is it yours (I'm guessing it is).

Even when dressed I wear minimal makeup as I look like a painted lady with too much on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Allisa, you have a very pleasing appearance. I'm not sure what to call it. It's just elegant and natural. Sidedressing? Malefe? Fmale?
    I'm now seeing how garish my makeup collection is.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I put on light makeup every morning - mineral foundation, a touch of blush, soft eye shadow, brown mascara and nude lipstick. There have been several days recently when I left it on when I left the house. No one seems to notice. I know that I am pushing it, but I can't help it.

Jeri

Hi Lisa, I see you reside near Berlin NJ, I grew up in Cherry Hill, graduated from CHHS East in '73. After getting married in '75,moved to Pennsauken, then finally to Florida. Been down here 11 years now and on the rare chance I get up there to see my son who lives in Mt. Laurel, things seem so different.
    By the way you look great in your pics, so natural.

Tina

If you think that you only look like yourself, let me quickly say that those photos are of a woman. So, if you look like yourself, then you are a woman. I only wish I looked that femme wearing minimal makeup rather than needing a truckload of everything plastered on my face.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I have to have my makeup when in female mode, it definitely makes me look so much prettier. Besides, I enjoy doing my makeup. When I don't have it on, I don't feel like "Bree".
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Hi Allisa,
    You look wonderful, keep doing what you're doing it is working

Thank-you all, I guess just "being me" wearing make-up is part of my acceptance of my whole self as I only see myself not a separate person. I know none of this makes any sense except to me in my mind. I've often wondered what others see when I'm my femme self, now I have a small inkling thanks to you all, my peers, but I think we all should visit an optician.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Silver Member
    Allisa

I know you've been working on those eyes. I have to say what a fantastic job you've done. And your hair is fantastic as well.

Have a happy Easter!

-M

I sometimes use a little bronzer or a mix a little foundation into my moisturizer for a little color. Other than that I wear nothing else when not dressed femme.

I have always for many years have worn foundation and mascara daily,usually with a light shade of eye shadow and a somewhat neutral shade of lipstick.

Maybe I am vain, but I cannot imagine leaving the house without some make up on.

Guess that's why I am the guy that takes the most time to get ready....LOL

You look very natural. When I look at your picture I think woman...
    Please call me Lisa!

Banned Read only
    Allisa,
    If you want to be out and about the way you look is fine, I some of us want to be more made up and glamorous but everyday life isn't like that and we'd stand out as over done ! Isha posted a while ago about being out and a GG friend pointed out that she looked fine but looking round the coffee shop was overdone !

Banned Read only
    A:

You know, there is no particular path here. While I would not choose to do what you do, it doesn't validate or invalidate either of us. It is only difference, and as such, it is something to be noted and appreciated. What I find significant is when someone makes the effort to figure out what it is that they need to do to satisfy themselves. That's a very powerful thing and should always be praised.

DeeAnn

I'm with Jeri. Most mornings I have very light makeup on. Just seems like the thing to do. It varies, but usually a little powder dusting, a touch of blush, light neutral eye shadow, and a few very soft strokes of mascara. I use great care when doing makeup and especially heading to work. I have to be very careful! I use may wife's makup mirror and that thing magnifies great & helps me eye anything that may be too heavy or didn't go on quite right! It does make me look so much fresher & I feel like its hard to leave home without at least a little mascara if nothing else. I suppose most girls do. Right?

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    Also I seem to have reached a point that my make-up when applied just makes me look like myself with make-up on, there's no change in my looks, kind of undermines ones confidence in going out.
    Allisa - that's what makeup is supposed to do. (Unless you're doing werewolf makeup for the movies or something.) It should perfect what you naturally have. I think you look great. You have nice features and the makeup looks tasteful and refined.

Platinum Member
    Hi Allisa, I have tried some neutral lipstick and some light blush as my cheeks are red to start with.

So far ~~~So Good
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think you look just fine Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Other than lip stick, I have to be in the mood to wear makeup. I often just pop on a bra forms and some lip stick, with what ever I'm wearing male or female attire, does it matter that much some times. then I just get on with my day. Then there are other times when I will spend hours carefully applying my make up and go through six outfits until I find just the one for that occasion. It's all part of the rich tapestry of being a CD.

You look great just as you are Allisa.
    Last edited by Jane G; 04-06-2015 at 12:30 PM.

I now always wear concealer and foundation when going to a bar or clubbing. As a boy I have always been self conscious about my skin and I find that make up fixes all my problems. I don't hide it but most men don't notice cause they are rubbish but all of girl friends notice I think and don't care.

If I could paint my nails and Wear cute eye Shadows I would but that would give it away!