Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade show angst

All the time! It's kind of depressing to look in the mirror after I've dressed up and not see the sexy female body I wish for.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find beautiful women to be an inspiration. However, looks r more important to me than many others. I'm more than willing to use extreme efforts and gimmicks to immitate them.
    29450.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    ------------------ Do you get the same feeling when you see an average, run-of-the-mill woman ... say someone who is at the mall or you pass by on the street, who has an average body and who wears jeans, slouchy top (to hide her tummy), no makeup, easy-care hairstyle, etc. Just curious.
    No, not a chance. Unless there's something about her look that attracts me I probably won't even see her. But then, I hate dressing to blend. While most other girls here prefer that look.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I am not sure I think about this consciously. An attractive woman is an attractive woman no matter what she wears - it is about personality mainly, but also how she moves. That same woman will look even better and be more attractive if she dresses to the nines - which is probably why many women buy a dress they want their partner to be turned on and want to take it off. That works for this heterosexual cross-dresser just as it does for many men - except we have the additional element of also wanting to put that dress on ourselves - but not if it is a dress that would not suit me - some clothes just look better on genetic women. Complete strangers will attract more attention the better they are dressed, but there are women who can overcome this no matter what they are wearing. So for me there is no simple answer.

Funny, but if I was in that crowd I would likely be thinking "Oh, if only I were young and single and horizontal with her/them . . . " A cute outfit on a cute girl would maybe have me think about dressing. A hot outfit on a hot lady and I revert to my swine heritage.

I've been to few trade shows, and yes, you can see some very stunning get ups. Sometimes the suited sales women can look better than the scanty models, it's a fact that most men will be an easier sell in the presence of an attractive woman. Having said that, a casually dressed woman can be more attractive than one who has gone to great lengths, if she is more at home in that clothing, and the one who is dressed over the top, has obviously done so to get that attention. It's a matter of style, more than content.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I see just plain (women without makeup, hair just straight, or even the chubby ones) and sometimes just wish that was me because I could do so much with her. I can workout and fix my hair and think I know a little about makeup and sexy clothing. With that in mind I would probably just get lazy like some of those regular gals are and not take care of myself. I get jealous because I know they could look great if they tried at least they have the right equipment to be fine tuned.

Banned Read only
    Jacqueline,
    We use to have a display stand at Wedding Shows, on one occasion we were placed between two bridal gown stands, that was real purgatory hearing and seeing all those gowns being swished round and modelled ! My wife complained that I spent too much time in the bar area, it's was the only escape !

Platinum Member
    Hi Jacqueline, Yes I have been there and done that, The beautiful women there are a welcome distraction to me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Seems like a normal thought for most crossdressers...

Most definitely... These thoughts never go away. I'm always looking at women and studying their looks, and I never grow tired of it.

It might be related to my own age, but I have actually found that my attraction has widened quite a bit since I started dressing. I can find attractiveness in a much wider range of women than I did just 10 or so years ago. And I don't just mean their age. I mean their size too. What I may have thought was too heavy in the past, I can now easily look right past and find something else to admire about them. So much so, that I have actually shifted my attraction towards bigger sized women. I think this has to do with accepting my own size when dressed, finding things about my own appearance that I like has taught me that there are always things about women, of any size, that can be attractive and stylish. I mean, don't get me wrong, there are still upper limits of what I find attractive when it comes to size, but I'm pretty sure that I can find attractiveness in many women that most of my friends would not find attractive at all.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Yes , but reality is in there somewhere, trade shows are usually there to show companies their wares and those that go like to look their smartest..

Clothes do maketh the person and if you meet another potential client you do need to look your smashing best.

Go to Walmart and see reality for real.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.