Thread: Quick update

Quick update

Hi everyone,
    Sorry it's been a while since I've posted on the forum, I thought I would update you on my situation at home.
    My wife has been amazing the past month or so since I opened up to her about my dressing. After a few long and sometimes difficult sit down heart to hearts she has totally surprised me. The past three weeks or so have been a whirlwind.
    She has laid down some simple rules which I am more than happy to follow, the main one of which is that it is strictly between herself and me, no other parties are to be involved at all with my dressing. She also insisted that if I am to dress then I am to dress properly, that is in her words to dress in a style suitable to my age and build, nothing outrageous or over the top.
    She has started to help me build up my own wardrobe of clothing that is suitable for me but importantly fits me correctly. I am also encouraged to sleep en femme in the night ware she has bought me. I am being taught the importance of using make up correctly and she has started me on a skin care regime.
    I really feel so very very lucky to have her. She said something to me that really meant a lot to me, she said, that having been married for over twenty years to me I was still the same person she fell in love with all those years ago and a change of clothes wasn't going to alter that.
    I honestly think things are going to be ok

Congratulations you are so lucky and blessed. Take your time and enjoy
    your time sounds like you are both doing great.
    Keep smiling

Thanks Charlene

Gold Member
    My wife had just about the same rules; The only thing different was the make-up.
    For some reason, it just did not turn out rite in me when she tried to put make up on me.
    And she would point out things for me to order through the Catalog. Because of my
    size, finding clothes in a store was not an option.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    That's pretty wonderful!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks Kim, it is wonderful. Perhaps the most wonderful thing though is having my hair styled, I'm so glad I grown my hair long over the past couple of years.

Catalogues are wonderful things aren't they Rader

Very cool. At some point you might need to involve others -- not family or friends but service-providers; counsellors, wig-fitters or makeup artists. Not right away, but just have in mind that those things may happen. You're very fortunate and honestly she is too because she's getting to see you whole.

That is great to hear! My wife is similar in supporting me. The difference with me is that I do go out en femme and my wife comes along sometimes as well. I am also able to go out with others one on one or just me with a group without my wife. But my wife also helps me with my wardrobe and getting the proper size clothing. My wife also said the same thing, that she fell in love with me as a person, no matter if I am a male or female, it's the soul she fell in love with.

Hi Petra,

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!! Good for you

Now, not to be a party pooper, but ...

Many a story told here started out similar to what your just said, but ended badly some time later! A lot of times it simply takes a while for reality to set in for the wife and when she eventually have processed it all, she might change her mind.
    You have probably dealt with these feelings most of your life and your wife has only had a month to think about it! It is a big thing and it can be a game changer for some.
    Lots more to say, but you probably get the idea.

The usual recommendation is to take it slow! When we find acceptance, it is very difficult not to go overboard and that can be overwhelming for a wife. Keep communication a priority and make sure to listen to what she is saying and more importantly, listen to what she is NOT saying! The trick is to be completely aware of how she feels about it and be willing to slow down, stop or back up when it is needed.

Fortunately there are also a lot of success stories out there and you might just have started another one! In that case, enjoy the ride and tell us all about it

Hugs
    Suzie

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra222 View Post
    Catalogues are wonderful things aren't they Rader
    You bet; their very best thing invented since driveways and Mail Boxes.
    Rader

One of the continuing conversations my wife and I have is that I'm 61 and I shouldn't dress like I'm 20. I don't want to, although I really miss the idea that I probably could have been dressing back then. Our other talk is that GGs don't dress up any more, so if I'm going to blend I should dress casual. This is more of a challenge. We stayed overnight in a bigger city yesterday, and went out to a fancy dinner. We both dressed up just a bit, and we were the only people we saw that had. all the GGs running around the downtown area were in jeans and heels and winter coats. It didn't ruin our evening, but we do see how we both have to dress to pass better. I did spend pretty much all Friday night and have spent all day Saturday dressed in top and jeans and heels and got "How are you ladies today?" a lot. It was great.

Petra,
    You are a lucky girl, now take it easy and don't push it too far.

That way you should meet with success.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Petra,
    You are a lucky girl to have such a lady.
    Please say a big thank you to your wife on behalf of the rest of us.
    osteph