Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cinderella syndrome". Can someone explain this to me?

Lily James is the actress. According to the www she is 5'7, weighs 132 lbs, her measurements are 34-24-35 and she wears a 32B and size 6.

Her waist certainly does look tiny.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    My life mirrors that of the ugly sisters. Whenever I see shoes I like, they never have them in my size . boom! boom!
    Glad to have been NO help, whatsoever.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

The problem for me (but maybe not for you) has always been that I have tended to confuse what I'm attracted to with how I'd like to be. It's the old "am I attracted to her, or do I want look like her?" thing. The women I'm attracted to are vastly different from the ones I'd like to look like. But for a long time I didn't see that clearly because I hadn't really given it any thought. What made me consider it was when GGs would complain about CDs dressing up like tramps or sissies or some idealized version of femininity thinking that it reflected how CDs view women. That may be true in some cases but it certainly wasn't true for me. I'm not that attracted to extremely butch women but I'd take butch over barbie doll any day. Besides, there can only be one barbie in this relationship. LOL!

Many years ago I, too had the dream of dressing as a princess in a beautiful long gown with many layers of underskirts that rustled with every step. The best I was able to do was to wear a bridesmaid's dress with a full underskirt. It was a wonderful experience.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I need some help here. Remember, I'm the guy that was just a man with NO gender issues until I was over 50.
    Actually, they were there all the time, but surpressed or ignored. Similarly, you can't make someone gay. You either are or you're not.

But, I digress. I realize that we are really talking about Rindercella and her 2 sad blisters...

Does anyone understand, or have, this same Cinderella copycat compulsion?
    No... and No...

DeeAnn

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexi_83 View Post
    Lily James is the actress. According to the www she is 5'7, weighs 132 lbs, her measurements are 34-24-35 and she wears a 32B and size 6.

Her waist certainly does look tiny.
    Thank u, Lexi! U inspired me to find some photos of the Disney girl/dress/scene that has captivated me.
    C-049-33544R.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    The problem for me (but maybe not for you) has always been that I have tended to confuse what I'm attracted to with how I'd like to be. It's the old "am I attracted to her, or do I want look like her?" thing. The women I'm attracted to are vastly different from the ones I'd like to look like. But for a long time I didn't see that clearly because I hadn't really given it any thought. What made me consider it was when GGs would complain about CDs dressing up like tramps or sissies or some idealized version of femininity thinking that it reflected how CDs view women. That may be true in some cases but it certainly wasn't true for me. I'm not that attracted to extremely butch women but I'd take butch over barbie doll any day. Besides, there can only be one barbie in this relationship. LOL!
    No, Stevie, we r not the same. I waited a long time before I picked someone to marry. Before then, I found out I could date women I found attractive as well as good company. My ex was a Las Vegas show girl. When I started dressing at over 50+, I wasn't satisfied until I saw a pretty young female in my mirror. Which hasn't changed yet for me. That should help explain my masks!?

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Actually, they were there all the time, but surpressed or ignored. Similarly, you can't make someone gay. You either are or you're not.
    ------------------------------------------------
    DeeAnn
    Oh, so you're one of those skeptics, DeeAnn? That r sure ALL CD's r born, not made? That all men would like to try on women's things if they were only brave enuff? I'm sure I won't change your mind. But, I KNOW u r wrong. At least, in my case!

And, "you're gay or not", assumption? What if you're a straight guy until you're 50 and suddenly start dressing? U begin having fantasies about being the woman with a man? I was sure I had turned gay! I'm far from being alone on that, either. No, I'm not gay. But, it took me years to work it out on my own.

And, what about those dressers that r "straight" until they dress and r attracted to other dressers? Straight? Gay? Bi? I have no clue what to call them. But, I'll bet u do!?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-09-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

thats the whole thing about CDing for me I see a beautiful woman and I want to emulate her at least in her looks or style of dress or swagger or something. Doc you present a great question and the answer is probably the answer to why we or at least I cross dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    thats the whole thing about CDing for me I see a beautiful woman and I want to emulate her at least in her looks or style of dress or swagger or something
    A lot of people in this thread agree with you, so if you don't mind I'll use your quote to ask a question to you, Sherry, or anyone else.

Is it beautiful, well-dressed women who have this effect on you particularly, or do you also become inspired by regular, average women you might see at the mall, say someone in mid-life who no longer has a girlish body, and who wears jeans and sneakers, a regular top, no makeup, and wash and wear hair.

Just curious.
    Reine

Complete Bitch
    I have the same issue with Rapunzel.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Google 'Mr Pearl' if you aren't already familiar with him. Then fly to Paris and have a fitting.

Problem solved. Ahem.

Further thots: why Cinders? Is she just Doc's flavor of the month? Do you develop these crushes regularly?

The Cinders story is about being rescued, protected and cherished. It's about being taken care of by a sugar daddy. It's about winning daddy's attention and living happily ever after. And being really, really thin.

Other than that she's just another babe in a ballgown, and frankly you could find better.

So Doc- is this about winning daddy's attention?
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 04-09-2015 at 05:40 AM.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    DRS:

Slow your roll and read what I said; not what you thought I said.

Oh, so you're one of those skeptics, DeeAnn? That r sure ALL CD's r born, not made? That all men would like to try on women's things if they were only brave enuff? I'm sure I won't change your mind. But, I KNOW u r wrong. At least, in my case!
    What I believe is that there is at least some degree of predisposition. This does NOT relate to everyone. Going from not crossdressing to crossdressing is a MAJOR leap and it would seem that it somehow touches a nerve. How many here have said that they begin to consider men differently while dressed? I think dressing can enable people to the point that they have thoughts or considerations that they would not have in their everyday lives. The thing is, who can say what is locked away in their subconscious?

And, "you're gay or not", assumption? What if you're a straight guy until you're 50 and suddenly start dressing? U begin having fantasies about being the woman with a man? I was sure I had turned gay! I'm far from being alone on that, either. No, I'm not gay. But, it took me years to work it out on my own.
    My comment relates to to how the thought process works. Contrary to the BS that many try to foist off, you cannot make people gay and you cannot make them not gay. This is why reparative therapy doesn't work. Conversely, if it were possible to make people gay or not gay, then reparative therapy would work. Anyway, for however it happens, some people have this tendancy. Whether it gets recognized and acted upon is a different matter. Similarly, I don't believe that clothes make the crossdresser. I think dressing can allow suppressed thoughts to surface.

It is interesting thay we readily accept that people can be born into the wrong body in terms of gender roles, but why do we believe that dressing once turns you into a crossdresser?

And, what about those dressers that r "straight" until they dress and r attracted to other dressers?Straight? Gay? Bi? I have no clue what to call them. But, I'll bet u do!?
    This is the heart of it. It don't think that would happen WITHOUT some measure of predisposition. Personally I don't really give a shit as to what they call themselves, but often I think there is a considerable degree of denial going on.

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    do you also become inspired by regular, average women you might see at the mall
    I certainly do. I see beauty in many people even if they aren't conventionally "beautiful" or wearing fancy clothes. Sometimes I admire a woman's clear skin, sometimes her skillful eye makeup, sometimes her smile, sometimes even her voice. I'm transitioning, so this is more than just crossdressing for me and maybe that explains why I might notice these other things more than some... not sure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for straightening me out, DeeAnn. We r pretty much on the same page after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne S View Post
    I certainly do. I see beauty in many people even if they aren't conventionally "beautiful" or wearing fancy clothes. Sometimes I admire a woman's clear skin, sometimes her skillful eye makeup, sometimes her smile, sometimes even her voice. I'm transitioning, so this is more than just crossdressing for me and maybe that explains why I might notice these other things more than some... not sure.
    I good point, Dianne. To reply to u and Reine; I would and have dated quite ordinary LOOKING women. But, until I read Reine's post? I hadn't realized I'm more interested in looking like the stunners than the ones I don't notice.
    I know that's a TERRIBLE answer! But true for ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Google 'Mr Pearl' if you aren't already familiar with him. Then fly to Paris and have a fitting.

Problem solved. Ahem.

Further thots: why Cinders? Is she just Doc's flavor of the month? Do you develop these crushes regularly?

The Cinders story is about being rescued, protected and cherished. It's about being taken care of by a sugar daddy. It's about winning daddy's attention and living happily ever after. And being really, really thin.

Other than that she's just another babe in a ballgown, and frankly you could find better.

So Doc- is this about winning daddy's attention?
    I'll give a score of 50%, Nikki! "Flavor of the week", mite be a better description of how I pick the next theme for Sherry!

But, your psycho-babble gives me too much credit. I carry NOTHING about their character and EVERYTHING about their looks! Before the Cindy look, I was totally captivated by Meryl Streep's outfit in Into the Woods. Where she sang Last Midnite and vanished. She was the wicked witch if u haven't seen it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I, would love to be young and beautiful as in the Cinderella movie,..but I know that will never happen. The best that I can do is try to imagine what I might have looked like at her ago if I were a girl.

I would love to wear a dress like that with all of its accoutrements including make-up and hair. I think I would even go to the ball. I also liked her character in "Downton Abby".

Banned Read only
    Thanks for straightening me out, DeeAnn. We r pretty much on the same page after all!
    Not a problem. Clearly there are many who do not agree with me, but I do try to explain the logic that I used to come to a particular conclusion. I think that is important; at least it is to me.

For the vast majority of us, when we talk about about our sexuality or our willingness to temporarily cross gender boundaries, these are likely things that have been suppressed for years; even decades. And, when the suppression is deep-seated like this, it will not go away without a fight. I think this is what drives people to purge. They let that Genie out of the bottle and then they get to a point where it feels like they MUST put it back in the bottle and pretend that is doesn't exist. This is just human nature. We walk out on the limb just so far and then it feels like if we go a half step further, we are done for sure. But maybe, just maybe, the next time we go out on that limb, we go a step further before we have to turn around and hide. Or maybe it has been 3 years since the last purge and maybe the time before that was only a year.

The thing is, we can see the effects of certain behaviors, but I would guess that unless we do a lot of intensive psychoanalysis we don't really have a clue as to what motivates us to dress. As I've said in other places, I devote very little energy towards understanding why I dress. Even if I did know, I don't think anything would change. I would derive the same pleasures and be subject to the same frustrations. I don't think I would dress any more or any less. I just don't see what would be different.

And to be honest, I don't understand why anyone would mask. But, that's OK. It is enough for me to see that folks derive something useful for themselves and that is fine. It is not necessary for me to understand, but it is necessary for me to respect it and appreciate the effort and level of preparation.

DeeAnn

just do it Sherry after all the looks you have done if this is a fantasy of yours and you can do it then go for it simple enough
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

That happens to me a lot when I see a beautiful and sexy gg.
    Angie

imagine being a belle at a ball (!) wearing a pretty pink princess gown!

oh god!

it'd be like a dream

come TRUE!

Cinderella Complex turns out to be a Thing: a book, with a Wiki, that talked about women's fear on independence.

Also: “When a woman (often submissive and needy) spends all her time searching for her prince charming to come rescue her; brainwashed by rosy romantic images and ideals.”