Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late Bloomer Question

Banned Read only
    As a child, I did mess around with my mother's clothes in secret, but as I grew up I distanced myself from those thoughts. Through it all, I don't remember any thoughts about having been in the wrong body or wanting my body to change. But, by the mid to late 90's, I did come to grips with my sexuality; first as gay and ultimately bisexual. Anyway, Life: college, marriage, kids, house, etc. Nothing happened for a long time until Halloween, 2003 at the age of 55. My friend (who I would eventually be my second wife 2 years later) and I went out for the evening both crossdressed. While I underdressed, it was January 2014 before I went out again fully dressed. Since then, 4 times in the last 4 months.

DeeAnn

Samantha

I am almost a carbon copy of yourself, I had repressed the feelings since my dad almost caught me. Asleep on the couch in his ex-girlfriends clothes that she had stopped wearing. Yes I know borrowing without asking is wrong but I was also 16 and still at school. So after narrowly averting a scary disaster I forced the feelings to the back of my mind hoping they would go away.

I finally came out to my wife last February and couldn't be happier. I feel calmer and more in control than I have been my whole life

Dear Samantha, I'm certainly part of this sub group as I first dressed at 17 than waited 50 years until I was 67 to start dressing and really finding my true self. May be we should be called late bloomers wearing pretty bloomers (LBWPB)???Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

One is never too old to try to find happiness. Just my take....I know a 70 who just started full transition.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

My story fits right in with the rest. After only two years of dressing I purged and didn't look back. More than a dozen years passed before the urge hit me again. I brought it up with my wife back then, but she completely rejected the notion and told me flat out if I gave in to my temptation she would leave me. I went ahead and repressed until now, four years later. I'm having a hard time of it because I'm caught between living up to my marriage vows to honor my wife and the deepest desire of my heart to express the female within me. I'm experimenting with living a life without dressing but expressing my female self as an online persona and though the art of photography. We'll see what happpens.

Good luck to you Samantha. Ending a relationship is never easy, but if your differences are irreconcilable then perhaps you will both be able to find complete, fulfilling lives.

Hugs,
    Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Granted we all would like to have come out many years earlier (us late bloomers), myself included. But I wonder if anyone thinks it was a little easier to do it late in life, when many of the complications have been passed by? I'm so glad most of your express so much happiness in finally expressing your true selves.

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words..this site and everyone here have been a HUGE boost to helping let this all out.. So I'm hoping soon I can accumulate a few things and maybe even a pic to release the inner me.
    Thanks so much again to everyone.
    Samantha

Sandra, I've had dressing issues for YEARS, and tried a couple of times on my own back when I was in my 40s. Then I repressed everything for many moons and just came out to my wife last year. We'f had some talks once in a while over theirs about me being a feminine male and she being a masculine woman, but last year I told her I had to do this and she said why not? I'd had shame attached to it for so long it's been hardest to get over that. I feel so free now around her and out in public when we travel that I'm a new me. I just make sure that I don't overdo it with her, she still wants a husband. I like being both to and with her.

Banned Read only
    i been fighting this my whole life,sometimes the female beast is happy either underdressing or nities to bed. i came out the 3rd time to my wife when i was 35 after i almost destroyed our marriage. since then its been on and off these last 12yrs. now that its me and my so we are working on me getting cheryl time again.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation That's not what I consider a "Late Bloomer" to be, Robbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbin_Sinclair View Post
    I'm in that camp. I don't have any early need to dress moments because I pushed anything feminine out of me. I overcompensated being an aggressive male very well all my life. Then, later in life than most of you, I learned a feminine mindset and how the two me's can be compatable.

I'm very comfortable on this site. For me, thinking about this too much is overthinking. I smile when I think of what stuff I can wear today and go about my day was happy as I can be acting from the perspective of the woman in me inside.

Coffee's ready.
    I'm a late bloomer. Some one who never even thot about wearing women's things until I was over 50. Much less tried them on before then.

Repressing your early desires until later in your life is quite a different matter than those that never had those desires until that advanced age! The main difference is that u have long ago worked out how to handle the thots and feelings that come with dressing.

I was over 50 and suddenly came to the conclusion I was gay! Took me nearly 10 years to work out I wasn't.

I came here and for 2+ years waited for my "woman inside" to show herself. Before I found I don't have one!

Most of u reconciled those confusing and other thots and feelings long ago. Try dealing with them in your 60's or later! Like a few of us have had to do.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, Doc, going on 61 here, in lots of turmoil yet.

Hi Samantha,

Sorry about the reference to ending a relationship. Got you mixed up with another thread.

Bridget

I had no inkling about this part of me until I was 56-57. I don't have any distinct memories of dressing or a desire to dress earlier. I've always been insanely attracted to women and women's clothes however.

So I'm in the late bloomer club. It's regrettable that I didn't know about this earlier, as I would have taken better care of my skin! Because I'm still new to this, in my mind's eye I'm a young woman. Who that old lady in the mirror is, I have no idea!
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!