Thread: Oh for an accepting partner !!

Banned Read only

Oh for an accepting partner !!

At some point in our dressing we do sometimes need a little help, maybe our makeup or choosing outfits or a shopping trip !
    I'm OK with doing most of that myself but I've just attempted " Mission Impossible ! trying to shave my back ! I'm not a big guy and am fit enough to flex my arms and shoulders but can I reach all over my back with a razor, NO !!
    When I thought I'd finished I checked in the mirror to find small circles of hair still resiliently standing there !

There are three solutions, one don't bother again, tie a longer handle on the razor or ask the wife !

I have to say though it has changed the look of wearing lower neck lines, finally seeing smooth skin and without the bird's nest !

Gone to live my life
    Hi Teresa,

Being on the somewhat hirsute side myself (damn genetics) my back has always been an issue and nobody is that flexible . If your wife won't help (understandable as mine is not a big fan of shaving my back), I recommend finding a good salon and getting it waxed. Hurts a bit but it lasts longer than a shave.

Hugs

Isha

I usually don't bother with my back. You can use nair or something like that but it's nasty stuff and you have to make sure you shower it all off. My back is usually covered anyway. When I absolutely need it shaved like for performing at the Christmas show at the club(especially if I'm wearing a low cut dress), my GF gladly does it for me. Yes it does help to have a SO who accepts you for who you are.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

They do make long handled back shavers (I count my blessing I do not grow any hair on my back)

More exercise needed to make you more flexible.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Teresa, maybe this could be the answer to your problem:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mangroomer-D...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&

Banned Read only
    Bev,
    I did think about a remote controlled lawn mower ! I'd better not wear a wig if I do !
    As for being more flexible, I was knocking down brick walls for my son at the weekend, the last thing I feel now is flexible !

Gold Member
    My hair in front and back is like a forest, a dense forest.
    My wife asked that I not shaved, she loved to run her fingers through
    my hair. Out of respect for her, I do not shave.
    About a year ago, I had some Hart test done; they had to shave off a
    few spots to hook up the wires. In about 3 days, the patches where filled in.
    The thought of me shaving would mean that when I was finished at one
    end, I would have to start all over again at the other end.
    Way to much work.
    Rader

I think waxing is a good idea. But it may be possible to find a CD friend who will help. A lot of times, like at Keystone, I need to find a friend who will help with a zipper.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I know what you're saying Teresa, I not only have difficulty shaving my back but also washing it when I shower. Not only is it difficult to reach the back when you're able, it's even worse when a person has arthritis. Those stiff joints just don't want to cooperate. I use a back brush for showers but the hair on my back is un- reachable with no assistance.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Teresa,
    My wife is in a wheelchair and can't reach her lower legs to shave them. Her solution was to find those cheap disposable razors with the hole up the handle. She shoves a chopstick tightly into one and it extends her reach by about a foot. Hope this helps.

Banned Read only
    im blessed to have very little body hair,the hair that does grow is easy to shave and hair usually takes a month to show back up. p.s. i have alot of native american heritage.

I have one of the mangroomers that Devorah mentioned in her post. It works well for me. Not a substitute for a real close shave or a waxing, but it will do the job of eliminating the neanderthal back hair issue.

I have been getting my back waxed regularly for a couple of years now. The first time was a drop in appointment , it took a bit to get the nerve up . The next time I made an appointment to have it done at the same place , this made me more nervous and I let the service provider know that it felt odd for me to make an appointment to have this service done. She put me at ease and has continued to make it a completely comfortable experience . Not wanting to have a furry back is not a horrible thing . It has come to be a very relaxing experience , if you can believe that about having the hair ripped out of your body. A razor on a stick works , but waxing is way easier.
    I don't know why , but I am .

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    They do make long handled back shavers (I count my blessing I do not grow any hair on my back)
    I tried one of these from Walmart called the ManGroomer but didnt care much for it. For one thing, it said in the packaging it's a trimmer, not a razor. Being such, I found it very irritating to my skin, my back looked like someone took a rake to it. And even with the extended handle I found it difficult to do my back completely - it was very time consuming. I honestly think my regular shaver that I use for legs and chest did a better job.

Hello Teresa
    Why don't you ask your wife to do your back,when i ask my wife if she would shave my back some time she would give me a funny look and
    say why do want your back shave?i cannot shave my back and i wonder if you would do it for me, as don't want hairs show out my tops when i dress please ?.

good luck
    Carolyn xx

Reality Check
    One reason I wear a longer wig is to cover up back hair. There's not a lot buy any that's showing is a give away.

I would advise getting your back waxed. It will hurt a little but it will last much longer and you won't have any unreachable hair clumps to worry about. I get a total body wax about once or twice a year and use an epilator in between. It has been the best solution for me by far.

Accepting and participating are two different things. If she didn't accept you, she would have left. If you continue to try to push her to participate, she may leave.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I have been lucky when it has come to the hair department. I get patches but not a full back or chest full. I think the hairiest part of my body is my arms but I can take care of that myself. When I do want the hair on the back gone though my SO has no problem doing it for me. I think she has gotten use to me being smooth.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    You can use nair )
    ^this. Just cover the tender skin areas. When you start, use a shorter period of time than recommended. Then gradually increase until you get the desired results. That way you'll know when long enough becomes too long. Use a long handle brush to make sure you get everything off of your back after the Nair is done doing it's thing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.