Thread: working cross-dressed

working cross-dressed

So this is my first 6-day public "retreat", where i'm xdressed the whole time, day two now. So far so good, the delegates are fine, and I'm being gentler with the men that I used to be, so it's positively helpful to be xdessed. Yay!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Good for you sis...wish I could atleast once a month or heck once a year.
    But they would freak out if I did.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

you might be surprised Megan.

1. Companies struggle to find good workers and here in Europe there are quotas for minorities - disabled etc, so a T from LGBT gives a tick in a box that keeps off the red-tapers. There are positive benefits, it helps the co to be seen as open and accepting, and thats mostly good for business.

2. As long as there's no open grievance the chances are that rather than losing a job, its harder to sack you - cos of the "discriminatory card" you can then play.

I'm sure there are more reasons why its better to be "out" at work, except in oil-covered mechanic clothing of course!
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

It became known at my last job and was a problem. "T" rights are not that clear-cut here and the advice I got from a former HR rep (seriously) was "pretend you're gay." Not helpful, I don't share personal details at work now.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I don't have a job so I don't have any rights. Or a pension.

Somehow I struggle on!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Wow, congratulations Pamela, I am so happy for you and it is wonderful you have the support.
    I am technically contracted and while I think the people that I actually work for might be shocked, I'm sure they would be supportive. The company that I work for are NOT employee friendly and would quickly terminate me. They don't like complications even when the client is happy.
    This thread is about you though and it brings a smile to my face to hear your great news....
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Good for u girl. Go for it wish I had the nerve to do so

I think "the bottom line" type companies are concerned with wringing the most out of employees. Yet there are some very successful "socially responsible" companies that accept and embrace diversity..truly..And there are some fakers in between..Glad you can be you..I wouldn't have it ny other way..but I work for myself..and unaccepting people are free to go elsewhere...

The UK has some strong anti discrimination laws, as does Canada, so we are both luckier than some. Most of the membership on this forum are from the US, and the laws are more uneven, and generally not that much in our favour.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Day 4 now, in full pink attire (under and over) :-)))
    life is gooourdd!!

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    Day 4 now, in full pink attire (under and over) :-)))
    life is gooourdd!!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Pamela,

Keep playing that card.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.