Thread: The Wachowskis

The Wachowskis

I am an avid fan of The Matrix movies.

Little did I know (but found out somehow today), that one of the Wachowski 'brothers' ... is transgender! I never heard about it when I saw the movies. But then again, I didn't really know anything about what 'transgender' was so I probably wouldn't have known or understood haha.

Just thought I'd share my discovery
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Yeah I had heard of that alright, think she was a he when the matrix trilogy came out but he transitioned sometime after

Check on uTube. They have several videos of her giving wonderful interviews and speeches after winning awards. She is quite a woman.

Lana Wachowski is considered to be an eloquent spokesperson on transgender rights.

I believe The Matrix came out in 1999. By 2000 there were rumors that she was transgendered but as the Wachowskis seldom gave interviews they didn't address the topic until much later. Lana transitioned sometime between 2008 and 2012 and began to appear in public.

It is obvious that Lana and her brother are creative geniuses. I believe they are ahead of their time and that their movies, not just The Matrix trilogy but V for Vendetta, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending will become the films studied in film classes in the future. Unfortunately, present day audiences do not seem to appreciate their later achievements (even many critics completely fail to understand their later movies) and they have lost, rather than made, huge amounts of money. They are, very unfortunately, not likely to be given big studio budgets in the future.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 04-08-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

they really dropped the proverbial ball after matrix!

those awful sequels!

SPEED RACER?!!

and Jupiter looked baaaaaaad

cloud atlas was pretty groovy and v (they didn't direct?) was groovy... but that might both me more on the source material!

bound for the floor!

I do find it a bit weird the s&m / gothik type dealy within the matrix and then the former brother went for his domme (?) and I don't know it all seemed a bit odd!

the matrix was the perfect match of (pseudo) intellectualism within a stylized action movie

the sequels were horribly pretentious and boring!

the architect!

ha!

it's quite insane that people like them or m. nightie shamalong a ding dong still get to make big budgie movies!

Banned Read only
    I sit by reading this forum sometimes, idly watching as people here choose between the red pill, and the blue pill. Blue is a popular choice here - for a while.

all the Red Pillers are Mens Rights Hacktivists!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    all the Red Pillers are Mens Rights Hacktivists!
    Ahem. I took the red pill. See signature for explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Check on uTube.
    Specifically, this video shows Lana Wachowski's acceptance speech after she received the HRC Visibility Award. It's a long video (~30 minutes), but very funny and moving.

Alas, I agree with others who say their post-Matrix movies suck, but nevertheless Lana is a very entertaining speaker.

Talk about non acceptance after the revelation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

??

they continued to make VERY big budget movies even with all their failures

and she received many accolades